Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie visits Zoo with children (08/30/07)

Icepick, you can't really explain away the fact that you called out tkdgirl for dissing Jolie/Pitt. The obvious reason must be that you wanted her to stop. Why not focus on the outrageous celebs, rather than each other? It's a lot more fun that way, right?

I'm not going to stop. I owe no explanation, but if I had to think of why so many people do it (and enjoy doing it):

Jolie/Pitt are openly courting the press, orchestrating every move with calculation. Let's see, what is the message we shall send out with this outing today, team: Is it, "we are so in love" or "I am not a tramp for blatantly busting up a marriage" or "I am not a sleaze for rubbing my affair in my wife's face" or "I am so sexy" or "I am so hot" or "we are such good parents" or "aren't we so virtuous?" - what is the message du jour? Like other celebs, they could conduct their relationship and raise their family in privacy if they chose to do so, but they did not. They are fair game for comments.
    Last edited by Miss A; September 3rd, 2007 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss A View Post
    Icepick, you can't really explain away the fact that you called out tkdgirl for dissing Jolie/Pitt. The obvious reason must be that you wanted her to stop.

I'm not going to stop. I owe no explanation, but if I had to think of why so many people do it (and enjoy doing it):

Jolie/Pitt are openly courting the press, orchestrating every move with calculation. Let's see, what is the message we shall send out with this outing today, team: Is it, "we are so in love" or "I am not a tramp for blatantly busting up a marriage" or "I am not a sleaze for rubbing my affair in my wife's face" or "I am so sexy" or "I am so hot" or "we are such good parents" or "aren't we so virtuous?" - what is the message du jour? Like other celebs, they could conduct their relationship and raise their family in privacy if they chose to do so, but they did not. They are fair game for comments.

And heavens to mercitroid, look at how many frickin threads there are for thesse two! They are BY FAR, the most frequently posted people here and everywhere else. Open season. Period.

Personally I like to waffle between criticizing and defending Jolie-Pitt. That way you confuse everyone, even yourself. wahoooooooooo!!!
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

Quote Originally Posted by Miss A View Post
    Icepick, you can't really explain away the fact that you called out tkdgirl for dissing Jolie/Pitt. The obvious reason must be that you wanted her to stop. Otherwise, shall we all just stop having fun being snarky about celebs, and instead, observe and quantify what each other is saying? That sounds fun.

Jolie/Pitt are openly courting the press, orchestrating every move with calculation. Let's see, what is the message we shall send out with this outing today, team: Is it, "we are so in love" or "I am not a tramp for blatantly busting up a marriage" or "I am not a sleaze for rubbing my affair in my wife's face" or "I am so sexy" or "I am so hot" or "we are such good parents" or "aren't we so virtuous?" - what is the message du jour? Like other celebs, they could conduct their relationship and raise their family in privacy if they chose to do so, as Elizabeth Taylor said (one who should know a thing or two about it), there are a million ways to accomplish that. But they chose not to. They are fair game for comments.

How's this... I find it HILARIOUS that someone would make comment after comment about the SAME thing. How may comments can one person make about the SAME thing? Is saying it over and over again going to change anything? And WHY is there such hatred for people you don't actually know??

Hell yeah, a comment here or there, I can understand, but in EVERY thread with these two in it? Really?? Because there are 20 threads about them, there is a need to go into ALL 20 and say basically the same thing?? Get out there and insult other celebrities! If more than 80% of your posts are about one thing, that's whacked.

If I wanted her to stop, I would tell her that; my right or not. I just noticed something and typed it out loud. It's almost like a game now, see a Jolie thread and know the same ole, same ole is going to be said. I thought she might reply with something that would make me understand this obsession with ONE couple.

...and Miss A, you obviously aren't obsessed enough with them, because I didn't notice repetitive comments by you in EVERY Jolie/Pitt thread.

You know, I tried really hard to re-edit that to make it sound nice. Then saw it had already been quoted in entirety twice before I saved the edit, so had to back it out.

If we are all having fun observing each other, can I get this wish list in - why quote the person's entire post in your reply? I can see quoting a bit of it, but we can all see the whole post the first time. I generally hate the way I phrase things the first time (and sometimes every time)... and just hope the meaning comes through the words, rather than having them thrown back at me. I just hope the fun comes through. I know I have a lot of fun with the things others say here, lots of times. You guys are hilarious and this is always a fun place to come to. If we were in person, we'd get to pick up each others' good vibes. Writing things down is never easy. Basically, this is a board where everyone gets to be snarky about obnoxious celebs. It's actually kind of fun when we keep the focus on them...

OK, here goes another edit, this kind of post is not as fun as snarking about celebs, I'm gonna go back to that...
    Last edited by Miss A; September 3rd, 2007 at 09:55 PM.

Ice, when there are two threads for one set of brangelina pics, you get duplicate comments. If you notice, I prefaced those comments with, 'as I said on another thread...'. Bid deal. Not any different than the repetitive chin, sandy vagina, etc. for Jennifer Aniston from the same folks.

Shiloh is cute,but I think Suri will grow up to be more beautiful.
    & I think big lips is not an advantage to everyone.It looks good on Angie coz it goes well with the rest of her features.Someone else with it may just end up looking like a baboon.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    How's this... I find it HILARIOUS that someone would make comment after comment about the SAME thing. How may comments can one person make about the SAME thing? Is saying it over and over again going to change anything? And WHY is there such hatred for people you don't actually know??

Hell yeah, a comment here or there, I can understand, but in EVERY thread with these two in it? Really?? Because there are 20 threads about them, there is a need to go into ALL 20 and say basically the same thing?? Get out there and insult other celebrities! If more than 80% of your posts are about one thing, that's whacked.

If I wanted her to stop, I would tell her that; my right or not. I just noticed something and typed it out loud. It's almost like a game now, see a Jolie thread and know the same ole, same ole is going to be said. I thought she might reply with something that would make me understand this obsession with ONE couple.

...and Miss A, you obviously aren't obsessed enough with them, because I didn't notice repetitive comments by you in EVERY Jolie/Pitt thread.
    Icepik, I see you on these threads, too. All the time, too. Saying the same things, too.

What's the problem, we all do it. You included.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Icepik, I see you on these threads, too. All the time, too. Saying the same things, too.

What's the problem, we all do it. You included.
    What things am I repeating over and over again?

I make comments about the actual picture or story in the thread, or make comments to other peoples comments, VERY RARELY is it anything else. I have no hate or love for these people. Anything I say is unbiased. I have never slammed or gushed over them..or any other celebrity, so I know for a fact I have never repeated over and over and over again my hate or love a celebrity.

Insult whomever you like, but shit.. "I hate her!! She looks like a preying mantis" doesn't need to be repeated over and over and over again in every single thread with them in it, does it? If the hate is so bad for a celebrity, I would think the bag of insults would be full and alot more interesting

Most people tend to consider themselves unbiased, doesn't mean they are.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Most people tend to consider themselves unbiased, doesn't mean they are.
    I am and I have my comments here to back that up.

I can safely say that I'm not unbiased at all.

I can't stand the Jolie-Pitts. Of course, I never liked AJ even when she wasn't canonizing herself and giving self-important interviews to Ann Curry. Maddox is the cutest of the "Jolie-Pitt" kids, and Shiloh is sort of cute. I've seen cuter babies. If they had a truly gorgeous child, then I would say so, even if I didn't like them. I have nothing against the child. But empircally, she's not the cutest kid I've ever seen.

Icepick, if you really were unbiased you wouldn't take offense in people attacking Brangelina, I'd say. You'd stay away from those thread if you found the comments so annoying instead of attacking other posters for their opinion.
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    I can safely say that I'm not unbiased at all.

I can't stand the Jolie-Pitts. Of course, I never liked AJ even when she wasn't canonizing herself and giving self-important interviews to Ann Curry. Maddox is the cutest of the "Jolie-Pitt" kids, and Shiloh is sort of cute. I've seen cuter babies. If they had a truly gorgeous child, then I would say so, even if I didn't like them. I have nothing against the child. But empircally, she's not the cutest kid I've ever seen.
    Shiloh is cute sometimes... and sometimes she looks alittle too much like Brad, and that's not a good look for a baby girl. Catch her at another angle and she's a cute little thing.

Oh, yeah. I would never say Shiloh ISN'T cute. She does look exactly like her dad.

I can't stop laughing at "That's not a good look for a baby girl." I don't know why.

She's probably grow up to be very purdy. Maybe she'll change her name to something less stupid.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information