Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Warren Beatty's daughter Kathlyn plans sex change to become Stephen

I wish him all the very best. I have no clue as to how horrible it must be to go through formative life feeling you were born the wrong sex. I try to imagine, but I can't.

That being said, if I'd kept and raised the children I gave birth to, I honestly do not think that I could love my child less if s/he made a decision to undergo sexual reassignment. Above anything, the child is a human, and would always be my child, right?

I just don't think that it's such a serious issue, but then Warren Beatty might be old-fashioned, given that he was such a stud back in the day. Perhaps he is embarrassed by Stephen's decision. The shock and the stigma!

I'd much rather have the same loving child as a different gender than a child who abused animals or people or committed other atrocities, put it that way. I mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
    I wish him all the very best. I have no clue as to how horrible it must be to go through formative life feeling you were born the wrong sex. I try to imagine, but I can't.

That being said, if I'd kept and raised the children I gave birth to, I honestly do not think that I could love my child less if s/he made a decision to undergo sexual reassignment. Above anything, the child is a human, and would always be my child, right?

I just don't think that it's such a serious issue, but then Warren Beatty might be old-fashioned, given that he was such a stud back in the day. Perhaps he is embarrassed by Stephen's decision. The shock and the stigma!

I'd much rather have the same loving child as a different gender than a child who abused animals or people or committed other atrocities, put it that way. I mean it.
    Wow. You're entitled to your opinion, of course. But to judge somebody
    you don't know, simply on what is claimed about them in a tabloid, regarding
    a serious - life changing - situation, is way out of line.
    Also, being devastated/shocked/beside oneself (as I believe the Enquirer
    described it) does not equal loving the child less than before.
    I don't care how liberal or conservative, old or young a parent in a
    situation like this is but to think that one would/should just take a deep
    breath and say "Okay, go right ahead, no problem" is way oversimplifying
    things. Like I said in an earlier post, most parents react "shocked and
    devastated" out of concern and love for the child's future, NOT because
    they feel embarrassed or any other negative sentiment.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Wow. You're entitled to your opinion, of course. But to judge somebody
    you don't know, simply on what is claimed about them in a tabloid, regarding
    a serious - life changing - situation, is way out of line.
    Isn't that what we do here? It's not a Beatty fan board, or anybody's fan board. It's a gossip board - we don't base most of our opinions here on fact (or do we and I'm living in another universe?). We base them on whatever happens to be reported in the news or on a tabloid.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Isn't that what we do here? It's not a Beatty fan board, or anybody's fan board. It's a gossip board - we don't base most of our opinions here on fact (or do we and I'm living in another universe?). We base them on whatever happens to be reported in the news or on a tabloid.
    I thought that Pippin's post was very fair, especially the bolded parts. HWBL, you need to calm down.

I agree!!!!

Lets not forget that Beaty is really, really old. Isn't he 80 or 90 now? I guess its a generational thing, but he needs to get over himself.

yep. If we didn't this would be a very quiet not to mention boring board.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

I also thought Pippin's post was very fair and reasonable. I don't think opining that someone might be "old-fashioned" is too terrible.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I know it's not a fan board and although I'm a Beatty fan, nobody can
    accuse me of being a fantard who sees everything through rose-colored
    glasses i.e. is without criticism regarding him.
    But in this case people are making remarks about bad parenting or pretty
    much being too rigid in this particular situation etc. based on ONE claim
    by a tabloid, when neither he nor Annette have ever been in the news
    in a negative (or positive for that matter) way as far as their children or
    how they raise them is concerned.

Now if it were others like the Britneys, the Brangelinas, the Tomkats
    and all those others who seem to wear their private lives on their
    sleeves (how can I forget Madonna?) and often include the (raising
    of their) children in their public actions, then the public can at
    least get somewhat of an impression and comment on what behavior
    they witness from those celebs. Here there's nothing but a statement
    in one tabloid article, and that's it. To me that's entirely different,
    and I would respond the same way if it were a celeb I wasn't a fan
    of.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    I also thought Pippin's post was very fair and reasonable. I don't think opining that someone might be "old-fashioned" is too terrible.
    Hell, me either. Except when I'm opining it about my damn self!

Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Since the poor kid appears to be trying to raise funds for this via donations from complete strangers on the internets, when both parents are worth millions of dollars? Well, I'm calling it. They're twats if they don't put the happiness of their child first & humiliating him by BEGGING for money that they could EASILY afford to pay? Sadistic sick bastards. That's my opinion.

I don't care about the old fashioned remarks. I don't see that as an insult that much.
    It's more this that got to me:

or what the fact that he was considered a stud in his young days
    would have to do with it.
    That's more or less saying that he's more concerned about what
    the effect of the impending change would be on him than on his
    child's future.
    I don't think he nor Annette have ever exhibited behavior that suggested
    bad parenting on their part, to their children's disadvantage.
    If anything, I think an indifferent or too positive reaction to a situation
    this important (like pretending everything will be A okay once the journey
    to change is started), would be more a sign of bad parenting than this
    "old fashioned" concern and shock.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I thought that Pippin's post was very fair, especially the bolded parts. HWBL, you need to calm down.
    I agree!!!!

Lets not forget that Beaty is really, really old. Isn't he 80 or 90 now? I guess its a generational thing, but he needs to get over himself.
    Warren Beatty was born on March 30, 1937. By Crikey, me late sainted mother is older than he is. My dad was born in 1921 and me mum was born in 1922...I'm no spring chicken myself, though my mother did have me later in life. *grin*

Hon, my MIL is 80 this next year & this wouldn't make her turn a hair. All she would care about is that her kids are happy.

Hon, my MIL is 80 this next year & this wouldn't make her turn a hair. All she would care about is that her kids are happy.
    Hug your MIL for me on her birthday. She is absolutely right; it's as it should be. If her kids are happy, then what more would she want?!

Hug your MIL for me on her birthday. She is absolutely right; it's as it should be. If her kids are happy, then what more would she want?!
    hahah! I'm not hugging her she's crazy! Seriously, she's been really cool when another MIL might have been asking when we were going to have kids, etc. She was a late mom herself (38 with her first in the mid-60s) and I think that she had hopes, but never projected onto us. I recently talked to her about us adopting & she was chuffed to bits because her son is happy (and well cared for & appreciated, etc). She won't remember the conversation, however, as she's loosing her marbles. She's a cool old bird though, I don't think that I could have got better! I know I keep saying it but she's happy because her son is happy. Isn't that how it should be?

Since the poor kid appears to be trying to raise funds for this via donations from complete strangers on the internets, when both parents are worth millions of dollars? Well, I'm calling it. They're twats if they don't put the happiness of their child first & humiliating him by BEGGING for money that they could EASILY afford to pay? Sadistic sick bastards. That's my opinion.
    I never even thought of that. WHY would he be begging for money for this when his parents are worth many millions? Now I would like an answer to that.

I won't pass judgement yet, but it is very disturbing. Why is he having to beg for funding? That is just bizarre...????

If..IF..they are not going to help him...then..well..I will just wait for more info.

*stifles self*

WARREN! Why is your child begging online for money for a sex change operation when you have millions of dolllars??
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information