Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Whitney Houston’s best friend Robyn Crawford confirms a physical relationship

Her daddy was a local politician in the worst way. So sad that she came from these awful parents.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Her daddy was a local politician in the worst way. So sad that she came from these awful parents.
    Was he a huge politician or more like a crony with the powers that be? He was in Newark, so I have to ask, LOL. It seems like John had been stealing money from Whitney for a long time and the music business is rife with that type of avarice.
    BITTER likes this.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

Recently saw that documentary Whitney on TV. Damned, what a sad, sad, story. And really, it was her brothers who introduced her to drugs. Weed first, coke soon after. One of her (half) brothers even bragged that Bobby Brown was kidstuff compared to him. That whole family was ff-ed up. And I'm sorry, I always got a very bad vibe from Cissy. Both Whitney's parents' self-interest is what drove them. Him in (local) politics and shady deals, her in her showbizz/singing career (which she later projected on Whitney). Both parents were out and off on the road so Whitney and her brothers were shopped around and staying with relatives most of the time. It was also so very sad when one of the ladies on the documentary talked about Whitney's daughter, Bobbi Kristina, saying the child never had a chance in the world. Totally ff-ed up environment, long before Whitney became a star. Also, one man said that interviews always had to be as short as possible because Clive Davis and management had presented Whitney as kind of a princess, while the longer she talked, the more she'd sound ghetto. Always a good thing, to make people live double lives....... Not.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    Was he a huge politician or more like a crony with the powers that be? He was in Newark, so I have to ask, LOL. It seems like John had been stealing money from Whitney for a long time and the music business is rife with that type of avarice.
    Local, small potatoes. But a bit of a grifter and glad-hander. Shady. He used some of Whitney's coin to finance his mistress and their out of wedlock child.

And HWBL, for what it's worth, I hold Clive Davis culpable too. He played a part in keeping Whitney from being her true self. He was as greedy as the parents were. And after Whitney's death, he comes out as bisexual? But telling Whitney to hide her sexuality?

Local, small potatoes. But a bit of a grifter and glad-hander. Shady. He used some of Whitney's coin to finance his mistress and their out of wedlock child.

And HWBL, for what it's worth, I hold Clive Davis culpable too. He played a part in keeping Whitney from being her true self. He was as greedy as the parents were. And after Whitney's death, he comes out as bisexual? But telling Whitney to hide her sexuality?
    Plus he sued her for 100 million claiming she owed him.

John Russell Houston sued his daughter for breach of contract in 2002. “You get your act together, honey,” he once said from his hospital bed, “and you pay me the money that you owe me.
    Yeah, because he'd been such a good parent.
    BITTER and crayzeehappee like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

The Houstons were greedy assholes of the highest order. Stage parents of the worst kind, pimping their kid out to the highest bidder and worse, having the call to be hypocritical about her life choices while doing it.

They make Bobby seem like a choirboy by comparison.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Bobby is no saint, but he seems to be an affable guy. How heartbroken is he, having nothing left from his union with Whitney. He has other children but Bobbi Kristina went so soon after her momma.

No sympathy for Cissy or her sons - NONE.

^ Yeah, but none of his other children are the meal ticket Bobbi Kristina could've been.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Bobby is no saint, but he seems to be an affable guy. How heartbroken is he, having nothing left from his union with Whitney. He has other children but Bobbi Kristina went so soon after her momma.

No sympathy for Cissy or her sons - NONE.
    Yup. There's not much admirable about Bobby but one thing I can say for him (with regard to Whitney and the drug stuff) is that he has owned up to his shit. Compare that to the Houston's who still walk around like they were saints who were shocked by all of this. As though they didn't themselves lead her down this path of destruction.

That brand of bullshit hypocrisy bothers me the most, especially when couched in religion.
    mostroop, Beeyotch, Angeli and 8 others like this.

^^^^No argument from me. Cissy is an ogre and a bully.
    Jadestone, HWBL, Beeyotch and 2 others like this.

^^^^No argument from me. Cissy is an ogre and a bully.
    ^ THIS. As the son of a former pastor, I despise hypocritical, judgmental ass, narrow-minded ass church folk, and Cissy epitomizes a lot of that.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

Right, Hustle. All of that, exactly.

I despise hypocrites. Religious people like her are typically doing the absolute shadiest, most vile things behind the scenes yet are judging others. Others who, by comparison, aren't half as bad.

The Houstons illustrate this behavior so aptly.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    ^ THIS. As the son of a former pastor, I despise hypocritical, judgmental ass, narrow-minded ass church folk, and Cissy epitomizes a lot of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrat1229 View Post
    Right, Hustle. All of that, exactly.

I despise hypocrites. Religious people like her are typically doing the absolute shadiest, most vile things behind the scenes yet are judging others. Others who, by comparison, aren't half as bad.

The Houstons illustrate this behavior so aptly.
    Jesus reserved his condemnation for one group only: religious hypocrites. How in hell (meant literally) do these hateful, judgmental 'Christians' not see themselves Christ's straightforward denunciations of the Pharisees: (copied from Wikipedia's Woes of the Pharisees page.)

1. They taught about God, but did not love God – they did not enter the kingdom of heaven themselves, nor did they let others enter.
    2. They preached God, but converted people to dead religion.
    3. They taught that an oath sworn by the temple or altar was not binding, but that if sworn by the gold ornamentation of the temple, or by a sacrificial gift on the altar, it was binding. The gold and gifts, however, were not sacred in themselves as the temple and altar were, but derived a measure of lesser sacredness by being connected to the temple or altar. The teachers and Pharisees worshiped at the temple and offered sacrifices at the altar because they knew that the temple and altar were sacred. How then could they deny oath-binding value to what was truly sacred and accord it to objects of trivial and derived sacredness?
    4. They taught the law, but did not practice some of the most important parts of the law – justice, mercy, faithfulness to God. They obeyed the minutiae of the law such as tithing spices, but not the weightier matters of the law.
    5. They presented an appearance of being 'clean' (self-restrained, not involved in carnal matters), but they were dirty inside: they seethed with hidden worldly desires, carnality. They were full of greed and self-indulgence.
    6. They exhibited themselves as righteous on account of being scrupulous keepers of the law but were, in fact, not righteous: their mask of righteousness hid a secret inner world of ungodly thoughts and feelings. They were full of wickedness. They were like whitewashed tombs, beautiful on the outside, but full of dead men's bones.
    7. They professed a high regard for the dead prophets of old and claimed that they would never have persecuted and murdered prophets when, in fact, they were cut from the same cloth as the persecutors and murderers: they too had murderous blood in their veins.

There really is nothing new under the sun.
    Jadestone likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information