Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hayden Panettiere Bikini candids (09/21/2007)

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I think a lot of us project our own insecurities onto some of these people. It really feels like the female version of internalized self hate and reminds me of the intraracial conflicts/debate about 'good hair' or skin color. It's like, no matter what, we will never be good enough. Are you tall and thin? Check. But where are your curves? No ass! Chicken legs!!! Then, do you have nice curves? Check. But why are your legs so short and why are you so muscular? You nose was too big and now it's too small and pinched. Your lips were too paper thin and now they're like fish lips.It seems like women meet one narrow standard of beauty just to have the standards get switched again so there is always something else to feel bad about. We've gotten to the point now where women worry about their damned pussy lips and whether their assholes are pink enough!It's one thing to say that someone's looks aren't your cup of tea or even that you find them unattractive, because everyone is entitled to their own opinion (even really mean, scathing opinions). I just think it's worth asking why we want to criticize any and every little thing. I really think it's an internalized self-hate thing and I'm honestly tired of it. It all comes down to measuring woemns' worth by their external appearance and makes us all seem like commodities.
    It's not that deep for all of us.

I think some reactions are similar to those we experience daily. You see someone in the street, think "Wow, she looks fat.", and you forget about the person/reaction a minute later. Any perceived malice is unintentional.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

It's not that deep.

I think our reactions are similar to those we experience daily. You see someone in the street, think "Wow, she looks fat.", and you forget about the person/reaction a mintue later

I suspect there is more depth to it than most of us would admit to. Besides, this girl is not fat. Period. There is no fat on her. Anywhere. Yeah, I may look at someone on the street who is indeed 30 lb overweight yet squeezing into low riders and half-tops and I may think "WTF?". But it seems we are really splitting hairs here. Fair enough, maybe some people don't think short women can be attractive. Fine, but that doesn't make her fat. Furthermore, if it isn't that deep, why don't we all have these same conversations about men? Yeah, sometimes we talk about someone's pot belly but it is nowhere near the degree that we critique women. that alone is saying that mens' appearances aren't as important as ours and it gives them a pass.

Gold Member

Crumpet I do thinik men are starting to get criticized just as much. Soon there will be equal amts. negative stuff both sexes, I am pretty sure. (Don't know is that goodf or bad? )

Crumpet,

Where have you been doll?? We do make comments about men. Yes, they are few & far in between, but they are still exist.

And, for real, no one here knows HP. These are SIMPLE (sometimes ignorant, but mostly comedic) drive-by comments. Don't take it so seriously.

~SG xoxo

It's not that deep.

I think our reactions are similar to those we experience daily. You see someone in the street, think "Wow, she looks fat.", and you forget about the person/reaction a mintue later
    I suspect there is more depth to it than most of us would admit to. Besides, this girl is not fat. Period. There is no fat on her. Anywhere. Yeah, I may look at someone on the street who is indeed 30 lb overweight yet squeezing into low riders and half-tops and I may think "WTF?". But it seems we are really splitting hairs here. Fair enough, maybe some people don't think short women can be attractive. Fine, but that doesn't make her fat. Furthermore, if it isn't that deep, why don't we all have these same conversations about men? Yeah, sometimes we talk about someone's pot belly but it is nowhere near the degree that we critique women. that alone is saying that mens' appearances aren't as important as ours and it gives them a pass.

Oh, yeah, put up a stupid Clooney pic (Wait, isn't that all of them ) and let the comments fly

She's a cute girl, and her body is fine. She looks healthy and in shape.

I still think she's a skanky little slut though.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Stumpy and skanky!

I admit, Hayden does have a nice body if you compare her to your everyday random humans I see in public when I go out, but by celebrity standards, I can understand how people can see her as stumpy. I guess it depends who we're comparing her against.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

Elite Member

I think a lot of us project our own insecurities onto some of these people. It really feels like the female version of internalized self hate and reminds me of the intraracial conflicts/debate about 'good hair' or skin color. It's like, no matter what, we will never be good enough. Are you tall and thin? Check. But where are your curves? No ass! Chicken legs!!! Then, do you have nice curves? Check. But why are your legs so short and why are you so muscular? You nose was too big and now it's too small and pinched. Your lips were too paper thin and now they're like fish lips.It seems like women meet one narrow standard of beauty just to have the standards get switched again so there is always something else to feel bad about. We've gotten to the point now where women worry about their damned pussy lips and whether their assholes are pink enough!It's one thing to say that someone's looks aren't your cup of tea or even that you find them unattractive, because everyone is entitled to their own opinion (even really mean, scathing opinions). I just think it's worth asking why we want to criticize any and every little thing. I really think it's an internalized self-hate thing and I'm honestly tired of it. It all comes down to measuring woemns' worth by their external appearance and makes us all seem like commodities.
    Well, I for one agree with you. I think things are just completely out of hand in our society with the degree to which women are concerned with their looks.

And yes, when I criticize a celebrity woman it is because of my own insecurities. It's basically bringing down someone who is held up as an ideal because you know deep inside the "ideal" is bullshit and there is NO woman who is perfect in every way, only airbrushed composites are perfect. Yet regular women feel that they are compared to these "ideals" and fall short.
    Look at how we bash ultra skinny models on here. We know they look like freaks and the only reason we bash them is because someone else is telling us "This is what you should look like" and we are rebelling against that. We know that these models and Hollywood women are going to extraordinary means to look "good" (plastic surgery, Botox, drugs, extreme dieting, etc.) and we resent that they are all pretending like it's natural, for God's sake.

wow all this shit for someone who just turned not even 21, or 25 or 30, but 18. get it together ppl. she's a child, and so is shaped like one. It aint dat serious........jeeesh!!
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Stumpy? WTF

She looks like a normal girl

She's got a good athletic body, but it's really rectangular.

I think she looks fine.

SHe sure is FIT! THats a tight little bod.
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

She just looks kinda muscly or something.
    So I stand with a dead smile on my face
    Wondering how much of my time they'll waste
    Oh god I hate these Satan's helpers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information