Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 58

Thread: Wedding bells for Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal

  1. #31
    Elite Member cheray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Savannah, GA, USA
    Posts
    2,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Maybe Jakey isn't gay.
    He is a widower. Have you all forgotten so quickly? (I have trouble separating reality and the film world...)
    Jack I swear.

  2. #32
    La vie en rose DitaPage*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    37,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post

  3. #33
    Bronze Member AALICIAA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Oh PLEASE!!!

  4. #34
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,098

    Default

    To be honest, when and how did the Jake gay rumors start? When he was with ugly ass I need my teeth fixed, Kristen Dunst there wasnt ONE gay rumor about him. Then all of a sudden people had some "made up proof" of his gayness.

    Same thing with Tom Cruise. There wasnt really many rumors about him, until this Katie situation. He has been a Scientologost since Top Gun or whatever but there wasnt anybody really believing he was Homosexual.

    Like with Will Smith I've been hearing for over 10 years he likes Guys, but there is no tangiable proof in Hollywood and its ignored/or not believed truly. But whose to say it wont be in 2 years? I just dont know where they start and how are people soooo sure.

    The ones I called there were sightings or things they did before fame, and they hurried with hush money. So that is MY proof but thats only with two dudes. Vince Vaughn and Kanye West. As far as we do know Tom, Jake, Will or whoever could truly like coochie.

  5. #35
    Hit By Ban Bus! Lily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere.
    Posts
    9,439

    Default

    ^There have always been rumors. There were rumors about Cruise FOREVER, way before Katie.

    I do agree that it's out of control---that's why Blind Items are so boring and stupid. "Guess who's gay!"

    Yes, actors put on appearances and have an image--but please, I highly, highly doubt Reese Witherspoon--who comes from a good family, went to Stanford, is an accomplished actor and by most accounts rather normal--would really do this. What does she care? She is independent and can make her own choices, and I don't believe for a second, she would put Ava and Deacon in the middle of a beard situation.

    True, ALL of them might be gay. But I don't buy it. While I think there are a lot of people in the closet, I think this need to brand everyone "gay" is out of control. I don't care if anyone is gay or not. And I have a problem with the gay community in Hollywood having their necks under the system's boots--it's unfair. But it's also unfair and rather ridiculous to make it sound as if there is not ONE STRAIGHT PERSON in Hollywood, and that every single relationship is fake.

    It's possible I am completely wrong, but my gaydar is pretty good and Jake doesn't set it off. Again, I saw him every damn day. I spent entire days working with big famous people, living in NYC, working in the West Village. I'd spot him at random times, and on a regular basis. I've dealt with a number of celebs, and had them as neighbors. Jake came across as normal and as nice as Steve Buscemi and John Turturro did. He's just a guy.

    If he's gay, fine. But I really don't think he is. At all. But I don't believe Reese has any reason to put on a fake relationship--if it were just publicity for the movie, it would be over by now, anyway.

  6. #36
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    28,315

    Default

    Maybe it's for personal reasons. Some people marry for other reasons besides romantic love and sex.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  7. #37
    Hit By Ban Bus! Lily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere.
    Posts
    9,439

    Default

    ^Yes, and those are valid partnerships, too. But who's to say who's just together for some business agreement? Who are we to say? Just because two people have an easy, comfortable chemistry and not some fawning puke-inducing "hot" chemistry doesn't make their pairing "fake."

    In fact, they seem more genuine than these other couples who don't shut up about their relationships, and have to put on a show for everyone on the red carpet or wherever. They're just doing their thing. Until someone can actually prove that these are just two "pals" who have made an "agreement" and are essentially putting two innocent children in the middle of a situation that is an illusion, then I'll admit I'm wrong. But maybe they really love each other. Oh, but that's not one of our options, is it?

  8. #38
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,885

    Default

    Same thing with Tom Cruise. There wasnt really many rumors about him, until this Katie situation. He has been a Scientologost since Top Gun or whatever but there wasnt anybody really believing he was Homosexual.
    The TinyTom is gay rumours have been around for as long as I can remember, even before he married Nicole Kidman.

    Haven't a clue if Jake whatever is gay but find it interesting that it's said she's very traditional or whatever. Maybe I'm wrong but wasn't she knocked up last time she got married?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

  9. #39
    Elite Member viggofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,751

    Default

    yea!!!! someone knew to focus on and talk about. thank you reese and jake. I don't care whether this is true or not just as long as they stay the focus of attention for awhile.



    I will believe this story when they say it. too many "other sources close to the couple" always in these tab stories.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

  10. #40
    Hit By Ban Bus! Lily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere.
    Posts
    9,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    The TinyTom is gay rumours have been around for as long as I can remember, even before he married Nicole Kidman.

    Haven't a clue if Jake whatever is gay but find it interesting that it's said she's very traditional or whatever. Maybe I'm wrong but wasn't she knocked up last time she got married?
    Getting knocked up before marriage doesn't make someone NOT traditional. She got married, didn't she? If she weren't traditional, she would have lived with him or not had the baby or something like that. I got married for the same reasons, and I'm traditional. I don't see how that makes any difference.

    I think she's not a freak like the rest of them, and by most accounts, doesn't have skeletons in her closet.

  11. #41
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    28,315

    Default

    We're not required to assume that they're in love just because they're alledgedly engaged and getting married.

    These are two celebs. Maybe the fact that shitloads of people question this relationship is reason enough for them to take it to the next step or let rumors fly that it's headed there. It certainly keeps them in the public eye when people are talking about them. If there's two factions...fans who buy they really represent the image they are "selling", and others who think what celebs present to the public differs from who they really are, so much the better for them. What does marriage really mean in Hollywood anyway? Certainly not forever.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  12. #42
    Hit By Ban Bus! Lily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere.
    Posts
    9,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    We're not required to assume that they're in love just because they're alledgedly engaged and getting married.

    These are two celebs. Maybe the fact that shitloads of people question this relationship is reason enough for them to take it to the next step or let rumors fly that it's headed there. It certainly keeps them in the public eye when people are talking about them. If there's two factions...fans who buy they really represent the image they are "selling", and others who think what celebs present to the public differs from who they really are, so much the better for them. What does marriage really mean in Hollywood anyway? Certainly not forever.
    So? We're not to assume they're NOT. They're not putting on an act. Other celebs put on an act. They have no reason to put on an act. And they don't seem to be interested in being in the public eye---they're both pretty private people. WE put them in the public eye. WE talk about them. Both of them are smart enough and well-respected enough in the business that they don't need to pull stunts like this. Some of them do (we know who they are), but these two....Please. Like Reese, at the pinnacle of her career, where she is her own boss, would suddenly feel the need to have a fake relationship? It doesn't make sense. Neither one of them is desperate or having trouble getting work. They're in this business, so they know there are rumors (so and so's a bitch, so and so did this) and they're both smart enough to know that comes with the territory. Suddenly, now that they have nice careers, they're making up a relationship? When neither one of them were getting bad press or....I mean. *scratches head*

    They're not out there giving interviews and showing up all cuddly and lovey and being nitwits about it. They're just living their lives. And yet.....this is for "show"? What show?

    Pfft.

  13. #43
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    28,315

    Default

    I don't know if it's an act or not. But I wouldn't exactly be shocked.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  14. #44
    Elite Member aabbcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Watching the sun set over Lake Superior.
    Posts
    18,701

    Default

    My two cents, for what it's worth ...

    I think they're just friends and like hanging out together. Of course, that isn't interesting enough for the media. They have to have some big romance going on because everyone knows a man and a woman can't just be friends. There has to be something more.

  15. #45
    Elite Member CherryDarling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Little Detroit
    Posts
    14,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    My two cents, for what it's worth ...

    I think they're just friends and like hanging out together. Of course, that isn't interesting enough for the media. They have to have some big romance going on because everyone knows a man and a woman can't just be friends. There has to be something more.
    I agree.

    Jake will forever be Toothy in my mind.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 4th, 2008, 01:35 PM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: December 4th, 2007, 11:00 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: September 14th, 2007, 02:40 PM
  4. Why Reese Witherspoon fell for Jake Gyllenhaal
    By MaryJane in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: April 16th, 2007, 06:51 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: March 8th, 2007, 09:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •