Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Katherine Heigl at 59th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards (09/16/07)

Elite Member

I thought it was tacky the way she corrected them over her name.
    I didn't see the Emmys, so I may be missing something here - but I just think it's tacky of the people running the show not to make sure that all the presenters know how to pronounce the nominees' names correctly.

I'm no fan, but I can't blame her for correcting the pronounciation of her own last name. I've had mine mispronounced plenty of times by people, even after I've corrected them. It's annoying, and in a situation like this, the announcer should've known better.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

It was Eva Longoria who called out her name. And I didn't know if Katherines expression was 'oh, i won' or 'ohhh bitch got my name wrong'.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Please, KH is the most beautiful and most talented actress on tv at the moment. She's a doll, how can anyone not love her?

I love you, Chilly, but watching her treat everyone around here like they were something she scraped off her shoes really lowered my opinion. I've been around a lot of celebrities----she was one of the bitchiest by far, and she doesn't even deserve to be that bitchy.

I also don't think she's a very good actress. She's sloe-eyed and looks like Jessica Simpson. That's how I can't love her. Can't wait to see her get knocked off her pedestal.

KH has been rumored to be a prima donna for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    I love you, Chilly, but watching her treat everyone around here like they were something she scraped off her shoes really lowered my opinion. I've been around a lot of celebrities----she was one of the bitchiest by far, and she doesn't even deserve to be that bitchy.

I also don't think she's a very good actress. She's sloe-eyed and looks like Jessica Simpson. That's how I can't love her. Can't wait to see her get knocked off her pedestal.
    ITA. I've only ever seen the show a couple of times, but her acting is mediocre at best. I didn't like the way she handled the drama around T.R. Knight (?) and she just gives off an incredibly self-righteous and pompous vibe. She seems very calculated to me. Her time will come, believe me. Fame's a bitch that way. The people you were nasty to on the way up are the same people you're gonna meet on the way down.

It was just plain bad manners to publicly correct the announcer on stage. A quiet message sent to the booth afterword would have been the proper and polite thing for her to do.

I'd never even heard of this woman until she opened her mouth at the podium. Not a good first impression.

At least they said something close, I would have gone 'Katherine He- sorry i dont know how the fuck that name is pronounced'.

Quote Originally Posted by acinodras
    It was just plain bad manners to publicly correct the announcer on stage. A quiet message sent to the booth afterword would have been the proper and polite thing for her to do.
    Exactly. There was no need to make a fuss. Its not like they dont know who she is anyway. Its an insult for someone like her though because i suppose she'd expect everyone to know her name.

After all, she is a big-time TV star. The whole world should know how to pronounce her name! Not.

^Thats exactly what I mean. You cant be someone big if no one knows your name

Hit By Ban Bus!

I agree that she acted like a bitch during the T.R. Knight flap. Whenever she talked to the press about it, her attitude stank of high school mean girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    She's TOTALLY stuck up. We had to deal with her and her huge ego while she was filming in my little town.

And she didn't deserve an Emmy, not even close. Aida Turturro deserved that Emmy. They just had to give it to the It girl, not the one who's clearly the more gifted actor.
    im very found of you lily, but i strongly disagree. apart from Sandra Oh KH is the best actress on Grey's. she's kicked ass since first season. i cant believe she's only now being recognized. same with Jamie Pressly. Aida is great too, but Katherine has the ability to be a major star. Im talking Julia Roberts. Pompous or not, shes definitley talented.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Hit By Ban Bus!

she's such a fake, she seems sweet, but i get the feeling she's a rude! i want to smack her when i see her...

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung View Post
    It was Eva Longoria who called out her name. And I didn't know if Katherines expression was 'oh, i won' or 'ohhh bitch got my name wrong'.
    whoa! im confused, it was eva longoria that called out her name?

Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post
    im very found of you lily, but i strongly disagree. apart from Sandra Oh KH is the best actress on Grey's. she's kicked ass since first season. i cant believe she's only now being recognized. same with Jamie Pressly. Aida is great too, but Katherine has the ability to be a major star. Im talking Julia Roberts. Pompous or not, shes definitley talented.
    Thanks, finally. There were literally scenes on the first and second season that gave me goose bumps. She makes me cry and she makes me laugh, isn't that what a good actor is supposed to do?

I haven't seen such a talented tv actress in ages. She should have gotten that Emmy two years ago.

I just don't believe that she's a bitch. Or rather: More of a bitch than any other asshole in HW.

Oh, and if some lazy, arrogant, ignorant asshole was to mispronounce MY name while presenting my first major award to me, you bet your ass I'd raise hell about it right then and there.

How hard can it possibly be to get that one line right as a presenter?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information