Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Kim Kardashian in body hugging white dress in Hollywood (02/22/08)

I still stand by my shelf.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Hit By Ban Bus!

It also isn't unsual for a woman to come up with hundreds of imaginary character flaws when unable to tear up another woman's appearance (she looks like a slut, she looks like a bitch, you just know she's sooo stuck up
    Yep, I grew up with four sisters, so I've heard it all. A pretty girl is called a bitch or slut, whether or not she is, and if a woman is intelligent as well as pretty, that's when you hear "Oh, that stuck-up bitch thinks she's just the shit." To be fair, it isn't just women who scorn a beautiful intelligent woman, but society as a whole.

I think a lot of men feel threatened by a female who is smart and gorgeous, it isn't just women. People resent you for being intelligent/articulate - I can attest to that, and I'm male. You use a 5-syllable word and people give you a baffled, defensive look, like "Oh, so this asshole is some kind of intellectual snob.

It sucks having to dumb down and use monosyllabic English to appease morons and their insecurities.

I think it's comparable to women and their beauty. I'd hate to be a woman and have to downplay my femininity and attributes to please other women.
    And speaking from the male perspective, I've seen MEN treat pretty women rudely, or call them "stuck-up bitches" when one doesn't respond flirtatiously enough with them. Okay, so a woman is stuck-up or a bitch because she doesn't bat her eyes flirtatiously at you?

It's a case of sour grapes ("Well I wouldn't want her anyways, she's a stuck-up bitch") and reject-her-before-she-has-a chance to-reject-me.

Guys can sense when a woman is out of their league and I've seen them take that out on the woman. Or my favorite: "Well, she's just a slut". In Guyspeak 'slut' can mean 'Wouldn't sleep with me if the propogation if the human race depended on it."

So it isn't just women who give stunners a hard time, they get it from all sides. It's the price you pay for being superlative and that applies not just to looks. If you're better-looking than average AND intelligent/talented, the world will hate you, so be ready.

Hit By Ban Bus!

You use a 5-syllable word and people give you a baffled, defensive look, like "Oh, so this asshole is some kind of intellectual snob.

It sucks having to dumb down and use monosyllabic English to appease morons and their insecurities.
    So much word. I love how people think if you're erudite and eloquent, it's for the sake of impressing them or feeling superior.
    Using (gasp!) GRE-level words is my default mode, so I don't even realize I'm speaking advanced English until I see the defensive, huffy reaction you described.

I bet in NC you get that dumbstruck, deer-caught-in-headlights reaction a lot.
    That book-learnin' is fer fancy folk, ya'll!
    Of course, I live in Appalachia's armpit, so I can't make fun of you, but I sure can relate.

Okay, so a woman is stuck-up or a bitch because she doesn't bat her eyes flirtatiously at you?
    Correct. Being cordial sometimes isn't enough. I've learned that an ingratiating smile can go a long way. It's a fine, tricky line, because if you're TOO friendly, you open the door for "Can I get your number?" And if you demurr, you're a bitch/slut/stuck-up cunt.
    Last edited by MissDecember; February 29th, 2008 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CherryDarling View Post
    I still stand by my shelf.
    My shelf stands behind me. And threatens to sideswipe things when I walk by...

Moomies said:

I was on that airplane, I got questioned by the FBI afterwards, FBI dudes were all over me cuz I was so hot. I even let them anally probe me. Everyone was so jellus.
    Being anally probed by the FBI, now that is hott!

Kim Kardashian ain't got nothin' on you BB!

Quote Originally Posted by MissDecember View Post

Correct. Being cordial sometimes isn't enough. I've learned that an ingratiating smile can go a long way. It's a fine, tricky line, because if you're TOO friendly, you open the door for "Can I get your number?" And if you demurr, you're a bitch/slut/stuck-up cunt.
    And if you wont sleep with the guy, you're frigid.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Or a lesbian.

MD, whining about your beauty is so Alba-esque. I suggest you try being ugly for a day.

I don't believe that you suffer from your good looks as much as you claim (or wish). Why else would you put your own picture in your avatar? On a message board you finally have the opportunity to be judged by nothing but your personality, yet the first thing you do is reveal your looks. That's why I don't buy a word you say. You love the way you look and you are perfectly aware that you get more advantages out of it than disadvantages. The mere thought of people being oblivious to your "hotness" bothers you. Hence the avi.

I have a feeling you get the reactions you get, because you're full of yourself. People call me a hottie and I have PLENTY of female friends and acquaintances, who do not feel threatened by me. That's because I'm not out to convince everyone that I'm the hottest chick in the room. I just behave like the goofy tomboy that I am. No tons of makeup, no hypocrisy, no pseudo-sexy avi. Just me. You should try it, it would solve all your problems. Don't blame other women for their reactions, if that's what you desperately want.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Hit By Ban Bus!

MD, whining about your beauty is so Alba-esque. I suggest you try being ugly for a day.

I don't believe that you suffer from your good looks as much as you claim (or wish). Why else would you put your own picture in your avatar? On a message board you finally have the opportunity to be judged by nothing but your personality, yet the first thing you do is reveal your looks. That's why I don't buy a word you say. You love the way you look and you are perfectly aware that you get more advantages out of it than disadvantages. The mere thought of people being oblivious to your "hotness" bothers you. Hence the avi.

I have a feeling you get the reactions you get, because you're full of yourself. People call me a hottie and I have PLENTY of female friends and acquaintances, who do not feel threatened by me. That's because I'm not out to convince everyone that I'm the hottest chick in the room. I just behave like the goofy tomboy that I am. No tons of makeup, no hypocrisy, no pseudo-sexy avi. Just me. You should try it, it would solve all your problems. Don't blame other women for their reactions, if that's what you desperately want.
    She doesn't wish she were ugly, she's just talking about situations she's encountered, and I think that if more girls didn't fear the recoil from expressing their own experiences, you'd see more posts that echoed those types of reactions.

She's not saying or implying that she's some kind of goddess, she even said that it was her friend who was the "hot" one. And why should any girl not post a pic of themselves if they feel like it? (and no... she looks nothing like the star of David) The point is that she gets shit from people in the area where she lives, not that she's ashamed of being attractive.

So glad you cleared that up. Everyone should have a spokeswhore on here.

Thing is, she is one of about two posters among hundreds of members who puts her own pic in her avi. That comes across as being narcisstic and vain. Maybe THAT'S the reason women tend not to like her. Also, sorry for being frank, there are MUCH better looking women on this board and they never complain about the burden of being too pretty. How do you explain that?

All that complaining about other women is just childish. So what when women give you the eye. Take it as a compliment and pity them for being insecure. If you go on and on about it, chances are, you're proud of it and encourage it.

Spokeswhore, what do you say?

I am wondering if I should just call my friends and have them defend me online. No, just kidding, that would be too ridiculous.

Bottom line, If you keep on bragging about how you're too hot for people and too smart for the world, people will not like you. And it's not because they're jellus. Maybe it's not her looks or her incredible linguistic competence that makes people not like her, but her stuck up personality.

Just a thought. I'm sure the spokeswhore will proof me wrong.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Please, point out where I whined about my beauty. I haven't always been attractive, I was pretty awkward for the better part of my teens -- heavier, glasses, bad skin, frizzy hair -- so I know how it feels to be insecure, past and present tense. That awkward phase was a blessing in disguise for me because it gave me the opportunity to develop my intellect and personality.

I don't believe that you suffer from your good looks as much as you claim (or wish). Why else would you put your own picture in your avatar? On a message board you finally have the opportunity to be judged by nothing but your personality, yet the first thing you do is reveal your looks.
    Huh? Who said I'm suffering? I assuredly never did. The picture-as-avatar is more a reflection of initially not being aware of "unspoken GR etiquette", and less about vanity; by the time I realized that it was a gaffe, I just didn't give a fuck. For a good month after I registered my avatar was a menorah, and right now it's a Star of David, so I find this self-as-avatar line of attack especially ironic.

That's why I don't buy a word you say. You love the way you look and you are perfectly aware that you get more advantages out of it than disadvantages. The mere thought of people being oblivious to your "hotness" bothers you. Hence the avi.
    Love the way I look? Would that be a crime even if it was true? I have good and bad days like everybody else, and after spending a few years as a Plain Jane I probably have a heightened appreciation for my positive attributes than a person who'd been attractive all her life. However, I am acutely aware of my faults and have alluded to them at least as many times as I've changed avatars.

I think you mistake my calling my best friend 'hot' with me calling myself hot. Go back and expiscate -- all of my woeful tales of abusive treatment from women centered around my best friend and I as a duo, not as me by myself. My level of attractiveness is shamed by her, it is she who draws the bulk of the scathing jealousy. I am Rumer Willis to her Marilyn Monroe...she is 75% of the hotness quotient, if not 80%. While SummerSwelter's beauty appraisals of me as 'hot/sexy/gorgeous' are flattering, my self-appraisals are of a decidely more humble tenor.

I have a feeling you get the reactions you get, because you're full of yourself. People call me a hottie and I have PLENTY of female friends and acquaintances, who do not feel threatened by me.
    Again, where is it implied that I lack for female company? The whole anectdotal basis of the "insecure women are hostile to prettier women" posts was centered on my outings with my best friend. Who is...*drumroll*....female.
    Your assumptions about me are based on some preconceived notion you have of an archetypal, narcissistic, friendless cunt -- possibly somebody you know -- and you're projecting those
    generalizations onto me.

That's because I'm not out to convince everyone that I'm the hottest chick in the room. I just behave like the goofy tomboy that I am. No tons of makeup, no hypocrisy, no pseudo-sexy avi. Just me. You should try it, it would solve all your problems. Don't blame other women for their reactions, if that's what you desperately want.
    That's pretty damn condescending and catty for somebody who characterizes herself as a goofy tomboy. What are 'all of these problems' I have? Please, enlighten me. A few cunty looks from a select group of women is hardly catastrophic. It was germane to the original debate which has since been derailed. One rant or gripe does not define a person or render them crippled by crises.

I don't set out to convince other women that I'm 'hot', and I view pretty women with artistic appreciation, not with apprehension. When I go out with friends, say, to shop, my focus is on being with them, not on impressing inconsequential randoms. My preference would be to draw LESS attention, because it's a pain in the ass and a sapping of energy to always have your guard up, or to return a dirty look. It's all well and good to say that a woman doesn't have to feed into another woman's jealousy, but the reality is that if a hostile person -- man, woman, whatever -- makes mean-spirited eye contact with me, I'm not going to demurely avert my gaze to the ground. I find that returning and maintaining eye contact humbles some people, and they look away once they realize they can't intimidate you.
    I'm not a victim, I defend myself against assholes capably, but returning negative energy to somebody IS draining and can suck the fun out of an otherwise light-hearted, relaxed experience.
    I'm not going to dignify the 'tons of makeup' snipe, because it's especially patronizing, but I'm *so* glad you find my Star of David avatar psuedosexy. Finally, validation!

I was obviously talking about your former avi, not the current one. Not only did you have a pic of yourself in your avi (which Khaeb has, too, for instance, but hers was cute and friendly, so it never bothered me), it was one of those typical shots that teenage girls post on their Myspace to come across as sexy. Pouting, pseudo-sexy expression, that kind of thing.

And yes, you were complaining about the burden of people disliking you for being hot AND articulate. Don't make me dig up posts, I don't want to go through the effort - it's not that important to me. Just re-read your posts in this thread and tell me you weren't complaining as a way of fishing for compliments.

Plus, you talk about your friend, yet it becomes apparent in your subsequent posts that you do include yourself. Your post above is a prime example.

Also, you contradict yourself. On the one hand you claim that other people's envy doesn't bother you, on the other hand you say it draining. You get off on it, admit it.
    -Bugdoll-

I get off on being hawt.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Everyone should have a spokeswhore on here.
    Name-calling Chilly? Come-on. I never called you names. You're too laid back and tomboyish for that type of thing.

Thing is, she is one of about two posters among hundreds of members who puts her own pic in her avi. That comes across as being narcisstic and vain.
    Using your pic as your avatar comes across as narcissistic and vain to who? How petty and simplistic can you be to be offended by some anonymous internet person's avatar? Are you saying that's the basis for your resentment? Jesus Christ.

All that complaining about other women is just childish.
    Well how does calling someone a spokeswhore rank on the 'Chilly Willy Maturity Scale' ?

...you're proud of it and encourage it.
    How the hell does expressing your feelings and relating your experiences about being harassed translate into encouraging the behavior?

I am wondering if I should just call my friends and have them defend me online.
    Are you going to act like you don't have friends on the site that you conspire... er, I mean converse with? Come on Chilly. Wouldn't they stick up for you if you were being maligned? I think they would, if they're really good friends, that is. If they won't then you're just better off without them.

...her stuck up personality.
    aaah, the fallback rebuttal women use when they can't criticize somebody's brains or appearance. Shame, Chilly.

I'm sure the spokeswhore will proof me wrong.
    I'm pretty sure I did. But while I'm not officially a spokeswhore yet, (fingers crossed) I appreciate your support and look forward to tearing apart all your ridiculously jellus posts in the future.
    Last edited by SummerSwelter; February 29th, 2008 at 09:12 AM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Also, you contradict yourself. On the one hand you claim that other people's envy doesn't bother you, on the other hand you say it draining.
    No, I was pretty consistent in saying it was draining. I said the nasty reactions were not catastrophic -- as in, in the grand scheme of things it's not life-altering. A nuisance is not a crisis, but it is a really fucking irritating thing that I could live without.

The avatar snipes keep getting more absurd and childish. So, an avatar of oneself is acceptable, so long as it conforms to Chilly Willy's idea of cute and playful? So this then becomes a critique of the stylistic merits of avatars? Now that I know my avatar is a source of irritation and disdain, I'm going to never use my own picture-as-avatar again. Yeah, um....no.
    And the sexy, pouty poses you describe aren't a result of me trying to look hawt and Myspace. It's a self-conscious attempt at minimizing an ethnic nose, which, as a conceited cunt I shouldn't be admitting, oops! And my bottom lip sticks out at that angle, there's no pushing out going on there. It's fucking ridiculous that I have to justify my avatar poses to you in the first place.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information