Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: WTH News: Lou Diamond Phillips arrested for drunk driving

Lookin’ all disheveled and shit.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I remember crying when I watched that movie.

Beeyotch and Bluebonnet like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Definitely a Diamond in the rough...

Leave Henry Standing Bear A LONE!
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

It was so stupid to ask a cop. Too drunk to know better or perhaps subconsciously he wanted to stop himself? Or it could be that he thought he was under the limit and didn't mean to drive drunk. Idiot. Really hope things turn out well, I really like him.
    If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    I remember crying when I watched that movie.

Try watching the Director's Cut Version where they interview the real Ritchie's family.

Lou Diamond Phillips tells a story of when they were filming the scene where they do the coin toss to decided who gets to ride on the plane, as soon as the director yelled "cut"! Connie, Ritchie's little sister (who was only 7 when he got killed) runs up to Lou and grabs him and starts screaming, "WHY DID YOU GET ON THAT PLANE, RITCHIE! WHY?!!" The director got a little miffed and said to her "Connie. We talked about this. Now come on. Let Lou relax." And Lou stopped him and said "Leave her alone. She needs to do this. She can hug me and cry all she needs to." (What a sweetheart of a guy!) She later said how that movie provided major closure for the family. It was released in July 1987 and in October, Ritchie's mother passed away peacefully.

And the real Bob (the one played by Esai Morales) said "Oh, that movie made me look nice." LOL! He was one bad ass hombre.

The real Bob with Esai.

Connie and Esai Morales in 2009 at the Grammy Museum:

Mrs P, rollo and Waterslide like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

My siblings used to watch that movie over and over. They could probably still recite the whole thing from memory. Nearly wore out the VCR tape.

I was shocked when I first saw Esai Morales out of his Bob facial hair and styling--he was good-looking all cleaned up!
    Bluebonnet and Mrs P like this.

Damn. I hate it when actors I really like do stupid shit.
    gas_chick and Mrs P like this.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Default LOU DIAMOND PHILLIPS PLEADS GUILTY TO DWI ... Must Stay Sober for 2 Years

Lou Diamond Phillips took a plea deal stemming from his DWI arrest ... so now he's gotta stay off the sauce for a couple years.

The "La Bamba" actor pled guilty to driving under the influence back in November in Portland, Texas, and was sentenced to 2 years probation ... according to his lawyer.
    The conditions of the probation reportedly state the 56-year-old actor must stay sober, take a DWI education class, not enter bars or taverns, report in-person to a probation officer for the first 4 months, and use a portable device to make sure he's not drinking alcohol.

As we reported ... Phillips got arrested after he pulled up to a cop and asked for directions, and the officer realized he was hammered. He flunked a field sobriety test and eventually blew a .20 -- two and a half times the legal limit.

Lou Diamond Phillips Pleads Guilty to DWI, Must Stay Sober for 2 Years | TMZ.com
    Bluebonnet likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

He’s owning his shit. Good man.
    gas_chick and weathered1 like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Usually a Dui is a misdemeanor which would be 12 months probation. I may have missed if he was also charged with a felony because 24 months is felony probation here.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I've seen him on a number of reality shows (including cooking) and he has always come across as a genuinely nice guy.

DUIs are serious offenses, but a lot of people think it will never happen to them. A local firefighter who didn't drink had some champagne at his retirement party. On his way home he slammed into another car, killing the occupant.

Things that make you shake your head...

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    The plane crash in the beginning gave me nightmares. When i hear the song “Sleepwalk” I think of that scene. Nightmares.
    I remember him from “Stand and Deliver”. We watched it in school.
    If its any consolation the plane crash scene they used for this movie was the exact same one for the Patsy CLine movie with Tommy Lee Jones.
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.
    Jack I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by cheray View Post
    If its any consolation the plane crash scene they used for this movie was the exact same one for the Patsy CLine movie with Tommy Lee Jones.
    Interesting. What’s the movie called? I wonder why it was reused.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Usually a Dui is a misdemeanor which would be 12 months probation. I may have missed if he was also charged with a felony because 24 months is felony probation here.
    DUI is a misdemeanor here too, but certain misdemeanors here can be punishable by up to 5 years in jail/probation. Plenty of people here get 2.5-5 on DUI cases (if you’ve had more three).
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

If you have 3 or more here then they make it a felony allowing that much probation. I've never seen a misdemeanor get up to 5 years in jail or probation in the 21 years that I've worked here. Maybe if they have several counts and they make each count consecutive?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information