Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cameron Diaz at the Saturday Night Live afterparty, NYC (09/30/07)

Default Cameron Diaz at the Saturday Night Live afterparty, NYC (09/30/07)

CCEU

She can't act, she looks like ... um ... this ...

Poor girl.

I like her. Yeah, big deal ...

Cool

She can act...She looks like a hot 35 year old...and no, she's actually a rich girl. True story.
    *Veni, Vidi, Ven...iiiiiiiii!!!*
    (I came, I saw, and I came again)

She cannot act, not at all. She is a HORRIBLE actress. She may have charisma, but she can't act worth sh*t. And I even kind of like her. But please, she is totally talentless.

I like her, but I agree that she cant act. Shes not great there, but she still has something that pulls it off and it's not unbearable to watch her.

Cool

My post was more of a joke reaction comment to this "John Robie" dude, but I feel like now is the time to go on a rant I've been sitting on for a while now.

None of you know this about me, but I'm an actor myself. Yes, professionally. And let me tell you: judging acting is entirely subjective. Whatever the actor/actress, be it Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts, Chad Michael Murray, Mischa Barton, Gérard Depardieu, Gong Li, Johnny Depp or Paris Hilton or whoever else, you'll have people saying he/she's an awesome actor/actress and people saying he/she's a really shitty one. It's true for the general public and for the inside industry. A same actor, doing the same thing, confronted to two different acting teachers, can receive two very different feedbacks. I'm not saying there's no such thing as bad acting, of course there is, and I've seen my fair share of it, and consider yourselves lucky if your idea of bad acting is Cameron Diaz, or whichever actual professional actor you can think of. Also of note, one actor's acting can vary depending on projects.

Now, for Cameron Diaz. I don't want to get into her personal life I don't know her. There's all the rumors about her being a narcisstic insecure control freak, and an incurable idiot above all that, but that has nothing to do with acting ability (I know nobody here implied it, but such things often come into consideration for people, ex: Tom Cruise). As far as acting is concerned, sure her roles in The Mask, Charlie's Angels, There's Something About Mary, The Sweetest Thing & the Shrek movies weren't particularly challenging, but they weren't meant to be. I mean can you imagine anyone picking an oscar winning cast for Charlie's Angels and then send it for award consideration? Seriously? Cameron's filmography also includes movies which rise above the average, some more than others. These movies are Being John Malkovich, A Life Less Ordinary, Vanilla Sky, In Her Shoes and The Holiday. I'd include Any Given Sunday and Very Bad Things, but I haven't seen those yet. Even some people who hate Cam seem to agree she did a good job in Being John Malkovich.

As I said the appreciation of acting is subjective. Some people will find Keanu Reeves is a horribly wooden actor, because they feel he doesn't have any range. Others will hate Jack Nicholson, for they feel he's over the top. Who's right? Who's wrong? There is no correct answer. That in a way is the beauty of it: we all like different things. Everyone has the right not to like this or that actor/actress, whatever the reasons, and it's always fun to do a bit of bashing. I'd just wish that when people write "so-and-so can't act", they stop and think about it and write "I don't like so-and-so's acting" instead.

There, I tried to put down my thoughts as well as I could, and hope they convey what I wanted them to. If you read my post to the end, I thank you, and hope it was interesting to you in some way...

H_E_D

PS: Yes, Cameron Diaz has charisma, and a lot of it. And honestly, charisma is essential to acting, even if it doesn't replace it. You can't hope to make it professionally if you don't have charisma.
    *Veni, Vidi, Ven...iiiiiiiii!!!*
    (I came, I saw, and I came again)

Fug!

I am now quite certain she is gay. At least admit it! I think people should own up to who they are.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^Why do you think she's gay!?

She is a horrible actress.. did anyone ever have the misfortune of seeing "The Sweetest Thing"? Dreadful. But, she's not looking that bad here...

Dammit girl, put something on your face!

She actually fixes up quite well at times. If I were her I'd never leave the house without makeup. She's no fresh-faced girl, that's for sure. The enormous contrast between when she's properly done up vs. au natural is why people think she's fuglier than she is.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Sorry, but she's not a good actress. All that she had going for her was her looks, and she lost those along time ago.

Close ups of her face are just horrible.

She plays the same part in her movies, supposedly cute yet stupid, and lucky.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

I have to say I've only ever really liked HER when she was Mary. (There's Something About Mary) She was very likeable in that. I have liked some of her other movies but she wasn't the reason.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information