Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Woody Allen is a creep

It sort of sucks that all of this is out there for public consumption though. Those kids have no chance at all for privacy. I cannot imagine having (1) been abused and then (2) know the entire world has heard some of the sordid details. It's too bad changing their names didn't give them a clean slate with respect to privacy.
    sluce and Waterslide like this.

Quote Originally Posted by FashionVictim View Post
    I think Mia is nutty, but I also think that pedophile beat her down emotionally and made her feel like she couldnt win.

I didn't know about Sinatra offering her help and money. Interesting.

Is Satchel the kid who is a genius?
    Yes, the one now known as Ronan. He IS extremely smart, cool and funny. Not a Twitter fan but his is great. He's cute too. Someone upthread posted a pic and mentioned that he resembled Sinatra. (And Mia, obviously.) I could see it, though I do figure Allen is probably his real father. It's hard to say what Allen really looked like as a young man because he hid behind and exaggerated his homeliness so much.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FashionVictim View Post

Is Satchel the kid who is a genius?
    Mia Farrow's prodigy son wins a Rhodes Scholarship... but will estranged father Woody Allen congratulate him?

• Ronan Farrow started college at 11, graduated Yale Law School by 21 and was an advisor to Hillary Clinton
    By Meghan Keneally
    UPDATED:18:38 EST, 21 November 2011

Ronan Farrow, the biological son of Mia Farrow and Woody Allen, was awarded a Rhodes Scholarship, distinguishing him as one of the country's brightest thinkers.
    But given their estranged relationship, it is unlikely that Woody will be celebrating along with him.
    Ronan, 23, and Woody, 75, had a very public falling out when Woody began a romantic relationship with Mia's adopted daughter Soon-Yi Previn, 34 years his junior.

Young leader: Ronan Farrow has worked as a UNICEF spokesman and as a special appointment in the State Department

'He's my father married to my sister. That makes me his son and his brother-in-law. That is such a moral transgression,' Ronan has said.
    'I cannot see him. I cannot have a relationship with my father and be morally consistent... I lived with all these adopted children, so they are my family. To say Soon-Yi was not my sister is an insult to all adopted children,' Ronan said of the relationship.
    Ronan has not seen much of Woody since his romantic relationship with Soon-Yi began in 1992 when Ronan was only five years old.

Earlier bonds: Woody Allen and Mia Farrow walk as Mia carries their son Satchel, who later changed his name to Ronan

Together: Woody and Mia were a couple for 12 years before it ended in 1992 when Farrow found naked pictures of her adopted daughter in Woody's home

Following the discovery of naked photos of Soon-Yi in Woody's possession, Mia split from Woody and launched a messy custody battle over their three children.
    Prodigy: Ronan graduated from Bard College at 15 and Yale Law School at 21

During the proceedings, which were closely followed, Mia claimed that Woody had sexually abused Ronan's sister Dylan, though the judge dismissed the claims because they were not substantiated.
    Mia was awarded full custody, and Woody was only allowed to have supervised visits with Ronan, originally named Satchel Ronan O'Sullivan Farrow.
    Woody was denied visits with Dylan, who later changed her name to Malone, and the couple's other adopted child Moshe, who changed his name to Moses, chose not to see Woody at all.

In a PBS documentary titled American Masters, Woody is profiled in detail about his work and Soon-Yi is seen in clips. He never mentions Ronan in the entire three-and-a-half hour series, the second portion of which airs tonight.

In a 2005 interview, Woody confirmed that he no longer has relationships with his three children from his relationship with Mia.

'Well, I feel terrible about it. I spent millions of dollars and fought in court for years to do it, but could not swing it,' he told Vanity Fair.

The strained relationship with his father doesn't seem to have held Ronan back, and he has been deemed a child prodigy.

Controversial: Woody and Soon-Yi have been married since 1997 and have two adopted children together

He enrolled in Bard College at the age of 11, graduating at 15, and moving on to the prestigious Yale Law School and graduating by the age of 21- a year younger than most students finish their undergraduate degree.
    Since leaving school, Ronan has worked as a special advisor to the State Department, specifically focusing on the youth issues in Afghanistan and Pakistan. He has lent his face and name to charitable causes for years, serving as a UNICEF spokesperson from 2001 to 2009.

After working under Hillary Clinton in the State Department, Ronan is now moves into the ranks of her husband, former president Bill Clinton, with Monday's Rhodes scholarship nomination.
    This year, 32 Americans have been nominated for the scholarship that will pay for the expenses of a year of study at Oxford University.

Family outing: Ronan seen here with his mother and half-brother Fletcher Farrow Previn, was raised by his mother after she won full custody in 1992

THE MANY WOMEN AND CHILDREN OF WOODY ALLEN

For a man known for his many neuroses, Woody Allen hasn't let that stop him from enjoying his love life.

The famous New Yorker has been married three times, in addition to a number of multi-year relationships with actresses Diane Keaton and Mia Farrow.

Ronan is his only biological son, but he has four adopted children- two that he adopted with Mia and two with his current wife Soon-Yi.

He first married at age 19 to a 16-year-old girl named Harlene Rosen, and that marriage lasted for five years.

Undeterred, Woody married actress Louise Lasser, and though they divorced three years later, she continued to work with him and was featured in three films after they ended their romantic relationship.

The recent release of Diane Keaton's autobiography gives a glimpse into their partnership, and while it only lasted a year, their professional one lasted much longer with Ms Keaton serving as his muse for such films as Annie Hall.

'He was even better-looking in real life. He had a great body, and he was physically very graceful,' Keaton writes in her book.

Keaton was not his first relationship that played out on the big screen, as Woody was rumored to have dated a 17-year-old student Stacey Nelkin in the 1970s and she was said to be the inspiration for his 1979 film Manhattan.

Woody's relationship with Mia Farrow, which began in 1980, was quite the Hollywood pairing, ending in explosive Hollywood fashion. Mia had previously been married to Frank Sinatra and was nominated for a Golden Globe for her work in Rosemary's Baby, so she was famous in her own right when she and Woody started their relationship.

The couple never married but were together for 12 years. Mia had three biological children and three adopted children from a previous relationship, one of which was Soon-Yi Previn who Mia adopted from Korea at the age of 8 years old.

When she and Woody were together, the couple adopted two more children and she gave birth to their son Ronan.

In 1982, Mia found naked photos of Soon-Yi, who was 21 at the time, on Woody's mantelpiece.

This discovery prompted a torrid legal battle between Mia and Woody over the custody of their children. Woody was denied access to their daughter Dylan, allowed only supervised visits with Ronan, and their eldest son Moses was given the choice- and decided not to see his father.

In a 2005 interview, Woody confirmed that he no longer has relationships with his three children with from his relationship with Mia.

'Well, I feel terrible about it. I spent millions of dollars and fought in court for years to do it, but could not swing it,' he told Vanity Fair.

In spite of the drama, Soon-Yi and Woody stayed together, eventually marrying in 1997. The couple have since adopted two children named Bechet and Manzie Tio, their names paying homage to two jazz musicians.

'The heart wants what it wants. There's no logic to those things,' Woody has said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz269SP5jdZ
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...holarship.html

Sorry this print is HUGE! Does anyone know how to change it? TIA
    Last edited by MmeVertigina; September 11th, 2012 at 05:28 AM. Reason: trying to edit font

In that top photo he's hot. And a very smart guy. Anyone have his number?
    PrincessMoFo and Karistiona like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Wow he does look like Sinatra, but even more like Mia who has the same broad face and blue eyes as Frankie. He doesn't look anything like Woody though. I could totally believe that Frankie's the father.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

'The heart wants what it wants. There's no logic to those things,' Woody has said.
    No, you irresponsible, immoral moron - that's up to your brain. Used yours lately?
    sluce and MmeVertigina like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Wow he does look like Sinatra, but even more like Mia who has the same broad face and blue eyes as Frankie. He doesn't look anything like Woody though. I could totally believe that Frankie's the father.
    If Frank were the dad (not likely), then it would certainly fit in with the other autobiographical storylines of Hannah and her Sisters.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Soon-Yi is getting up there and they've been married 15 years now. One could say perhaps it was true love. I say he's probably looking to dump her for a younger model soon. Dude doesn't make movies about old guys hooking up with much younger women for nothing.

I can understand Ronan's bitterness toward Woody: Because of Woody, Ronan's family tree looks more like a flowchart. THAT had to be an embarrassing school assignment to present in class.
    MsChiff likes this.

He does look like Sinatra. I give him and Mia a ton of credit: unlike many celebrity children who ride on their name for all of their lives and make no real contribution to society, this kid is educated and making a difference.
    louiswinthorpe111 and thordis like this.

Silver Member

That Vanity Fair article was sickening, Woody was quite the monster and used his position, power, wealth to scare and keep Mia in line. The kids are better off without the presence of woody in their lives and despite Mia's issues she's done a marvellous job of raising the children who have gone on to excel academically. I'm with you ladies, Ronan is a handsome young man indeed and what he has achieved just makes him more attractive.

xx
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

This quote is from the article posted about Ronan:

In a 2005 interview, Woody confirmed that he no longer has relationships with his three children from his relationship with Mia.

He sounds more put out that he had to spend his precious time and money and lost custody anyway than the fact that he has no relationship with his children. Although, Mia and her kids are better off without this pervert.

I feel so sorry for his kids with Soon-Yi. And I still have some sympathy for her because I don't think she has the resources to every leave this douchebag even if she wanted to. Like Mia was, she is totally dependent on Woody for everything. She has no career and no life experiences outside of his narrow circle. If Mia was easily manipulated and bullied by him, I can imagine he uses the same tactics with Soon-Yi.

I think that Vanity Fair article should be emailed to every actor who considers working with this perv.

As long as you email the Yale report as a counterpoint.

poor poor mia. she was perfectly willing to overlook dylan being molested, until she found out about soon yi. then it bothered her.
    Air Quotes, sputnik, sluce and 1 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Thanks Diane Keaton, I just lost my lunch.

'He was even better-looking in real life. He had a great body, and he was physically very graceful,' Keaton writes in her book.
    MmeVertigina and d2791 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by robbie View Post
    Soon-Yi is getting up there and they've been married 15 years now. One could say perhaps it was true love. I say he's probably looking to dump her for a younger model soon. Dude doesn't make movies about old guys hooking up with much younger women for nothing.

Yes, but Humbert Humbert also feels desire and love for the old broke-down Lolita, but that doesn't justify the way that the relationship started.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information