Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Warren Beatty's daughter Kathlyn plans sex change to become Stephen

Yes, when I read the thing about asking for Facebook donations, it definitely left me with the impression that the Beatty's weren't being supportive of Stephen's decision. Maybe that's being presumptuous, but it's a logical conclusion, no? Why else go so public with it?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    hahah! I'm not hugging her she's crazy! Seriously, she's been really cool when another MIL might have been asking when we were going to have kids, etc. She was a late mom herself (38 with her first in the mid-60s) and I think that she had hopes, but never projected onto us. I recently talked to her about us adopting & she was chuffed to bits because her son is happy (and well cared for & appreciated, etc). She won't remember the conversation, however, as she's loosing her marbles. She's a cool old bird though, I don't think that I could have got better! I know I keep saying it but she's happy because her son is happy. Isn't that how it should be?
    Aw, give her a hug from us anyway!

My mother was in her thirties when she had me, and I'm an only child. Back in the 50s, that was rare.

"chuffed to bits" "cool old bird" Don't tell me that you are a Brit?! I use the expression "By Crikey" all the time, but I'm not an Aussie.

OMG, Bill's late step-mother (his step-sister's mother) was quite a handful. I met her once, and that was enough, trust me. Even Bill told me, "I haven't seen her for over thirty years and I could easily go another thirty years without seeing her."

We only agreed to reconnect with the late step-mother to appease Bill's step-sister, who is about the most gentle, sweet, kind and understanding woman you'd ever want to meet. I can't understand how her mother produced such a nice woman.

Bill and I used to call the step-MIL "Ol' Mama Bin Laden". She was a vicious, violent person.

She eventually lost her marbles, too, due to Alzheimer's, one of nature's cruellest diseases. I could tell you some stores about Ol' Mama Bin Laden, I tell you! She treated her daughter (Bill's step-sister) like garbage, and was jealous of her.

How could a mother be jealous of her own daughter? I find it rather sickening, to be honest. I just thought of Madge, though, one of my favourites, and her daughter. Maybe it's not that uncommon.

As a bio-mom, I cannot tell you how pleased I am that you and your hubby are considering adoption. I have never stopped wondering what became of the children I placed for adoption, but knowing that there are caring couples like you and your husband around just about made my day/night! I wish you all the very best in that regard, I really do!

You know, it could be that Stephen is "begging" for money on Facebook etc because that's his personality. Maybe he's an attention whore? Maybe his parents have asked him to wait until he's older to make this decision? Maybe they they figure if he's going to make such an adult decision, he should also be financially responsible for carrying in out? Shrugs. Who knows. It doesn't automatically mean his parents are rigid and hateful people.

If he was an attention whore and his parents were supportive, don't you think he'd be making Facebook petition pages or giving interviews with magazines to ~raise awareness~ or some shit? The money thing is a huge red flag, and I didn't really think HWBL's upset was necessary. But whatever, I'm staying out of that.

I'll just say that I think this is a particularly tough issue because it's like... okay, it's one thing to realize your child won't live the live you thought they would. Maybe they wanted to be a doctor as a child and grow up to be an organic farmer or something. Maybe they realize they're gay in college. But to go from having a daughter to not only finding out she's going to be your SON, but in essence LOSING the daughter you had, is a big deal. (I know this isn't really what happens, but I'd bet it's what lots of parents think about initially.) They have to take time to get over that thought process and realize it's still their baby, just with a different set of... pronouns.
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

We listened to this really amazing NPR podcast in my abnormal psych class last semester.. I immediately thought of it when I saw this thread and I had to share. Two very different approaches in dealing with childhood gender identities from a parents perspective.

Two Families Grapple with Sons' Gender Preferences : NPR

Maybe he's begging for money because his parents want him to wait a few years and he wants it done NOW! Even Grim thinks he should wait. We don't know what is going on in that house. Of course they are devastated. Parents who shrug and say "O.K." are the crazy ones. This is a major major live-changing step. It needs to be taken very seriously and thought out.
    HWBL likes this.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

Maybe, but I'm gonna ride the cynic train until it makes its last stop!!
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    You know, it could be that Stephen is "begging" for money on Facebook etc because that's his personality. Maybe he's an attention whore? Maybe his parents have asked him to wait until he's older to make this decision? Maybe they they figure if he's going to make such an adult decision, he should also be financially responsible for carrying in out? Shrugs. Who knows. It doesn't automatically mean his parents are rigid and hateful people.
    Quote Originally Posted by nana51 View Post
    Maybe he's begging for money because his parents want him to wait a few years and he wants it done NOW! Even Grim thinks he should wait. We don't know what is going on in that house. Of course they are devastated. Parents who shrug and say "O.K." are the crazy ones. This is a major major live-changing step. It needs to be taken very seriously and thought out.
    ^^&^This.
    I visited the facebook page last summer and on it Kathlyn/Stephen had
    written a short, defensive, post against people who insinuated she/he
    were considering a gender change. It more or less said people should
    stick to their own business and should not talk about things they
    obviously didn't have a clue about. The post also said she/he would
    no longer keep up the page, because entries from others took on a
    life of their own and took away from its original purpose. I don't know
    how long before I visited the site/page that entry had been made, so
    I don't know how long the page had not been updated, nor do I know
    if it was really her/his page. It was just a link somebody had posted
    on IMDB in a topic on the gender changing rumors subject.
    Knowing the rumors, I was kind of relieved that she/he seemed to be
    denying she/he was even considering it. On the site were very deep and
    complicated poems that all had to do with homosexuality, sexuality and
    "self". Some written by her/him, some by others. Many references to
    books on an eclectic range of subjects, including on (homo)sexuality
    and politics (and sexual politics).
    When I clicked the link again when this new rumor surfaced I got the
    message that the page no longer exists, so either she/he deleted it
    and started a new (donation) page or who knows what else.

On a sidenote: I find it kind of refreshing that as a child from millionaires
    she/he apparently does not seem to have direct access to big money.
    It looks like the Beatty kids are not raised as spoilt brats.
    Last edited by HWBL; June 21st, 2010 at 03:09 AM. Reason: TYPOS
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Bwahahahaha! Because ANYTHING warren Beatty does is gonna be right. End of. We get it. amazing how fantards seem to find defending the indefensable easy.

And there us a tremendous difference between raising a spoilt brat and paying for surgery, which if he is a true transgender person is NOT actually elective but NECESSARY for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    That crossed my mind too--by taking this public and asking for donations, it does make me wonder if Stephen is mature enough to make the decision at this time. It could be an act of rebellion against his parents if they aren't financially supporting this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Forgive me, but is there a link to the facebook page? I started to search but there are a bunch of stephen beattys, apparently.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Does anybody know, more or less, how much does that kind of surgery cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    That crossed my mind too--by taking this public and asking for donations, it does make me wonder if Stephen is mature enough to make the decision at this time. It could be an act of rebellion against his parents if they aren't financially supporting this.
    It could also just be desperation to get the surgery done. Stephen believes he was born in the wrong body & only he knows for sure. So I can understand the desire he may have to right what he believes is a wrong.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

This thread is causing me to question my gender identity.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I can't be bothered to read through 9 pages so all I'm gonna say is- I hope everything turns out ok for Stephen and the entire Beatty family.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information