Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Warren Beatty's daughter Kathlyn plans sex change to become Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    I can see where both you and HWBL are coming from. You from the kids perspective and HWBL from the parents. To kind of put some perspective into what HWBL said, I felt the same way when my kid was diagnosed with ADHD. I know that some of you may roll your eyes at this but, when you have your kid and they come out with all fingers/toes and everything in the right place, working correctly you think the battle is mostly won. When other things come up - my case ADHD but, other illnesses, personality traits, etc - as a parent you need to grieve the child you thought you had and embrace the one you actually got. Some parents never make the transition. Most do and hopefully we don't scar our kids too much in the process. We are humans afterall. As you show us, it isn't easy to do and probably there is no way to not scar your kids in these types of situations. You just hope that in the end, the love you give your kid is greater than the pain you have caused (and that they can forgive you).
    That is it exactly. Basically the child they "thought" they had, turned out to be another child. Now they need to grieve their daughter. The thoughts, dreams and plans are gone. They will be devastated for awhile, then will pull it together for their child and become supportive. However, it is almost like a death for a parent. Doesn't mean they won't still love and support their child.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    when transgender people are straight, get the surgery, and then are homophobic bigots(not common really either I think), but I have seen it, and hello! You of all people should have empathy and know that these things are NOT a choice. *sigh* I saw this TV special once where a female to male transgender had the change, and once a man, they adopted all the 'man' stereotypes, including homophobia. Made me pissed. They also had a shitty attitude towards women of all things. And they complained about the difficulty in finding a mate/wife. Well no wonder, besided everything else, he was an asshole!
    This reminds me of that mayor in Florida who transitioned into a woman and then voted against multiple laws for equal rights for homosexuals. Her excuse was "it isn't time, yet." If not now, when bitch?! Yeah, she was Republican and stayed that way. This really confuses me.

Too bad newly transgendered males decide to overcompensate by taking on the worst attitudes of men in general. I kind of understand it, in the same way I understand why some older men who just come out of the closet go crazy for a little while over-identifying with every gay stereotype. They need time to figure it all out.

My coworker Sun identified with everyone. He hung out with straights and gays...well, everyone loved him because he was a great guy. He was so happy being male and out of Taiwan. He was a total chick magnet, too. As soon as the young girls at work were clued into his situation they flocked to him. They wanted to test his limits or something and flirted with him constantly. Sun absolutely loved it.

I need to look him up again someday.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Eh, it happens to parents a lot of the time when their kid announces they're gay. The parents, naturally, have preconceived notions of who and what the child is, and also notions of what the future will be.. get married, have kids, be grandparents..

When something THAT big changes, it can be quite shattering to parents. They have to reorient their entire way of thinking AND they have to kind of grieve for the expected future that won't happen quite the way they envisioned it ever since they had the child.

That being said, she/he should wait a few years after 18 to do the gender reassignment. You do SO much changing in your 20's that I can't imagine making that kind of decision until I was in them.
    HWBL likes this.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I'm not being funny, but out of respect for this teen going through this in the public eye, can we please call this person Stephen & refer to them by their preferred gender? i.e. he/him/his/etc.

Agent Orange, I'm using your post as an example, however they've been alot of posts with using "her" in this thread.

Very well said - but he does look like Justin Bieber.

It's not the 1st time I've been made an example of, and I'm sure that it won't be the last - so "no worries" as our Aussie posters might say. Usually being made an example of involves loss of job and income, or some time in court - so I'm okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    He didn't just drop it on them though so they can't be shocked. They've been aware for several years & at one point they were apparently having him homeschooled to keep him out of the public eye. So at least for them it's not like they didn't see it coming. He's been saying he wanted to do this for some time. And I do understand a parent having personal hopes & wishes for their kids but once they're of age they are no longer children & are entitled to take the reins of their life. Warren is sounding like he might be the old fashioned type which considering his lifestyle in his younger days is surprising-or maybe he's a bit controlling. Who knows? But I hope he will come across because Stephen needs his father's support.
    They didn't have her homeschooled because of her impending change itself,
    but because - as a private family, way before any of this played - they did
    not want their other children or any of the other children in the school to
    be bothered by the paparazzi who were hiding around the Buckley school
    as soon as rumors began.
    And I don't think we should pass judgement on Warren or any other parents
    for that matter, who are confronted with something as big as this.
    Walk a mile in their shoes, throw stones when you are free of sin (yeah,
    getting biblical here).
    For one, we don't even know for sure what their sentiments are and
    frankly, as I said before, it's none of our business.
    Being an average teenager is hard already, being a teenager/young adult
    dealing with issues of these proportions, must be so much harder,
    especially when you're outed by a big, fat, frustrated queen like P.H.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I love how the one recurring theme in this thread that everyone supports is the hate for Perezisite Hilton.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I love how the one recurring theme in this thread that everyone supports is the hate for Perezisite Hilton.
    Isn't it great? He's such a hypocrite though. Gay himself, yet he seems
    to relish in outing and gossiping (and judging) anybody with sexuality or
    gender issues. I'd say fatty needs years of therapy because there's
    obviously some things he hasn't worked out for himself yet.

***** celeb

Perez is a human shitstain.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    Perez is a human shitstain.

That he is.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

Hit By Ban Bus!

Is he changing his name to Stephen Ira Beatty or just Stephen Ira?
    Last edited by blogboardbusters; June 18th, 2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: change pronoun

Elite Member

You bet.

I wish them a lot of luck and love with this. And I hope that they can go on without this being on the cover of People.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    You bet.

I wish them a lot of luck and love with this. And I hope that they can go on without this being on the cover of People.
    I just pray they can withstand Oprah because you just KNOW she'd
    love to have this on in her final season.

***** celeb

I hate that I have to do this considered it's been covered before....

Transitioning to male means identifies as male. Please use the proper pronoun to refer to him. I don't want to start handing out bans for this, but it's been done in the past and I'll do it again to those who continue to ignore requests by people to use the proper gendered pronoun.

Thank you.

Thanks NoDay, I notice quite a few more after my request.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    I hate that I have to do this considered it's been covered before....

Transitioning to male means identifies as male. Please use the proper pronoun to refer to him. I don't want to start handing out bans for this, but it's been done in the past and I'll do it again to those who continue to ignore requests by people to use the proper gendered pronoun.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Thanks NoDay, I notice quite a few more after my request.
    I am really bad at this. I mean no disrespect and have no judgements against transgender folks. It is simply ignorance, not malice on my part. I will make a pointed effort to change. I thought (I have been set straight) that until you went through the actual change it was acceptable to refer to you as your birth gender. I now refer to Chaz Bono as him but, before his change I did refer to him as her. Anyway, long winded as this is, I just wanted to just say sorry.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information