Page 71 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1120
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: Whitney Houston dead!!!! Happy birthday, Whitetigress!

It was an interesting interview. I'm looking forward to part II tomorrow.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Well, that didn't take long. The cash cow is dead afterall.

The Houston's have a new reality show coming out that will feature Bobbi Kris, and Whitney's family. Cissy approves.

I can see why they would do this. Being Bobby Brown proved to be so successful.

Wow, that was quick. The book(s) aren't even out yet.

And here they come:

Whitney Houston's mother Cissy accused of 'cashing in on daughter's death' after signing book deal

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 16:20, 10 June 2012 | UPDATED: 16:23, 10 June 2012

Whitney Houston's mother Cissy has been accused of 'cashing in' on her daughter's death by writing a new memoir.
    Last week it was revealed she had signed a deal with HarperCollins to tell the 'unabridged and unbelievable story' of her Grammy Award-winning daughter, who died in a Beverly Hills hotel bathtub in February at age 48.
    But the move has caused upset among some family members - according to TMZ.

Enlarge 'Unbelievable': Cissy Houston agreed to write a memoir about her late daughter, Whitney, pictured here together in 2010

The website does not name which family members are said to be upset about the memoir.
    But it claims the deal is a 'lame attempt' to make cash after Whitney left her estate to her daughter Bobbi Kristina.
    An insider told TMZ: 'She will try to come out looking like the world's greatest mom, when in actuality, she wasn't.'
    The still untitled book is scheduled to come out next February.

A loving tribute: Singer Chaka Khan performed during a tribute to Houston in New York on June 4

In a statement released last week by the book publisher, Cissy said: 'When I lost my daughter Nippy (Whitney Houston’s nickname), the world lost one of the most beautiful voices and an extraordinarily beautiful and charitable woman.

'In sharing our story in this book, I hope to give her fans something to treasure, the way we all treasured Whitney. We are still receiving thousands of letters each day from her fans, and I hope reading this book will provide a deeper understanding into my daughter’s true story.'
    The publisher wouldn't divulge how much they're paying Cissy but said 'a portion' of the proceeds will be donated to the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, N.J., where Whitney Houston, whose many hits included The Greatest Love of All and I Will Always Love You, sang as a child.

Her funeral was also held there.

Cissy has had meetings with several publishers and the word in media circles is the book deal could be worth seven figures.

A close family: Cissy often travelled with Whitney when she toured- although the book deal has caused disquiet among some family members, it has been claimed

According to HarperCollins, Cissy will write with 'candor, honesty and respect' about her daughter’s remarkable career. She'll also address Whitney's drug problems and her troubled marriage to fellow singer Bobby Brown.
    Cissy Houston also will tell of her own grief.
    'She will tell the unabridged and unbelievable story of her daughter’s life as well as her own, addressing Whitney’s brightest and darkest moments while helping fans around the world understand the complexities of this extraordinary star who died much too soon,' the publisher announced.

'Ultimately, Cissy will go behind the headlines to show the true, human side of this strong, successful yet complicated musical icon, capturing the dramatic depths and soaring range of an extraordinary woman, along with the pain and heartbreak of a grieving mother as she struggles with impossible loss.'

Cissy Houston recently released a new album of gospel tunes called Walk on By Faith, her first new music in more than a decade.

This will be her second book. She wrote the memoir, How Sweet the Sound, in 1998.

Read more:

Read more: Whitney Houston's mother Cissy accused of 'cashing in on daughter's death' after signing book deal | Mail Online

I have to admit, I will read every book that comes out on Whitney.

Cissy will have to spill the goods to get the cash.

Funny that Whitney left nothing to her beloved mother. I'll bet there was mega competition between the two of them, but being good Christians and all...

Most people don't leave anything to their parents, logic dictates the parents will die first.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

I have a feeling Whitney wouldn't mind her mother cashing in.
    Seapharris7 and darksithbunny like this.

eh, Whitney probably reeked her fair amount on havoc on her family & those who really cared about her with her addictions. You cant convince me that any mother wouldn't suffer at least some watching their own flesh & blood slowly waste away & kill themselves.

This type of move seems "normal" in the celebrity world of today. I wouldn't be surprised if Cissy's PR people or a publisher approached HER about doing this.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Gross, coroner's report:

Whitney Houston's Death: 9 Surprising Details in Coroner's Report

The final details of pop icon Whitney Houston's Feb. 11 death provide a clearer picture of the scene where the star was found face down in a water-filled bathtub with drug paraphernalia near by, and confirms the coroner's initial report that she died of accidental drowning.

The Los Angeles County coroner's 42-page report also reveals some unknown and often surprising details about the singer at the time of her death, along with what was found in her hotel room at the Beverly Hilton, and gives glimpses of the addictions that plagued one of the greatest singer's of her time.

The Spoon

A "small spoon with a white crystal like substance in it and a rolled-up piece of white paper" were found in the bathroom where Houston died, according to the coroner's report. Such items are used to snort cocaine.

"Some people use a spoon for cocaine administration," a law enforcement official involved in Houston's case said. "These days it's likely around for meth, which was not found at the scene, according to the investigator, so likely used as inhalation tool."

Drug Use

Previous reports said traces of cocaine and prescription medications were in her system. Both the initial and final reports stated that blood tests indicate that she smoked marijuana within two weeks before her death. Marijuana is legal in California if used for medicinal purposes.

Forensic toxicologist Bruce Goldberger said the details about her blood from the toxicology report indicate that she was "acutely intoxicated from cocaine" at the time of her death and was a "repeated cocaine user."

A "plethora of prescription medication bottles" were found in the room, according to the final report. The final report lists a total of 12 different medications, including anti-anxiety medication Xanax, and muscle relaxer Flexeril, prescribed from five different doctors.

Goldberger described the level of prescription drugs in her system as "mild" and said Xanax did not contribute to her death.

An open bottle of champagne also sat on the mini-bar and an open can of beer was on a table. There was also a bottle of beer on a nightstand and several loose tablets.

Houston's family has expressed surprise that she was using drugs again. In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, sister-in-law Pat Houston attributed Whitney's downfall to a lifestyle change where she saw Whitney "chasing a dream ... looking for comfort, love ... and it was younger."

She said that Whitney was chasing someone "that would ultimately hurt her."

While admitting she was concerned about the singer's behavior at a party two nights before her death, Pat Houston told Winfrey that she didn't think the star was abusing drugs in her final days.

But after the initial toxicology report was released, Houston wrote in a statement to The Associated Press: "We are saddened to learn of the toxicology results, although we are glad to now have closure."

The Missing Items

The coroner reported that when found in her room at the Beverly Hilton, Houston's purse contained her wallet, but the "decedent's California driver's license had been removed from the wallet, which was inside the purse, prior to my arrival."

"Also prior to my arrival, the majority of the decedent's prescription medication bottles had been removed from a brown bag that was on top of the table in the southeast corner of the living room, and then placed on top of that same table," the report reads.

It has been determined that no foul play was involved in the singer's death.

Breast Implants

It is unclear how many plastic surgeries Houston underwent throughout her life, but it now seems clear that she did at some point undergo breast-augmentation surgery. The coroner's report described and "small scars" on her breasts "associated with breast implants."

Defibrillator

According to the coroner's report, "there was a defibrillator patch on the upper right side of her chest and there was another defibrillator patch on the upper right side of her torso."

This does not likely indicate therapeutic treatment for Houston's heart, but shows that part of the life-saving efforts administered by paramedics was likely the use of a defibrillator to establish normal sinus rhythm to Houston's heart.

The Wig

Another piece of new information from Wednesday's report is that Houston wore a brown wig, which was tightly affixed to her head at the time of her death.

Dentures

Houston also wore dentures, the coroner's report indicated. This is relatively common among long-term drug abusers. Habitual use of drugs such as crack cocaine, which contains acidic chemicals, will lead to the wearing down of the tooth's pulpy tissue over time. Tooth decay can also be the result of vomiting and tooth grinding, which is common among drug and alcohol abusers.

Multiple Cigarette Butts

The coroner said that mild emphysema was detected in Houston. Houston's voice was the gift she left for her fans, but sadly for her she was losing her beautiful voice at the time of her death. From the final report, it now seems clear that not only did she struggle with illegal drugs and alcohol, but she was unable to stop smoking.

Water Temperature-Minor Abrasions on Face

Houston was discovered by her assistant the afternoon of Feb. 11 face down in a water-filled bathtub with a "bloody purge coming from her nose" and, according to the report, "there were two superficial abrasions to the left side of her forehead, and there was a superficial abrasion to the left side of the bridge of her nose."

Forensic pathologist Cyril Wecht said he does not fully concur with the final anatomical diagnoses on Houston, noting that the water in her tub at the Beverly Hilton was extremely hot at 93.5 degrees. He believes this indicates that Houston was not sitting in her tub, and somehow accidentally drowned.

"I think that she fell into this very hot water, that accounts for a little bruise that was seen in the left forehead area, some other pressure markings on the face, including the slight laceration of the lip, and the fact that she is lying face down," Wecht told ABC News. "I think that this lady fell into the water, she was unconscious, dead or dying when she fell into the tub.

"I do not believe that the death was due to drowning," he added, "although I cannot rule out that she could've been in the agonal moments and with her head submerged in water that certainly could have contributed to her death."

Whitney Houston's Death: 9 Surprising Details in Coroner's Report - ABC News
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

So the cocaine was killing her and she fell in the tub. What a way to go.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Takin a bath in your own bloody purge
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Where's the pics?
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Whitney Houston's lover Ray J 'overcome' as he returns to the hotel where she died

By Daily Mail Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 03:26, 2 August 2012 | UPDATED: 09:56, 2 August 2012

Whitney Houston's lover Ray J has returned to the hotel where she died for the first time.

The R & B singer was 'overcome with emotion' as he visited the Beverly Hilton for a media appearance to promote his new show today.

The 31-year-old was one of the first to arrive at the hotel when Whitney was found dead in her bathtub back in February.

Bad memories: Ray J, left, and Rickey Smiley promote The Rickey Smiley Show at the Beverly Hilton today; Ray J's girlfriend Whitney Houston died at the hotel

The scene: Whitney tragically lost her life in February, when she was staying at the Beverly Hilton Hotel

According to TMZ he had avoided returning to the hotel for months because it was 'too hard' for him.

But he overcame his worries today in order to promote his new TV project The Ricky Smiley Show during the 2012 Summer Television Critics Association tour.

Ray J was joined by his co-star Rickey Smiley and executive producer Roger Bobb for the discussion panel.

Lost love: Ray J with Whitney Houston; the two had been dating for 'several years'

Ray J and Whitney are said to have dated for the last several years leading up until the time of her death.

Born William Ray Norwood, the singer songwriter is most famous for launching Kim Kardashian's career.

He did so via - of course - co-starring in a sex tape with the now super famous reality star.

The two dated in 2003, and in 2007, a racy video the two made was leaked.
    Ray J is also a first cousin of the singer Snoop Dogg, and a brother of singer Brandy

Read more: Whitney Houston's lover Ray J returns to the hotel where she died | Mail Online

My kingdom for a brick - aimed at Ray J's head.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

A*O

She died from an overdose of Inevitibol.
    OrangeSlice, BITTER and sputnik like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Thread Information