Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: 'X-Men' director Bryan Singer accused of sexually abusing 17-year-old boy in 1999

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    How in the world do these perverts find each other??
    Perv-dar
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Here's the problematic part, and maybe someone mentioned it before - if Singer can prove with documentation that he was not in town on the dates that Egan says this happened -- and Singer and his lawyer are saying exactly that -- then this case disappears in a big puff of smoke.
    There have been a lot of articles, so it is quite possible that I missed it... but did Egan list specific dates?
    Just curious because maybe he WAS in Toronto for pre-production August 23, 1999. Doesn't mean he wasn't in Hawaii August 24, 1999. (I just threw out random dates)

Regardless, it is kind of sad and unsettling that accusations like these in Hollywood are less shocking and more, "I hope this finally brings people down."

Quote Originally Posted by dallison View Post
    There have been a lot of articles, so it is quite possible that I missed it... but did Egan list specific dates?
    Just curious because maybe he WAS in Toronto for pre-production August 23, 1999. Doesn't mean he wasn't in Hawaii August 24, 1999. (I just threw out random dates)
    I think he specified a period. It seemed like it was within a one-week time range. Also, it was the same period of time that he said he had been assaulted by the guys who settled the earlier suit.

mjw
    Elite Member

Default New Sex Abuse Lawsuit Filed Against Bryan Singer

The defendants deny the claims in the new suit, filed by the same lawyer who filed four other suits in the past two weeks.

An anonymous British teenager has filed suit against Bryan Singer and Gary Goddard, alleging that they both sexually assaulted him.

The suit, filed by the same attorney who filed child sex abuse suits in recent weeks on behalf of Michael Egan against Singer and three others, alleges that Goddard contacted the teen via social media when he was 14, and that nude webcam sessions followed. Later, according to the suit, when the teen was 15 or 16, Goddard had sex with him. Singer had sex with him at a Superman after afterparty in a London hotel room when the plaintiff was 17, according to the suit. The boy resisted, but Goddard brought in a “large, musclebound man” who began to smack the teenager around, says the suit.

Singer’s lawyer, Marty Singer (no relation) dismissed the allegations as “totally untrue.”

He added, “After the substance of (attorney Jeff Herman’s) previous defamatory and fabricated filing in Hawaii was disproved based on unassailable evidence, Mr. Herman's desperation has led him to fabricate these new anonymous accusations against Mr. Singer, which we will also prove to be completely false.”

Herman has asserted that he has witnesses who can place Singer and the other three defendants at underage sex parties in Hawaii, while Marty Singer has said he has credit card receipts, cellphone bills, movie production schedules and over a hundred witnesses that will demonstrate Bryan Singer was elsewhere at the time. Neither side has revealed its evidence publicly. All four defendants in the earlier suits have denied the allegations.

Goddard’s lawyer, Alan Grodin, said in a statement, “It is a shame that the specious claim made by Herman in the Egan case has resulted in this new claim that we note is over 10 years old. For now we will say the claims are denied and Gary will vigorously defend.”

The earlier suit against Singer has yet to be served, almost two weeks after it was filed. Nor has the new suit been served yet.

“It is time for the media and public to focus their attention on Mr. Herman's nefarious motives and tactics which seem to be driven solely by his need to shake down an innocent man like Bryan Singer,” said Marty Singer. “We intend to seek sanctions against Mr. Herman for his reckless, unethical behavior.”

The new suit was first reported by The Daily Beast.

source

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - New Sex Abuse Lawsuit Filed Against Bryan Singer

Elite Member

The alleged incidents happened in 1999 and it's now 2014. How can the attorneys for either side produce credit card receipts and cell phone bills from 15 years ago? Why would anyone save those receipts for so long?

If receipts and cell phone bills are done electronically, they never disappear. Follow the trail.

mjw
    Elite Member

Exclusive: Man Suing Bryan Singer Said He Never Traveled To Hawaii, Where He Alleges Rapes Occurred

In the lawsuit against X-Men director Bryan Singer, some of the most explosive allegations took place in Hawaii. There, Michael Egan alleged, Singer and others drugged and raped him. But in a deposition taken for a previous lawsuit after the rapes allegedly happened, Egan stated under oath that he had never left the continental United States.

A portion of this 2003 deposition, obtained by BuzzFeed Tuesday, directly contradicts a major part of Egan’s current lawsuit, which has riveted Hollywood for weeks and brought to the surface a slew of sexual abuse allegations against other movie-industry figures.

In a lawsuit filed last month, Egan claimed that Singer repeatedly raped and sexually abused him. Some of those attacks allegedly occurred in Encino, Calif. But many others allegedly took place in 1999 in the seven-bedroom Paul Mitchell Estate in Kailua, on the outskirts of Honolulu. There, according to the complaint filed last month in federal court in Hawaii, Egan “was required to interact” with Singer, who allegedly provided him with cocaine, Xanax, Rohypnol, Vicodin, Percocet, alcohol, and a mysterious pill called “green triangle,” which the complaint indicates may have been ecstasy.

But Egan said he had never left the continental United States with Singer and the other defendants, according to six pages of the 84-page deposition, which raises questions as to how he could have been in Hawaii in 1999.

Asked during the deposition whether he had taken any trips outside the continental United States, Egan replied, “Never had any trips outside the continental U.S., no.” Egan then responds to a question specifically clarifying that he had never traveled to Hawaii.

“I’m not sure how he interpreted the continental United States,” Egan’s lawyer, Jeff Herman, said of the portion of the deposition. “I’m not sure what he’s talking about specifically here.”

Herman said that Egan’s mother, Bonnie Mound, told him that she had authorized either Marc Collins-Rector or Chad Shackley — both plaintiffs in the previous lawsuit — to take Egan to Hawaii on at least two occasions. Mound clarified this because, during the deposition, Egan explained that he had never traveled outside the continental United States because his mother would not approve such trips.

Herman said he also confirmed the trips with Egan.

That deposition was given in Los Angeles County during settlement proceedings for an earlier round of lawsuits. Those suits were were not directed against Singer. Instead, Egan and four co-plaintiffs had sued internet entrepreneurs Collins-Rector,Brock Pierce, and Shackley, who often hosted parties in their Encino mansion that drew young men and Hollywood figures.

In his lawsuit filed last month, Egan alleged that he had been abused not only in Hawaii, but also at that Encino mansion — allegations that are not undermined by the newly obtained deposition. There, according to the complaint, Singer “forcibly sodomized Egan.”

But from a legal standpoint, the Hawaii allegations are crucial to the suit. Egan was able to file suit in Hawaii because of a law there that extended the statute of limitations for older cases such as Egan’s. The extended deadline was April 24, 2014. Egan’s complaint was filed on April 16, 2014.

Egan is suing Singer for damages “exceeding $75,000.”

Marty Singer, counsel for Bryan Singer (no relation), did not comment on the revelations in the deposition.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/e...-never-been-to

Elite Member

I guess there would be flight records to prove if he flew to hawaii.

mjw
    Elite Member

Former Disney Prez David Neuman and "X-Men" director Bryan Singer did not sexually molest accuser Michael Egan -- so claimed Egan himself in sworn legal docs.

Egan signed a sworn declaration in 2003 after suing 3 other men (not Neuman or Singer) ... who allegedly molested him as a teenager back in the '90s at various parties.

Egan's 2003 declaration states, "I have never had any kind of physical contact with David Neuman other than what is normal and appropriate between non-sexual acquaintances."

The declaration goes on, "Up until this last month [December 2003], I have only had incidental social contact with David Neuman, which involved primarily the exchange of polite greetings and small talk. … [Neuman] never acted improperly around me or toward me, on a personal or professional level."

And get this ... during Egan's sworn deposition in the earlier case, he said no one other than the 3 defendants were "partaking in all this stuff." Egan now claims Singer was partaking, but his sworn words a decade ago flatly contradict that.

Neuman is asking the judge to throw out the case against him.

Read more: Bryan Singer Accuser -- Former Disney Prez NEVER Molested Me | TMZ.com

Now we need one of our lawyers to advise what impact something like that has on this case. Does the above statement negate what he says now?

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Now we need one of our lawyers to advise what impact something like that has on this case. Does the above statement negate what he says now?
    Just wanted to mention that the site posting all this favorable info (TMZ) is being accused of being as "women friendly" as a Bryan Singer pool party:

Salacious, Scandalous, Media Outlet TMZ Being Sued Because, Basically, They Don't Like Women | EURweb

Yes folks, TMZ is being sued for sexual discrimination by a woman who says the outlet is a … wait … allow us to clear our collective throat …”boys” club that hates women.
    Catherine “Taryn” Hillin, a former writer for TMZ, filed a lawsuit Friday against the company for sexual discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful termination.
    The suit stated that she was employed by TMZ as a producer for approximately a year-and-a-half from Feb. 2012 to Sept. 2014, and was the only female writer on the celebrity news website’s staff.
    Hillin alleges that she was quickly advised that TMZ was a “boys club” favoring male employees over female employees, with one employee telling her, “Good luck being a girl writer.” The suit progresses to cite specific examples of discriminatory comments made by Evan Rosenblum, the executive producer, that include quips like, “Don’t be a girl” and “Never cry in front of me.” Hillin also says that Rosenblum humiliated her in front of coworkers by screaming at her and belittling her with comments like, “You’re f—ing s–t,” and “I f—ing hate this s–t you hand in.”
    Additionally, Hillin states that Rosenblum allowed male employees to do rewrites on their own work, yet denied her that opportunity; giving the job to her male colleagues instead. She also alleges that the work she was praised for by other supervisors, was said to be not good enough by Rosenblu

Read more at Salacious, Scandalous, Media Outlet TMZ Being Sued Because, Basically, They Don't Like Women | EURweb

I buy it. That little midget Harvey seems shady......

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

mjw
    Elite Member

Michael Egan, the man who has accused four Hollywood power players—including X-Men director Bryan Singer—of raping him when he was a teenager, dropped one of the quartet of lawsuits today, according to the Los Angeles Times. The man no longer being targeted is David Neuman, a one-time executive at Disney and CNN.

The
    Times reached out to Egan's attorney Jeff Herman to ask why the suit against Neuman has been dropped, but heard no response. The Times posits that the reason Egan has pulled back from this specific suit is because Herman filed a motion to dismiss last month based on 2003 testimony from Egan stating that Neuman never sexually abused him.

Regardless, it's not exactly a surprise that Egan's claims are beginning to fall apart.
    Nearly every source we spoke with in investigating the Hollywood gay party scene believed that Egan was, at best, exaggerating his accusations.

Further, earlier Egan testimony has also made it easier to question his accounts. All four accused men—Singer, Neuman, Gary Goddard and Grant Ancier—have strenuously denied Egan's accusations.

Source

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - Bryan Singer accuser drops one of four sexual assault suits

Elite Member

I'm not sure who this John Doe is....is that the British kid?

Bryan Singer dismissed from sex abuse charges

By Samantha Highfillon Jul 25, 2014 at 7:06PM @samhighfill

On Friday, John Doe 117 dismissed his sex abuse suit against Bryan Singer.

In the lawsuit, John Doe 117 had originally claimed that Singer and Broadway production exec Gary Goddard had sexually abused him. Singer had filed a motion to dismiss the case in July, but this latest dismissal came about before that motion was even heard.

The case was dismissed with prejudice, so in the future, the plaintiff will not be able to file new cases against Singer with the same allegations.

As for Goddard, John Doe 117′s lawyers filed a brief opposing his motion to dismiss. His case remains active.

John Doe 117′s attorney, Jeff Herman, issued the following statement: “Upon further review of the facts and circumstances, my client does not want to pursue those claims.” Marty Singer, attorney for Bryan Singer, told EW, “We are pleased the case was dismissed.” Goddard’s attorney did not immediately reply to request for comment.

Buzzfeed
    has a copy of Singer’s dismissal and the memo in opposition to Goddard’s motion to dismiss.
    Bryan Singer dismissed from sex abuse charges | News Briefs | EW.com

Bryan Singer accuser seeks to withdraw original sex abuse lawsuit against ‘X-Men’ directorÂ* - NY Daily News

Bryan Singer accuser seeks to withdraw original sex abuse lawsuit against ‘X-Men’ director

Michael Egan III reportedly wants the dismissal granted 'without prejudice or an award of costs or fees, in the interest of justice.' The original lawsuit claimed Singer sexually assaulted Egan when he was underage and attending notorious drug and alcohol-fueled house parties in Los Angeles and Hawaii.

The Nevada man battling “X-Men” director Bryan Singer over claims of teen sex abuse is pulling the plug on his original lawsuit.

Michael F. Egan III filed a “Request for Court Order of Dismissal” this week in the high-profile case against the famed director, online records for federal court in Hawaii reveal.

The paperwork is sealed, but the title also states that Egan, 32, wants the dismissal granted “without prejudice or an award of costs or fees, in the interest of justice.”

If dismissed without prejudice, the action could be filed again at a later date.

Attempts to reach Egan and his lawyers were not immediately successful Wednesday.

The former aspiring actor created a firestorm of publicity when he and lawyer Jeff Herman went public with his accusations in April.

Egan and Herman claimed Singer, 48, was part of a “sordid sex” ring that preyed on vulnerable teen boys in the late 1990s.

The original lawsuit – which came shortly before a trio of nearly identical filings against three other high-profile Hollywood figures – claimed Singer sexually assaulted Egan when he was underage and attending notorious drug and alcohol-fueled house parties in Los Angeles and Hawaii.

Singer quickly denied the accusations, saying he wasn’t even in Hawaii at the time of the abuse alleged in the complaint.

Still, Singer dropped out of the press tour for his latest “X-Men” movie, which opened in May and already has grossed more than $740 million worldwide.

“The allegations against me are outrageous, vicious and completely false. I do not want these fictitious claims to divert ANY attention from ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past,’” Singer said in a statement obtained by The News.

“This fantastic film is a labor of love and one of the greatest experiences of my career. So, out of respect to all of the extraordinary contributions from the incredibly talented actors and crew involved, I've decided not to participate in the upcoming media events for the film,” he said.

“However, I promise when this situation is over, the facts will show this to be the sick twisted shakedown it is,” he said. "I want to thank fans, friends and family for all their amazing and overwhelming support.”

Egan and Herman previously dropped the cases against the other three Tinseltown titans. A judge’s ruling on Singer’s case was not entered as of Wednesday morning.

Egan and Herman, meanwhile, appear to have parted ways.

Herman filed a motion last month asking the court to remove him as counsel on the Singer case, saying his attorney-client relationship with Egan had “broken down completely.”

Herman said Egan was working with a new lawyer, identified as John C. Manly.

Manly previously represented clergy sexual abuse victims in southern California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information