Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Woody Allen gives his first TV interview for three DECADES to Paramount Plus for show

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    And I think Mia had good intentions but there was no way one mom could provide proper care for 14 children, most of them with special needs. During Mia's time with Woody, she made 14 movies with him. How much time could she have been spending with those kids, between movies, and a relationship with Woody. And I was shocked to know Mia kept adopting kids during the whole Woody fiasco. Four more to be exact! That's a child hoarding situation IMO.
    I'm pretty sure the older 6 children would have been around university age and would have moved out by the time Mia started adopting more children. One thing I really admire Mia for is making sure that they all received good educations, she sent them to good high schools and most went on to university.

For the record though, two of the children committed suicide (one by gunshot and the other by an overdose, which Mia claims she died of a heart condition (?). The other died of AIDS, supposedly contracted from dirty needles at a tattoo parlour.

Woody is a damaged person; definitely a narcissist. Something about Mia is off as well. They never should have gotten together. Ronan seems unfazed, maybe he is. What about the other children? Were there not allegations that Mia was very strict with them?

I hate to say this, but reading this thread makes me think about Sam and Aaron Taylor-Johnson. It's a similar situation. YMMV. Allegedly Sam Taylor-Wood and he hooked up when he was underage and it was kept under wraps. And Aaron dropped all of his friends when he married her and they spend ALL of their time together. We give entertainers passes on bizarre behavior that wouldn't be tolerated in the regular world.
    lindsaywhit and HWBL like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Agreed that Mia is a little off her rocker. I watch the documentary and noticed a couple of small things.

1) Mia states Andre Previn had an affair with her best friend and left Mia for the best friend. Mia did not run around like a "scorned woman" against Andres, as Woody alleges she was with him. I think if you are vengeful, you would be vengeful in both situations. Maybe not. It was just something I noticed.

2) Ronan said that Woody had reached out to him and told him he would pay for Ronan's college and take care of him for the rest of his life if he would come out saying the abuse allegations are false. Ronan declined. I'm thinking Moses didn't; that's why there was a turn around of him.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grandknight View Post
    I'm pretty sure the older 6 children would have been around university age and would have moved out by the time Mia started adopting more children. One thing I really admire Mia for is making sure that they all received good educations, she sent them to good high schools and most went on to university.

For the record though, two of the children committed suicide (one by gunshot and the other by an overdose, which Mia claims she died of a heart condition (?). The other died of AIDS, supposedly contracted from dirty needles at a tattoo parlour.
    Mia actually publicly addressed all 3 deaths recently- she confirmed Lark died of AIDS and it was contracted from a former partner. She also said Tam was only 17 and overdosed on migraine medications complicated by her heart issues and that Thaddeus killed himself after his fiancée left him. Moses has claimed Tam killed herself and that Lark died in "poverty and addicted". Moses has contradicted himself on his blog several times over the years, though.

All 3, I'm sure had their share of trauma; being older when adopted and 2 had disabilities- Thaddeus had polio and Lark was blind.

Moses has contradicted himself on his blog several times over the years, though.
    Still wandering the desert....
    mostroop and Lalasnake like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I think I said in the tv thread that this was a perfect storm. Woody had a predilection for young girls, and there were plenty to choose from at Mia's house. And I think Mia had good intentions but there was no way one mom could provide proper care for 14 children, most of them with special needs. During Mia's time with Woody, she made 14 movies with him. How much time could she have been spending with those kids, between movies, and a relationship with Woody. And I was shocked to know Mia kept adopting kids during the whole Woody fiasco. Four more to be exact! That's a child hoarding situation IMO.
    1. I have no love for either of them, Allen nor Farrow. Allen's movies, of which I've only seen parts, always seem to repeat themselves and his movie persona is simply irritating to me. Farrow's only movie I saw start to finish is Rosemary's Baby. I don't know (of) them as people, but the impression I get from them in the media that they are both, in their own way, misfits/odd ones. Looking for something, they might not even know what, often in all the wrong ways and places.
    2. It's hard enough to be a mother to 2 or 3 children, even when they're healthy, even when you're a stay-at-home mom. But 14, several of whom with special needs, several of whom most probably with traumas when you are employed in a business that is known for irregular hours, various locations and often lack of structure is waiting for an accident to happen.
    3. Regarding 2: I don't know if and if so how many nannies Farrow employed to help her with her task of caring for her (adopted) children.
    4. I totally agree it looks like child hoarding even if the intentions were good.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER;[URL="tel:3810728"
    3810728[/URL]]Woody is a damaged person; definitely a narcissist. Something about Mia is off as well. They never should have gotten together. Ronan seems unfazed, maybe he is. What about the other children? Were there not allegations that Mia was very strict with them?

I hate to say this, but reading this thread makes me think about Sam and Aaron Taylor-Johnson. It's a similar situation. YMMV. Allegedly Sam Taylor-Wood and he hooked up when he was underage and it was kept under wraps. And Aaron dropped all of his friends when he married her and they spend ALL of their time together. We give entertainers passes on bizarre behavior that wouldn't be tolerated in the regular world.
    I had no idea about Sam Taylor-Wood so I looked it up.
    Although creepy & inappropriate it looks like he wasn’t under age (16 in the UK). The film was released when he was 18-19.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Someone with her life, I don't even think she has to be told any of those things. The best (worst) under-the-radar abusers don't even have to resort to speaking those threats, they make sure they're understood with their actions/how they treat their victims. Soon-Yi always struck me as adoring, impressionable and dependent on him.

so much like a father daughter relationship. which although not blood, they were in those roles for years.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Back in the 90s Mr. Tulip and I saw Woody and Soon-Yi in NYC. He looked like a frail old man with his granddaughter even back then. I don't understand the whole situation. It is beyond creepy.

I have no doubt that Allen is a pedophile. The fact that Mia might be a little off her rocker doesn't negate what he's accused of. I believe his victims.

Reposted in 2016. This was an old post of mine from September 2012: (their story keeps on giving)

I was looking for a post I thought I wrote about when I was in an elevator with Soon Yi and Woody. Oh I was creeped out because he was so fatherly with her, cradled her face in a 3 person elevator and I was the 3rd person. They got into their town car and she got in the back seat with the baby car seat and one child in it.
    Novice and Lalasnake like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information