Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 'Who's the Boss?' star Danny Pintauro reveals he's HIV-positive

My step brother, who's the same age as me, has HIV. He admitted he has HIV A few years ago only after he nearly died from complications but won't admit he's gay. It's crazy but it's true. The sad thing is he continues to have dangerous hook-ups with men and was nearly beaten to a coma a few months ago. We watched our uncle die from AIDS in 1988 but I honestly think he thinks he's invincible. I really believe these amazing drugs that are on the market now give gay men a false sense of security.

Back to Danny P^^ Lastlook I feel the same way about his Cujo performance. Love that movie as a kid and totally believed his acting. In fact, my step brother I just mentioned above also loved Cujo like me and part of the movie was shot where we grew up and we used to visit the house on the old dusty road where they filmed the scenes of Danny and Dee Wallace trapped in the old Pinto while rabid Cujo stood guard. I was just back home for a visit and saw my step-brother and we brought up all the old Stephen King movies we watched as kids. I don't care how many peeps made fun of Cujo but I still think it holds up along with Salem's Lot.

Does Danny act anymore? It seems he didn't get to graduate from childhood actor to adult actor. I've always wondered how/why some do while others just fade away. Probably caused from the meth, just like the case of Jodi Sweetin from Full House.
    LastLook and BITTER like this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Elite Member

^ Sending good vibes your step bro's way.
    Sunnygirl likes this.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

His first thought was, no one is going to want me and i'm never going to have a good relationship? My first thought would have been, "I don't want to die!! What do i need to do to stay healthy?" I'm never having unprotected sex again!! I may never even have sex again. ......and, I'm never sticking myself with needles again! I guess i am paranoid!!

The diagnosis came in 2003 after a regular checkup. "You know, as a responsible gay man, you're getting an HIV test done every six months."
    The news came with a "weird combination of feelings," Pintauro told Winfrey.

How about just being a responsible person, and do things to prevent it.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

One of my best girlfriends nearly died of AIDS 3 years ago. Since she is in no risk group, noone checked her for HIV, although in retrospect her increasingly ill health showed so many signals in that direction. She lost a ton of weight but since she has always been a big girl, everyone, including her doctors applauded her for the weight loss. She was so desperate for years of feeling worse and worse. She ended up in hospital where still noone checked her because the doctors believed that had been done earlier. She has pneumonia, fungi had spread through her whole body and her lungs weren't working anymore. She was literally dying in intensive care when someone finally ASKED her about her HIV status and they made the test. Her T-Cells were 3 - which may have been a reson to check her for the virus before, but.... The virus count was just horribly high, treatment started on her already beat up body and then she just couldn't breathe. She told me that she feared that she would die for 2 days, then she hoped she would die for another 3 days before medication started to help. After a very slow recovery, she is now back to HIV positive, T-Cells over 400 and feels healthy again. She knows that was a really close call, takes good care of herself, acts responsible at all times. She called the 4 men she had sex with in her life, they got tested, all negative. Noone knows where she got that infection, only one doctor told her that he has 4 other patients who got a tattoo around the same time she got hers in the same studio. Spreading through a tattoo machine is basically imposiible, maybe some freak infected people on purpose, she'll never know.

Elite Member

^ That is so scary.
    Lofty Bike, Lalasnake and Mrs P like this.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Lofty, that is frightening. But that's how Eazy-E died. No one thought he had it and by the time they tested him for it, it was too late.
    Lofty Bike likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

fgg

lofty - that story gave me the chills! i'm so glad your friend is doing better.
    Lofty Bike and Lalasnake like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by Seth82 View Post
    the article doesn't mention the fact that he was a crystal queen at one point.

he probably had unsafe sex when he was using crystal meth.
    Danny Pintauro
    Grindr Users Want to Score Meth
    ... As Much as Sex

Former "Who's the Boss?" star Danny Pintauro says Grindr is about more than casual sex ... it's filled with MSCME -- men seeking crystal meth encounters.

Of course, Pintauro just revealed he has HIV, so we asked what he thought about Grindr's legal threat against an AIDS org that warned hookups on the app could lead to STDs -- and he went off about meth.

Pintauro thinks the drug is a huge part of the reason people hook up on Grindr, and told us all about his own experience. Danny battled crystal meth addiction.

We've reached out to Grindr, but no word back yet.

Also interesting ... Danny's controversial comment that he was "relieved" to find out he'd contracted HIV. We asked him if he wanted to rephrase. He simply doubled down.

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

What does 'double down' mean exactly?

Can't begin to tell you how many sailors I knew who contracted the disease - some of them straight. Supposedly there were a few hookers in San Diego and L.A. who were positive and infecting horny sailors.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    Danny Pintauro
    Grindr Users Want to Score Meth
    ... As Much as Sex

Former "Who's the Boss?" star Danny Pintauro says Grindr is about more than casual sex ... it's filled with MSCME -- men seeking crystal meth encounters.

Of course, Pintauro just revealed he has HIV, so we asked what he thought about Grindr's legal threat against an AIDS org that warned hookups on the app could lead to STDs -- and he went off about meth.

Pintauro thinks the drug is a huge part of the reason people hook up on Grindr, and told us all about his own experience. Danny battled crystal meth addiction.

We've reached out to Grindr, but no word back yet.

Also interesting ... Danny's controversial comment that he was "relieved" to find out he'd contracted HIV. We asked him if he wanted to rephrase. He simply doubled down.

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com
    there are lots of guys out there looking to party and play.

not a shocker to me at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Prayers to your friend Lofty. What a complete nightmare for your dear friend. Bless her in her recovery. I have 3 tattoos and that scares the shit outta me.
    Lofty Bike likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

My brother-in-law was a model back in the 80's and early 90's. Hetero. Picked up HIV. Don't know if it was due to sleeping around or drug use. Anyways, he's very healthy now. Is always running marathons and was recently married. What pisses me off is that 32 year old that bought the rights to a HIV drug and raised the price from $13.50 to $750.00 per pill. That's bullshit and disgusting.

I'm not a fan of big government, but I think pharma needs to be regulated. I think there are a lot of cures out there that have not been approved because there is too much money in prescribing pills rather than curing the issue. I think the scientists that work for these companies need to take the same oath Doctors do.

With-holding life saving drugs from the suffering is so f-ing disgusting and anyone who purposely does this and raises the prices to make a profit deserve to rot in hell in my book. F that punk who raised the price on that HIV drug. Eventhough I read it's a specialized drug for one certain HIV related illness (which I think Was the same illness that nearly killed my step-brother in 2012) I DON'T CARE.
    Mrs P and Lalasnake like this.
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information