Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Woody Allen is a creep

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    You're not the only one who thought something along these lines. But I think Mia had a screw loose for letting him anywhere near those kids even after one or two of those things I read. I guess she didn't have a choice, in a way. Not without going to court. If he can't be trusted to be left alone with any one of them, had to go to fucking therapy to learn how to keep from being inappropriate with one (or more?) of them, that says a lot.
    Mia strikes me as someone who lives in a dreamy, soft cottony, world. I think Woody became another one of her "lost children" after a while. She wanted him to integrate into the tribe, just like her other kids had, through her powers of love. Giving up on her core belief, that all it takes is love and acceptance, was probably hard.

Yeah, she's nuts in her own way but no where near the level of sociopath like Woody.

I can't believe that she stayed with him for some months after finding the photos of Soon Yi. Forgive me for not being an enlightened, cleansed by therapy and civilized society, New Yorker but DAMN! Reports of her slapping him? A hot iron up side the head would have been a more appropriate response...and an immediate press release that the relationship was dramatically over.

Mia certainly didn't save Soon Yi by letting the relationship linger.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post

My favorite theory (all my own) is that Woody moved out of NYC under duress. Reading that article again, the fucker fought dirty, used anything he could to keep access to Dylan and legitimize his relationship with Soon-Yi. And he up and just leaves his city suddenly never to return? The inspirational city for his movies and his life? I think not!

My (fictional) reason for this is that Frank Sinatra (who paid Mia's legal fees during the debacle) put a hit on Woody or otherwise called in favors to make Woody's life a living hell if he stayed in NYC and insisted on seeing his kids with Mia.

I hope Frank scared the living daylights out of him. How how how was it possible for him to adopt ( a mini Soon-y and a mini Mia after all of this??)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    And he's rich and powerful, so he's getting away with it. Hopelessly fucked up. That pic Waterslide quoted eats my soul, too. He's so smug.

Huge sorry to everyone who felt like losing their lunch over that article, though. I know it was rough reading. Kind of like a rap sheet in prose...
    That is exactly it.

It's really hard for me to understand how that article has been out since 1992 and actors still clamor for the chance to work with him. I've watched and enjoyed my fair share of Woody Allen movies, but how you can work with a man like this? Hollywood had no problem turning its back on Mel Gibson, rightly so, but at least he wasn't molesting children. I mean, to stay somewhat on topic, Hollywood has turned its back on Tom Cruise, too, and all he is, is just a crazy, height-challenged megalomaniac. I've never heard about him personally harming children physically.

Many times that obsession is mistaken for fatherly love. Mia didn't have many examples in her life to build an image of good fatherly involvement. Woody's interest seemed healthy to her, for a long time.

Also, he was not only her mate but also her only source of income and good work. He allowed for her family's needs during shooting. He made a cozy environment for Mia to work in but for her kids to remain central. That tends to make women overlook things in general.
    That is really the crux of Woody's entire abusive control over Mia. That's why it is so important for women (or anyone) not to depend on their partner for the financial security. According to the article, he told her she was a mediocre actress and the only person who could direct her was him. I agreed with what you said about how she's got her own issues, but he really preyed upon all of her weaknesses.

My favorite theory (all my own) is that Woody moved out of NYC under duress. Reading that article again, the fucker fought dirty, used anything he could to keep access to Dylan and legitimize his relationship with Soon-Yi. And he up and just leaves his city suddenly never to return? The inspirational city for his movies and his life? I think not!

My (fictional) reason for this is that Frank Sinatra (who paid Mia's legal fees during the debacle) put a hit on Woody or otherwise called in favors to make Woody's life a living hell if he stayed in NYC and insisted on seeing his kids with Mia.

Just my story.
    I love this theory.

Mia strikes me as someone who lives in a dreamy, soft cottony, world. I think Woody became another one of her "lost children" after a while. She wanted him to integrate into the tribe, just like her other kids had, through her powers of love. Giving up on her core belief, that all it takes is love and acceptance, was probably hard.

Yeah, she's nuts in her own way but no where near the level of sociopath like Woody.

I can't believe that she stayed with him for some months after finding the photos of Soon Yi. Forgive me for not being an enlightened, cleansed by therapy and civilized society, New Yorker but DAMN! Reports of her slapping him? A hot iron up side the head would have been a more appropriate response...and an immediate press release that the relationship was dramatically over.

Mia certainly didn't save Soon Yi by letting the relationship linger.
    I think it's unfathomable too, that she stayed as long as she did. All I can say is that maybe it's one of those situations you don't understand until you're in it? Maybe Mia really was terrified of what would happen. I'm not trying to make excuses for her, because I'll never be that "enlightened" either, but it's the only way I can make any sense out of her staying.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I cannot wait until this thread moves to a new page, that woody pic is disturbing me everytime I click here.

I met him a few years ago and he was nothing but professional, but I was not a child...so ya know...blerrghh.

Woody Allen never moved from NY. He moved Soon Yi right into his apartment on 5th and 74th (although she was still at uni in NJ and lived in the dorm too), when she graduated she got her own place, and then when they married and the first kid was born he bought a townhouse on 92 st, then his present home on 70 st. Not only did he not move from NY, he never even moved from the UES. His kids go to Brearley. He just didn't film movies here for a while.

Which totally makes sense, 'cause us enlightened, cleansed by therapy and civilized society, New Yorkers are all good with child molesting.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; September 8th, 2012 at 08:34 PM.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I didn't think Woody Allen ever left NY, but I thought maybe I was confused.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

And I thought both these girls were adopted.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Woody Allen never moved from NY. He moved Soon Yi right into his apartment on 5th and 74th (although she was still at uni in NJ and lived in the dorm too), when she graduated she got her own place, and then when they married and the first kid was born he bought a townhouse on 92 st, then his present home on 70 st. Not only did he not move from NY, he never even moved from the UES. His kids go to Brearley. He just didn't film movies here for a while.

Which totally makes sense, 'cause us enlightened, cleansed by therapy and civilized society, New Yorkers are all good with child molesting.
    Thank you, Jesus. I go to the sandwich cafe on his corner all the time. Great tuna wraps. No mayo, a little onion maybe...

Elite Member

In the sense that New Yorkers don't seek individual justice upon offenders, for the most part, I suspect it's a good thing. The measure of restraint that allows authorities, rather than persons, to sort things out is often perplexing (as with Mia.) I'm not sure my natural instinct, under the same conditions, would be so even handed and trusting of the system. That's all I meant.

Yep, they were. Both girls were adopted around 2000 which was 4 years after the marriage, 6 years after Soon Yi's graduation, and 8 years after the Woody/Soon Yi relationship supposedly started.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

they are. but i hear that adopted kids are born too. however, i have heard whispers about a stork.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I know you're being sarcastic, but, as if! They'd be the first in line to condemn that sort of thing. Nah, in all seriousness, most people probably don't have a clue about Woody. Money and power trump everything and the fact that his talent is remarkable and genuine is a huge bonus. You think, how could such a humane, profound, sensitive genius be a monster? He has near-godlike status in this country anyway; it'd be like trying to pin child molestation on Elvis. Granted his rep is tarnished, but that's as far as it'll ever go.

I once sat down and took a survey from memory of all the women I've known well in the course of my life. I tallied up all those who had told me at one time or another that they'd been molested as children. Came up to about 75% and I sat there in shock. I don't think I just have a habit of making friends with people who were abused as kids. Some wore their damage on their sleeve, others I never would've guessed. Unfortunate conclusion is that maybe all this is way more common that society STILL wishes to confront.

As with Polanski, I'd never debate Allen's brilliance, though many of his movies have not been to my taste. One could say it's tragic that such an extraordinary artist is also so horribly fucked up. Ironically, Woody has never made a secret of that.

As for Mia, many otherwise nice women fail to protect their children. It's not all ignorance or burying their heads in the sand type stuff. Molesters can be incredibly cunning, clever, deceitful and manipulative. And again, unlike Mulder, we never WANT to believe.

I know, it's scary when this shit starts making Tiny Tom look good.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Default Woody Allen is a creep

Moving conversation from another thread...

Post by Kittylady that didn't transfer:

"And Waterslide I'm with you about the WA picture. Urgh! Perhaps I'm reading more into it than I should but he looks happy and the girls look like they want to crawl out of their own skins"
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Yes, he is. Discuss.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Yes, he is. Discuss.
    Too bad he is such a creepy fuck because he is talented(movie and acting wise) beyond belief. I hate it when that happens. evil fuck + incredible talent =

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Moving conversation from another thread...

Post by Kittylady that didn't transfer:

"And Waterslide I'm with you about the WA picture. Urgh! Perhaps I'm reading more into it than I should but he looks happy and the girls look like they want to crawl out of their own skins"
    Kitty, I don't know think I responded, but you summed up that picture perfectly. It gives me the creeps and it still would if I walked past that scene and had no idea who he was.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information