Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: 'X-Men' director Bryan Singer accused of sexually abusing 17-year-old boy in 1999

Bronze Member

I don't think it's just gay parties. I bet same crap happens at straight parties, too. And it's a norm in Tinseltown. I am not sure about this Egan guy, but I hope he's better have some good bodyguards and the whole team protecting him. Or he will be found dead sooner or later. Scary, you know.

One possibility is that Egan is backed by someone or some organization, not necessarily the law enforcement. Believe it or not there seems to be a few groups that want to topple down Hollywood is the most spectacular way. And if they exist, I hope they cannot be bought. This gay thing is just a smaller facet of so many debaucheries in Hollywood. I just hope everything, I mean EVERYTHING gets revealed and spread around the world. I'll just sit back and enjoy the show.
    hustle4alivin likes this.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post
    Amanda Bynes is also a prime example of what can/does result from the Hollywood pedos disgusting, sicking actions.
    But if you survive through the ordeals, Oscar is waiting for ya, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post
    Amanda Bynes is also a prime example of what can/does result from the Hollywood pedos disgusting, sicking actions.
    Yeah, her too. No one implodes like that for no reason. One day she's fine, the next she's tweeting people that she's retiring from films, then several instances of bizarre acting out behavior culminating in a scary DWI car wreck? I mean, is no one doing the math?
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I'll be sure to share this with my clients who were sexually abused by their fathers, and/or brothers and uncles, etc. They should have left the families instead of burying themselves in the pain and shame. I'll let them know that they consented since they didn't stop it. And these young boys in Hollywood must have consented too, because it couldn't be like they were traumatized,or threatened with what would happen if they went public.
    Of course, once you're victimized (which you probably sent out signals to invite the assaults - so really you brought this on yourself), if you remain in that situation, you are now asking for it. So in reality, you are not a victim, you wanted it all along. Blech!!!! This is why these criminals continue to get away with raping & abusing people!

I hope all these reprobates get exposed!

I hate that there is a system that routinely covers for these pieces of garbage! I hope the enablers get named too.
    Last edited by mostroop; April 18th, 2014 at 04:02 PM.
    dexknows likes this.

Bronze Member

That's the worst part of it all, in order to break this wide open a lot of very powerful people will be named- you have to wonder with all that money and power at their disposal what lengths they'll go to.
    hustle4alivin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Yeah, her too. No one implodes like that for no reason. One day she's fine, the next she's tweeting people that she's retiring from films, then several instances of bizarre acting out behavior culminating in a scary DWI car wreck? I mean, is no one doing the math?
    I remember several rumors about Britney Spears getting pimped out by her parents back in the day and she had one hell of a mental breakdown back in 2007-08. They're just rumors and there is a history of mental illness in her family, so I'm just speculating. But something in the milk wasn't clean with her or Amanda.
    BITTER and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

fgg

Bryan Singer's Accuser: Alleged Sexual Abuse 'Changed Me Completely'

Michael Egan says he grew up a "happy-go-lucky" kid in Nebraska. But by the time he left Hollywood in his late teens after moving there to work as a child actor and model, he was a different person.

"It changed me completely," he tells PEOPLE, adding that he "hated the world. [I] hated everything."

Egan, now 31, is at the center of a lawsuit filed Wednesday accusing X-Men director Bryan Singer of sexually abusing him as a teenager.

Speaking to PEOPLE after a press conference in Los Angeles on Thursday, Egan was soft-spoken but passionate about coming forward. He said that he had filed the lawsuit, in which he accuses the prominent director of forcing him into sex during parties in the late 1990s, after realizing "there's no justice for anything that ever happened to me."

Singer's attorney, Marty Singer, has vehemently denied the accusations. "The claims made today about Bryan Singer are completely fabricated," he said in a statement after the press conference. We look forward to our bringing a claim for malicious prosecution against Mr. Egan and his attorney after we prevail."

As detailed in his lawsuit, Egan says the alleged abuse included being drugged and lured into a sex ring with promises of auditions for acting, modeling and commercial jobs. He says he reported the molestation to the authorities when he was 17 but the accusations were not investigated. (Los Angeles Police Commander Andrew Smith said the department is looking into whether a report was made.)

Now living in Las Vegas and engaged to "an incredible fiancée, Egan says he turned to alcohol to cope with his pain until getting sober several years ago.

"I would have the feelings and flashbacks all the time, and the sadness and depression," he says. "What I did was I drank, and drank, and drank, and eventually I got to a spot two years ago where I had suicidal thoughts."

Then "I stopped the drinking and I thought, 'I need to pull myself back together here. I cannot allow these people to affect me anymore. I've got to get help for this.'" He credits AA for his sobriety.

The press junket for X-Men: Days of Future Past is scheduled for May 2-4. Fox has not announced whether Singer will still attend as previously planned.

Egan's attorney, Jeff Herman, denies that the timing of the lawsuit is related to the release of the film, which is due to hit theaters on May 23.

Rather, the lawsuit was filed in Hawaii – where Egan alleges some of the crimes took place – because the state has extended the statute of limitations on such charges, a window which Herman says expires on April 24.

Bryan Singer's Accuser: Alleged Sexual Abuse 'Changed Me Completely' - Scandals & Feuds : People.com

pic of him at the link.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Silver Member

Since someone mentioned the director of Jeepers Creepers (Victor Salva) above. I just wanted to add who was supporting and championing him after he served 15 months on a 3 year sentence for molesting a 12 year old: Francis Ford Coppola. Coppola also tried to claim Salva was simply a young adult barely out of childhood who had made a small mistake, in an attempt to lessen this crime. Salva was 29 at the time he abused the 12 year old victim.

Throughout Salva's tribulations, Coppola has remained his loyal patron. After Salva's release from prison, Coppola gave him $5,000, which he lived on for a year. When MGM was nervous about hiring Salva to direct "Jeepers Creepers," Coppola, then producing a slate of films at the studio, vouched for him.

"Someone had launched a campaign against Victor, saying, 'How can you give this guy a movie to make?' " recalls Coppola. "Some of the financing for the film fell through. One of the actors resigned when he learned about the case. So I helped Victor get the job. I was criticized for it, but my attitude is, he has a talent, and that talent in itself is good. We don't have to embrace the person in believing that their art is a contribution to society."

Coppola was on hand for some of the filming of "Clownhouse" -- since it was made, in part, at Coppola's home in Napa Valley. "I didn't know of anything improper going on, although I witnessed some things that caused me to raise an eyebrow," he says. "Only in retrospect did things really add up. You have to remember, while this was a tragedy, that the difference in age between Victor and the boy was very small -- Victor was practically a child himself." (Actually, Salva was 29 to the boy's 12.)
    Victor Salva's horror stories - Page 2 - Los Angeles Times

Salva is still working today and was even working for Disney with the movie Powder after he'd been convicted and served time. Salva has claimed that he made Powder to show what he was going through with being a convicted child molester. Being ostracized, taunted, oh the poor thing.

{It] contains many of my thoughts from my time in prison in its subtext. It was a terrible time for me, enduring the constant taunts. I often felt like Flanery's [Sean Patrick Flanery's] albino character. My power did not come from within myself, though; my close friend Francis [Francis Ford Coppola] gave me that power. He visited me weekly, we discussed my crimes. Francis helped me to accept my past . . . which is certainly powerful!
    Victor Salva - IMDb

Sadly I think Singer will be able to lay low, bully other victims into silence with threats of a lawsuits and in a few years he'll be back making movies. I am interested in seeing what other names tumble out of this lawsuit, besides the usual suspects.

mjw
    Elite Member

The 31-year-old man who is suing "X-Men" director Bryan Singer for allegedly sexually assaulting him in a swimming pool at a 1998 L.A. party claims he didn't remember the incident until recently ... yet he filed a lawsuit over the very same party in 2000 alleging sexual abuse against 3 other men and had a clear memory of what they did to him.

Michael Egan claims in his new lawsuit Singer forced oral sex at the party when he was 15. He's very graphic, claiming Singer held his head underwater and forced him to orally copulate the director.

But TMZ has obtained the lawsuit Egan filed in 2000 against 3 men, including Marc Collins-Rector, who owned the party house. Singer was NOT named in the suit and no reference is made to him. Egan ended up getting a default judgment of more than $2 million, but we're told Collins-Rector and the others left the country so Egan got virtually nothing.

So fast forward to Wednesday, when Egan sued Singer. At his news conference Thursday, Egan said he blocked the incident long ago and numbed himself with alcohol, but became sober recently and started therapy ... which unleashed a flood of bad memories involving Singer.

Sources connected to Singer tell TMZ ... they believe it's ridiculous Egan could remember the pool party in question in such vivid detail as to 3 other men but repress memories of Singer.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2zGr8b7BU

Bryan Singer believes he has proof that will blow his sexual accuser out of the water ... he was NOT in Hawaii during the period he allegedly committed a sexual assault.

Michael Egan claims in a new lawsuit Singer anally raped him and forced hard drugs on him during 2 separate trips to Hawaii in August and October, 1999.

Sources connected with Singer tell TMZ ... the "X-Men" director has proof he was NOT in Hawaii during that period ... he was in Toronto shooting the first "X-Men" movie.

We're told Singer will file credit card bills and various other documents proving he was in Toronto during the times in question.

We know the movie itself was shot Sept. 22 - March 3 in Toronto, but there was pre-production and we're told Singer was present.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2zGrDYsaD

Whether this whole thing is true or not, honestly, the entire history of [various forms of] sexual abuse within the tv and film industry has gone on far too long with too many turning a blind eye or being too forgiving ie; Coppola.
    Coppola, now that just shocks me. Would he be so forgiving if it was his Sophia at 12? Stupid fukker
    Lalasnake likes this.

So many people seem to automatically think he did it.

whatever happened to Innocent Until Proven Guilty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    I remember several rumors about Britney Spears getting pimped out by her parents back in the day and she had one hell of a mental breakdown back in 2007-08. They're just rumors and there is a history of mental illness in her family, so I'm just speculating. But something in the milk wasn't clean with her or Amanda.
    Where you been, boo? Welcome back.

I have heard some stories about Britney regarding this too. It wouldn't surprise me if it were true. It is appalling that a parent would be willing to do that to their child for fame and money, especially when it's a crapshoot. So can we assume that there are scores of people who tried to break into show business and failed, despite being pimped out by mommy or daddy? I'm not saying it's epidemic, but where there is smoke...
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

what ever happened to "when there smoke, there's fire".

Hollywood has a nasty history!!! period
    Beeyotch, BITTER and hustle4alivin like this.

Alleged Bryan Singer Associate Was Sued In 2000 For Sexual Abuse By X-Men Actor

Marc Collins-Rector — who allegedly hosted parties where he, Bryan Singer, and others sexually abused teenage boys — was sued in 2000 by three people for sexual abuse. One of them was Alexander Burton, who played Pyro in the first X-Men movie.posted on April 18, 2014 at 6:22pm EDT
    Hunter SchwarzBuzzFeed Staff

20th Century Fox

Alexander Burton, the actor who played Pyro in the first X-Men film, was a plaintiff in a 2000 sexual abuse lawsuit against Marc Collins-Rector, a registered sex offender and former executive of Digital Entertainment Network, or DEN, who allegedly threw parties at his Encino, Calif., mansion where Bryan Singer and other men who worked in the entertainment industry provided drugs and alcohol to teenage boys and sexually abused and threatened them. Singer has denied the allegations.
    Attorney Jacob Arash Shahbaz, who represented the plaintiffs, told BuzzFeed Friday that the 2000 case, which was filed in the Los Angeles Superior Court July of that year, was over alleged sexual abuse and was settled confidentially. But according to the case docket obtained by BuzzFeed, the three were awarded $2,000,030 in a judgment and $1 million in accrued interest in 2011. Shahbaz did not immediately respond to questions what those judgments were for, whether they were paid by the defendant, and whether they were separate from the settlement.
    One of the other plaintiffs in the 2000 suit was Michael Egan, who this week filed suit against Singer in a Hawaii federal court alleging Singer sexually abused him on multiple occasions. Egan was 17 years old at the time of the 2000 suit. The other defendant in the suit was Brock Pierce, a then-18-year-old DEN executive who also starred in the Mighty Ducks films and First Kid. Pierce did not immediately respond to request for comment over social media. Amy Alderfer, who was an attorney for Collins-Rector and Pierce said she could not comment on the case.
    Burton and a third plaintiff, Mark Ryan, were DEN employees, according to a 2000Los Angeles Times article. Wednesday’s suit noted Egan was also a DEN employee. According to the LA Times, Burton alleged Collins-Rector threatened him with death before sex, and Ryan alleged Collins-Rector drugged him without his knowledge and sexually abused him while he was unconscious.
    Burton acted in no other films or projects before or since X-Men, according to IMDb. His role in the film was a brief cameo. He allegedly got the role after “a hot tub session at a Hollywood party,” according to a 2005 New York Post story (not online).
    Wednesday’s suit alleges that Singer offered roles for movies, including X-Men films, while he was with parties where alleged sexual abuse of teenage boys occurred. The suit details an instance where Collins-Rector and a friend allegedly told Egan the adult men at the party “controlled Hollywood” and could make or destroy the boys’ careers depending on whether or not they kept the adult men happy.
    Singer’s publicist Simon Halls did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hunterschwar...-the-actor-who

dexknows likes this.

Bronze Member

I hope this is the first trickle of the flood gates- I agree that where there's smoke, there's fire and I hope it burns the house down.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information