Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Wrestling Legend Ultimate Warrior dead at 54

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    And what did they do about it??? Nothing?
    not much they likely could've done at that point.

He had likely been dealing with heart disease for some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

And what did they do about it??? Nothing?
    don't know. Everyone seems to be focusing on his death. I'm sure that when things die down (sorry) they'll let people in on what was done.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

That's a terrible pun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth82 View Post
    not much they likely could've dolaythat point.

He had likely been dealing with heart disease for some time.
    If you're about to have or having a heart attack there is quite a lot that modern medicine can do if it's caused by a blockage. They pump you full of stuff that breaks down the blockage, then give you something to clean all the reminents out of your blood system.
    Or, they did when my BIL had a heart attack at the age of 42. And then they put stents in which keep the arteries open? Or something? But they prevent future blockages.

People have also taken aspirin (blood thinner), but if it's a massive one, early medical intervention is what is needed.
    I wouldn't want you to think that there was nothing you could do in case you can save a life later on.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

the way he walked into the ring on Monday night RAW was troublesome to me. My dad had that same walk before he had some roto-rooter type procedure. The doc told him
    he caught it just in time, he was a heart attack waiting to happen.
    Novice likes this.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Ultimate Warrior Cause of Death Revealed -- Autopsy Shows Fatal Heart Attack | TMZ.com

ULTIMATE WARRIOR

SUFFERED FATAL HEART ATTACK

... Autopsy Shows

The Ultimate Warrior died from a massive heart attack ... this according to the medical examiner who conducted the autopsy, TMZ has learned.

Officials tell TMZ ... the official cause of death for Warrrior -- real name James Hellwig -- was determined to be "Atherosclerotic/Arteriosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease" ... aka heart disease.

Officials classified Warrior's death as "natural" -- meaning neither drugs nor alcohol were directly involved.

As we previously reported, Warrior clutched his chest outside of an Arizona hotel on April 8 while walking with his wife. He was rushed to a nearby hospital, but never regained consciousness.

Warrior was 54 years old.

My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

such a shame
    Novice likes this.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

Wrestling is so hard on the body, the drugs they take the beatings they take it's so sad that such young people are passing.

When I joined my gym they were saying he moved back to town and worked out sometimes I never saw him but he was going to be at the local comic con along with Stan Lee, Stan cancelled and now this, I won't be going.

Bronze Member

Wrestling seems to be such a doomed sport at times (at least for the wrestlers anyway) since you always hear about all the bad things that happen with them and there seems to be a lot of it!

Though with the ultimate warrior, I can never get past the highly disturbing comic he did from the 90's, esp. the Xmas issue. Heard later that he was essentially fighting with teh artist at the time and never saw it till years later which explained a lot, but still.

That's a terrible pun!

If you're about to have or having a heart attack there is quite a lot that modern medicine can do if it's caused by a blockage. They pump you full of stuff that breaks down the blockage, then give you something to clean all the reminents out of your blood system.
    Or, they did when my BIL had a heart attack at the age of 42. And then they put stents in which keep the arteries open? Or something? But they prevent future blockages.

People have also taken aspirin (blood thinner), but if it's a massive one, early medical intervention is what is needed.
    I wouldn't want you to think that there was nothing you could do in case you can save a life later on.

My father actually had stents put in his heart about a month ago. 3 to be exact. There are 2 main arteries that go to your heart: One basically wraps around the front of the heart, one wraps around the back. 1 of his arteries was 90% blocked, 20% in the other.... For about a month leading up to the heart attack, he was having trouble breathing (fluid in his lungs), had no energy, and was getting more pale as the days went on. It was a nightmare getting him to the hospital. (He kept shrugging it off as the flu. Men. ) . Long story short, he had a heart attack, we got him to the hospital in time, and he's doing a lot better ... He is on about 7 medications just for his heart/blood pressure that he has to take daily. And one of those is a low-dose aspirin.

Another (the name escapes me at the moment, lasixs? lasiks?... sounds that that) acts like a diuretic, helps release the fluid in the body, so the heart doesn't have to work as hard to get rid of it/won't retain fluid in the lungs especially - which leads to heart failure... I don't know about the Ultimate Warriors' case, but if my dad doesn't take the lasix/lasiks (whatever it's called) on a daily basis, fluid starts to accumulate in his lungs pretty quickly after the missed dose(s)...

RIP Ultimate Warrior
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Silver Member

i just want to state that whatever it is these WWE guys do is not actual wrestling. i've never understood why they call it wrestling. actual wrestling is nothing like the WWE. i've done wrestling, submission wrestling and grappling for many years and it's not unhealthy or violent, it's a sport and an art and takes a lot of skill, agility, talent and hard work. it is life changing and such a an amazing sport that i literally recommend to anyone, male or female. i don't know what the hell these assholes pumped up on steroids are doing but it should never be allowed to be called wrestling. the only negative aspect of actual wrestling is the extreme measures athletes will go to in order to cut weight, but that happens throughout all sports, not just wrestling.
    HWBL and Sarzy like this.

thanks for the testimonial.

it takes skill to do what they do. You cannot just stick any joe schmoe in the ring and do that.

it's predetermined for a reason. prior to the 30's it was a legit tough man style contest and would last for hours.
    Last edited by Seth82; April 15th, 2014 at 12:10 PM.
    Fly_On_TheWall, Novice and msdeb like this.
    @NickoMoralesXXX

Whatever they are doing in the ring is a testament to their skill, talent and showmanship. It might not be true wrestling, but it is still an artform in its own right, and is entertaining. Shame they have to forfeit their health and possibly their sanity in the process.
    Jack I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohJulia View Post
    i just want to state that whatever it is these WWE guys do is not actual wrestling. i've never understood why they call it wrestling. actual wrestling is nothing like the WWE. i've done wrestling, submission wrestling and grappling for many years and it's not unhealthy or violent, it's a sport and an art and takes a lot of skill, agility, talent and hard work. it is life changing and such a an amazing sport that i literally recommend to anyone, male or female. i don't know what the hell these assholes pumped up on steroids are doing but it should never be allowed to be called wrestling. the only negative aspect of actual wrestling is the extreme measures athletes will go to in order to cut weight, but that happens throughout all sports, not just wrestling.
    Is that what they're calling it now?

Seth - one of my ex boyfriends used to do bare knuckle fighting which is still "unregulated" (& probably illegal). Very messy.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohJulia View Post
    its World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT. they DO actual wrestling. AND they do other stuff that is to entertain the audience. Wrestling has actual storylines that the public gets involved in. calling them assholes
    is not the word you should use for these people. WWE has a very strict NO STEROID rule. they get tested frequently. It was different back in the day when people like Warrior and ones that have passed away used steroids.
    the abusers have admitted it. I have been a BIG FAN of wrestling (yes it IS wrestling) since the 60's. Watch a Wrestlemania, or a Monday night RAW. these guys are athletes no matter what you think.

yes, i do know my wrestling. you should google people like Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) or CM Punk, Curt Hennig, Chris Jericho.
    Seth82 likes this.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

That's just the southpark episode that was on tonight. The teacher claimed that the boys weren't really "wrasling".
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information