Thread: Nicole Richie buys some Nasonex (08/30/07)

MIWMIWMIWMIWMIWMIW

Default Nicole Richie buys some Nasonex (08/30/07)

CCEU

Aren't you not supposed to take ANY kind of medication while pregnant ? A girl in my entourage is pregnant and said she wasn't allowed to take Advils ... So come on ! :O
    Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul.
    Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Goely View Post
    Aren't you not supposed to take ANY kind of medication while pregnant ? A girl in my entourage is pregnant and said she wasn't allowed to take Advils ... So come on ! :O
    That's pure bullshit. No advil but you can take Tylenol. You can take nasonex, mylanta, robitussin, unisom and various other things. I have a list a mile long of medications I can take. You can even dye your hair and get perms.

Advil or any other OTC pain med with ibuprofen is contraindicated during pregnancy because it's a prostoglandin-inhibitor. Tylenol is okay though.

Many women take lots of different meds when pregnant if an MD has determined that their therapeutic effects/ncessity outweighs the risks.

From Drugs.com:

• Nasonex nasal is in the FDA pregnancy category C. This means that it is not known whether Nasonex nasal will harm an unborn baby. Do not use this medication without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Am I going blind, because I can't see the Nasonex anywhere?!

PS--as far as taking meds when pregnant, I have a friend who was prescribed Vicodin when she had an emergency root canal when she was 7 months along. Who knew?
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

At seven months that isn't as bad as if she'd been 7 weeks. But if this were me, I don't know if I'd be comfortable taking Vicodin while pregnant. Maybe if the dosage was reasonable and if I was in just unbearable pain (which can bring on early labor).

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    At seven months that isn't as bad as if she'd been 7 weeks. But if this were me, I don't know if I'd be comfortable taking Vicodin while pregnant. Maybe if the dosage was reasonable and if I was in just unbearable pain (which can bring on early labor).
    Yeah, we were all kind of like when she told us that. But her face was swollen and everything, she was in misery, so I think the dentist figured she'd be okay--he talked to her OB/GYN. Her baby is healthy and a smart young man now, BTW.

Well, assuming she was taking the Vicodin as prescribed, the risks to her baby are probably way lower than enduring that kind of pain unabated.

Now people who barely (or really don't) need pain meds but pop them for shits and giggles or because they've gotten so accustomed to taking nothing less for pain that now nothing less works for them, those are the people who...if they continue this during a pregnancy, particularly in the first trimester...probably have to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Now people who barely (or really don't) need pain meds but pop them for shits and giggles or because they've gotten so accustomed to taking nothing less for pain that now nothing less works for them, those are the people who...if they continue this during a pregnancy, particularly in the first trimester...probably have to worry.
    Yeah...ITA. I still wonder how they got Nicole off all of the drugs she was on pre-pregnancy(we all know it was a LOT more than Vicodin and pot she was taking) and she didn't lose the baby.

I wonder if Nicole can stay Off of drugs for the rest of her life. Especially since she's been addicted to various things starting at a very young age.

Hopefully, she'll be smart and put all those drug days behind her since she will soon have a baby to contend with.

I'm sorry to not be optimist about her life at all but she's a real waste of time because we all know she's not gonna recover from her addiction without going to rehab like any other normal person (I define normal someone who doesn't get pregnant by her, at that time, 4 months boyfriend in hope to get a better life). She maybe thinks that having a baby will change her life but it will not change the needs of drugs and alcohol she has in her body ...
    Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul.
    Marilyn Monroe

Are you serious?

It's Nasonex, apparently prescribed to her by her doctor who assessed it was appropriate for her to use during her pregnancy. X17 ran these photos accompanied by a medical opinion (they weren't in a position to give) and the readers set them straight.

I also disagree that only rehab can cure addictions. Look at Lindsay, or better yet the relapse rate in general.
    ssabmud

Thread Information