Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 58

Thread: Wedding bells for Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal

  1. #16
    Silver Member Giselle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Out there.
    Posts
    586

    Default

    but of course they will.

  2. #17
    Hit By Ban Bus! Lily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere.
    Posts
    9,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Maybe Jakey isn't gay.
    It's possible. I don't really buy into the whole Jake is gay thing. I used to see him and his sister in the West Village. That proves nothing, but seriously, he reminds me of my drummer, who is very not gay. Whenever I'd see him around, at Bonsignore, or here or there, he was really just a guy. Maybe he's gay, I don't know, but I don't get the gay vibe from him. I'm the only one on this board.

    Though I've made a couple of jokes, just for the sake of funny.

  3. #18
    Elite Member MissVenus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    2,553

    Default

    OK, I'm going out on a limb here with you Lily cause I don't buy the Jake is gay thing either.

    If they're happy then I hope it works out for them.
    vaya con dios

  4. #19
    Hit By Ban Bus! Lily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere.
    Posts
    9,439

    Default

    ^I don't think it makes any sense. I mean, first of all Reese is an extremely successful actress--one of the tippy top. She doesn't need beard money.

    (Jake isn't such a leading man that it would hurt him to come out of the closet, and ...this is all conjecture, of course....but I believe Maggie would probably urge Jake to come out of the closet if he were gay. But that's neither here nor there.)

    But the thing is, it doesn't make sense for Reese to have a fake relationship. She loves her children, and she wouldn't do that to them. It doesn't follow.

    Nah, I don't think he's gay.

  5. #20
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Back of Beyond
    Posts
    11,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    ^I don't think it makes any sense. I mean, first of all Reese is an extremely successful actress--one of the tippy top. She doesn't need beard money.

    (Jake isn't such a leading man that it would hurt him to come out of the closet, and ...this is all conjecture, of course....but I believe Maggie would probably urge Jake to come out of the closet if he were gay. But that's neither here nor there.)

    But the thing is, it doesn't make sense for Reese to have a fake relationship. She loves her children, and she wouldn't do that to them. It doesn't follow.

    Nah, I don't think he's gay.
    You've made a couple of really good points there, Lily. I'm going to have to rethink my Toothy Tile certainty.

  6. #21
    Elite Member Beeyotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    28,537

    Default

    At first I thought it didn't make sense either. But now I think she would do this for publicity, precisely because nobody would think she would ever do it. Plus I think they are good friends who genuinely enjoy each other's company and are just helping each other out.

    He needs to quash the gay rumors and after her divorce, she needs positive publicity that comes from being romantically linked to a cute, likeable actor. She needs to keep up that America's Sweetheart image. Also, remember they have the same publicist.

  7. #22
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Edge of the Annex
    Posts
    5,383

    Default

    If this really happens, "I will show me bum in the supermarket" (from Len, DWTS).

  8. #23
    Elite Member Laurent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Out There
    Posts
    39,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Maybe he's gay, I don't know, but I don't get the gay vibe from him. I'm the only one on this board.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissVenus View Post
    OK, I'm going out on a limb here with you Lily cause I don't buy the Jake is gay thing either.
    Make that three, because honestly, I don't think he's gay either. At one time I thought he was a likely candidate for being Toothy Tile, but not so much anymore.

    I like Reese. She seems about as close to a regular, normal person as a celebrity is going to get.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

  9. #24
    Elite Member tkdgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissVenus View Post
    OK, I'm going out on a limb here with you Lily cause I don't buy the Jake is gay thing either.

    If they're happy then I hope it works out for them.
    Throw me onto that ship too. I think Jakey poo is str8.

    A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

  10. #25
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,757

    Default

    Maybe this means really they will break up soon, not get married.

  11. #26
    Hit By Ban Bus! Lily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere.
    Posts
    9,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    At first I thought it didn't make sense either. But now I think she would do this for publicity, precisely because nobody would think she would ever do it. Plus I think they are good friends who genuinely enjoy each other's company and are just helping each other out.

    He needs to quash the gay rumors and after her divorce, she needs positive publicity that comes from being romantically linked to a cute, likeable actor. She needs to keep up that America's Sweetheart image. Also, remember they have the same publicist.
    But Reese--from what I gather--doesn't need to do anything for publicity. She's not a famewhore. She's an actress. I don't think Jake gives a crap about the gay rumors, and she didn't need positive publicity from her divorce--Ryan Phillippe was the one who came out looking like shit.

    Nope, I just don't buy it. Jake ain't gay.

  12. #27
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    28,335

    Default

    If he's not gay it's a pity. I think a marriage between these two would stand a much better chance of lasting forever if he were!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  13. #28
    Silver Member SpookyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    OMG! I just cracked up.
    In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on.
    Robert Frost

  14. #29
    Elite Member tkdgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baked_tater View Post
    Maybe this means really they will break up soon, not get married.
    Yeah, marriage rumors seem to be the deathblow for couples lately.

    A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

  15. #30
    Elite Member sparkly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches
    Posts
    14,422

    Default

    I think 99% of the time, celebs are almost nothing like their portrayed in the media. So because of this, I don't know if Reese would put up a charade if Jake is Toothy, but it's definitely not because she's so sweet and innocent.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 4th, 2008, 01:35 PM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: December 4th, 2007, 11:00 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: September 14th, 2007, 02:40 PM
  4. Why Reese Witherspoon fell for Jake Gyllenhaal
    By MaryJane in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: April 16th, 2007, 06:51 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: March 8th, 2007, 09:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •