Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Melania Trump makes a fashion oopsie

Default Melania Trump makes a fashion oopsie

this was not a mistake.
    what are the chances melania actually bought a $39 jacket from zara? so far she's pretty much only been decked out in designer shit so there's no way this isn't a message to trump's die-hard supporters.
    twitchy2.0, czb, faithanne and 6 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I don't understand how that is to Trump supporters? Didn't she wear this to go visit locked up immigrant kids?
    rollo likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Yeah, it's less of a fashion faux pas and more of a fashion fuck you.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I think this is between her and the orange buffoon. I really think she actively hates him at this point and she just doesn't give a shit about HIM. She wants out, she wants away from him, but she's been firing from behind the scenes. It might be getting close to open warfare.
    fgg and Nevan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I don't understand how that is to Trump supporters? Didn't she wear this to go visit locked up immigrant kids?
    Yeah, after Trump caved to public pressure and had to issue an order ending family separations, but not because he actually wanted to end family separations and child detentions.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Not to mention, she wore it in DC and then down by the border, neither of which would require a jacket at all. It's summer!

I also think this is Melania giving the fuck you sign to Trump and his administration.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    this was not a mistake.
    what are the chances melania actually bought a $39 jacket from zara? so far she's pretty much only been decked out in designer shit so there's no way this isn't a message to trump's die-hard supporters.
    A 2 year old Zara Jacket.. No chance at all. She is giving everyone who cares a big middle finger.
    Maya Angelou — 'When someone shows you who they are believe them; the first time.'
    Brookie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

She's a dick, just like her husband.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

czb

now i don't know what to think about the jacket. at first, i thought she was slagging on trump. but the local dem group in my FB feed is saying that she is saying she doesn't care about the kids.

^ Well, that's the problem. It can be interpreted in at least a couple ways, so it was definitely inopportune and ill-advised not to mention tone deaf. Save your fuck-yous for some other time, not when you're visiting kids in baby jail.

Of course her husband said it was aimed at the "fake news" riiiight.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Yeah, after Trump caved to public pressure and had to issue an order ending family separations, but not because he actually wanted to end family separations and child detentions.
    Yeah I get that. So how is this aimed at Trump supporters?

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    now i don't know what to think about the jacket. at first, i thought she was slagging on trump. but the local dem group in my FB feed is saying that she is saying she doesn't care about the kids.
    That's how it reads to me too. But no one could be that crass, right?
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I think we're all hoping that the much cheated on wife of Goldfish is sending subtle hints to the people about her distaste for this administration, but I don't think we'll ever really know. Regardless, it was stupid to wear a jacket with that saying. This situation isn't playtime, it's real life with babies pulled away from their parents and put in fucking cages.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

I know the OP probably meant the thread title in a sarcastic manner, but these people have made me lose my sense of humor (and my lunch) and this is no oopsie.

As for the jacket, anyone with enough brain cells to hold themselves upright would know you don't wear that jacket in this situation, and probably not in any situation when you're FLOTUS. I can't think of one. And when I heard about this, I said exactly the same thing sput and kasippu did about the likelihood Melania would own a 2-year-old, $39 Zara jacket. It beggars belief.
    rollo and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I think we're all hoping that the much cheated on wife of Goldfish is sending subtle hints to the people about her distaste for this administration, but I don't think we'll ever really know. Regardless, it was stupid to wear a jacket with that saying. This situation isn't playtime, it's real life with babies pulled away from their parents and put in fucking cages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I know the OP probably meant the thread title in a sarcastic manner, but these people have made me lose my sense of humor (and my lunch) and this is no oopsie.

As for the jacket, anyone with enough brain cells to hold themselves upright would know you don't wear that jacket in this situation, and probably not in any situation when you're FLOTUS. I can't think of one. And when I heard about this, I said exactly the same thing sput and kasippu did about the likelihood Melania would own a 2-year-old, $39 Zara jacket. It beggars belief.
    I agree with everyone who says this is insanely inappropriate at any time. It's stupid, and crass and all the rest. Except... (and this doesn't make it acceptable, it simply makes it something I can sort of understand)... I think she's operating on adrenaline rage right now, and I don't think she does care about anything except getting out with her son and away from him. And that's all the shits I have to give about her situation, unless she does something truly decent like bring the asshole down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information