Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: What's up with Britney Spears's belly?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ damn that sucks.

Hit By Ban Bus!

With side effects like that I would refuse to take it. Thats not healthy. What a shame.

I so want to know if she is the subject of that HIV blind item....he said he will reveal soon-ish

As for being preggers...I think she can't bear her sister getting more attention than her? So maybe she ate a ton of Oreos( Like I just did and stuck it out and grabbed it...voila)

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    I so want to know if she is the subject of that HIV blind item....he said he will reveal soon-ish
    Seen Amy Winehouse lately? She's gotta be the leading candidate.

Besides, can you imagine the ruckus that would be raised if such a high profile site like EL's claimed Britney had HIV? I think if it was her he wouldn't reveal.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    ^ damn that sucks.
    I dislike the drug. For a start it's hit-and-miss as to whether it's effective on a particular patient, as most psychiatric drugs are. Also it's very easy to overdose on it as the line between the therapeutic qualities and toxicity is very thin. If you're on it you also have to have regular blood tests to check toxicity, and kidney and thryoid tests, because it can fuck those up. The side effects can be horrendous, and if you accidently oversode on it it can be very dangerous indeed.
    You just smile and roll your eyes to the back of your head.

She's probably pregnant with Mel Gibson's baby

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    oh ick!
    Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often.

I guess she's eating like a pig.
    Three reasons to be teacher: June, July, August.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Now that would be funny!

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
    It really is Lithium. It's salt, so it makes patients swell up like a balloon especially in the stomach area. They can look heavily pregnant.
    ^^I thought of that immediately too, as i'm also familiar (not thru personal use) with the side effects of Lithium. I've noticed Britney's been steadily gaining weight ever since her father took control & got her on mood-stabilizing drugs. (-Which apparently have helped her greatly. Afterall, ANYTHING is better than being SO CRAZY that she held her kids hostage, got into a confrontation with police, was hauled off literally strapped down to a gurney in the back of an ambulance & then held in the Mental Ward against her will!! -Not to even get into: LOSING CUSTODY OF HER KIDS & the completely CRAZY, OUT-OF-CONTROL, BONKERS, SUBSTANCE-ABUSING, OUT-OF-TOUCH-WITH-REALITY way she was living her life just before that final horrible episode!!) I personally think the Lithium weight-gain is a relatively small trade-off for gaining some sanity in her life. But back to what i started off saying, which is: Yes, like you said Charlotte, Lithium DOES indeed make you gain weight in the fashion that Britney has. It's an unfortunate but VERY common side-effect. Of course, the weight gain COULD BE due to pregnancy (God, i hope not!), but, the first thing that came to my mind upon seeing "Chunky Britney" was, "Oh Britney is experiencing what pretty much almost all patients on Lithium or Depakote (another common Bipolar Disorder med) go through: significant weight gain." I HOPE that's the reason!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
    It's been known to stack 200 pounds on a person in a very short period of time.
    ^^Yes i've known of people putting on 200 pounds (and even more!) quite quickly, due to their Bipolar Disorder meds like Lithium. I remember one client (i work in a law firm) who ballooned from a 170-pound high-school track star, to weighing 350 pounds, in an astonishingly-fast time period after being put on Lithium. THAT level of weight gain is very unfortunate. Whatever helps though.--I'm of the opinion that there's little else in life as painful, as severe mental illness.
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

I hope for the love of all that is holy that she is not preggers again.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post

As for being preggers...I think she can't bear her sister getting more attention than her? So maybe she ate a ton of Oreos( Like I just did and stuck it out and grabbed it...voila)
    I'm curious.. which blind item? I scanned them and couldn't find it so if you remember off the top of your nog.. I'd appreciate it ) thnks!
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Maybe someone else can find the link for you...basically it was a singer who had an abortion, and when she did she had to disclose that she was HIV positive. She didn't know who the father of the baby was, either.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoldDust77 View Post
    ^^I thought of that immediately too, as i'm also familiar (not thru personal use) with the side effects of Lithium. I've noticed Britney's been steadily gaining weight ever since her father took control & got her on mood-stabilizing drugs. (-Which apparently have helped her greatly. Afterall, ANYTHING is better than being SO CRAZY that she held her kids hostage, got into a confrontation with police, was hauled off literally strapped down to a gurney in the back of an ambulance & then held in the Mental Ward against her will!! -Not to even get into: LOSING CUSTODY OF HER KIDS & the completely CRAZY, OUT-OF-CONTROL, BONKERS, SUBSTANCE-ABUSING, OUT-OF-TOUCH-WITH-REALITY way she was living her life just before that final horrible episode!!) I personally think the Lithium weight-gain is a relatively small trade-off for gaining some sanity in her life. But back to what i started off saying, which is:

Whatever helps though.--I'm of the opinion that there's little else in life as painful, as severe mental illness.
    Agreed - it seems to be helping her. I don't know if she's been on mood stabilisers before (i doubt it however, because she was on Ritalin i believe, and that isn't given to bipolar patients), but usually doctors (in the UK, depending upon the county anyway) use Lithium as a last resort, because it is so risky and has the potential to be incredibly dangerous. It can be very effective, but the side effects can still be very nasty.

That said, her behaviour was EXTREMELY erratic, so it seems to have been in her best interests.
    You just smile and roll your eyes to the back of your head.

Looks prego...glad to see that she is still sucking down the CANCER sticks...I'm sure the baby appreciates that.
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information