Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Warren Beatty's daughter Kathlyn plans sex change to become Stephen

Is devastated still AKA "a-hole"???

She's gonna look like Justin Bieber!

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Is devastated still AKA "a-hole"???
    I think we could still call it like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    It is interesting that there can be both straight and gay transgender people. Sexual orientation is different again from gender identity. You can have a person born a female, who is attracted to men, but identifies gender wise as a man. They can get the surgery, become a man, and then be with a man, basically becoming a gay man. The gender identity and sexual orientation are seperate issues. It is interesting though. I think that it probably follows that most transgenders are straight, simply because that is most common-most people overall are straight.
    Hey, Sojita, did you ever see the documentary cable program (can't remember if it was TLC or some other channel) about these two Canadian kids. One of them had a botched circumcision, and the parents were talked into removing what was left of the penis and raising the child as a "girl", including (I guess hormone treatments).

Throughout the child's early life, the child was dressed and raised as a girl, but had no idea about the circumstances of their birth and the accident. However, they knew something was wrong. Felt horrible as a "girl", etc. Eventually, they found out, there was all kind of turmoil, and the "girl" had surgery to become a "boy", or as close as functionally possible. This person became much happier and even married a woman and helped raise a surrogate child (biological child of the wife by a previous relationship).

Unfortunately, the subject of the program died early from something (can't remember what).

And the brother, when he found out that his "sister" was really a "brother" all along, went kind of insane. I think, however, it was because the brother was in late adolescence at the time and had a genetic predisposition to schizophrenia -- and this series of events was the catalysts.

It was a crazy, sad, riveting program.

Quote Originally Posted by dowcat View Post
    I don't know who the hell that is supposed to be, but it looks
    nothing like any of the Beatty kids. They all have the longish
    Beatty heads. Doesn't look like Kathlyn's nose, either.

Last edited by HWBL; June 18th, 2010 at 01:12 PM.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I saw that program. It WAS riveting. If I'm not mistaken, he commited suicide (or, it could have been the brother, I'm not totally sure).

Was the other kid in the show the one whose parents kept bringing him to a nutty shrink when he was a small child? And they showed flashbacks of it?

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Hey, Sojita, did you ever see the documentary cable program (can't remember if it was TLC or some other channel) about these two Canadian kids. One of them had a botched circumcision, and the parents were talked into removing what was left of the penis and raising the child as a "girl", including (I guess hormone treatments).

Throughout the child's early life, the child was dressed and raised as a girl, but had no idea about the circumstances of their birth and the accident. However, they knew something was wrong. Felt horrible as a "girl", etc. Eventually, they found out, there was all kind of turmoil, and the "girl" had surgery to become a "boy", or as close as functionally possible. This person became much happier and even married a woman and helped raise a surrogate child (biological child of the wife by a previous relationship).

Unfortunately, the subject of the program died early from something (can't remember what).

And the brother, when he found out that his "sister" was really a "brother" all along, went kind of insane. I think, however, it was because the brother was in late adolescence at the time and had a genetic predisposition to schizophrenia -- and this series of events was the catalysts.

Mohandas, I saw that program too. I was so sad. I felt so bad for that poor man.

HWBL - I think it looks like his nose. Both seem turned up a bit at the end. (not so much in the second bike photo though.) He's put on weight which probably makes his face look different.

I attended a training many years ago for CEU credits on sexual identity issues in teens. In that training they said the father often has the most difficult time with this and they believe it is because they feel that perhaps they had defective sperm. They went on to explain that since the male sperm determines the gender they feel that there was something wrong with their sperm that caused the child to be born the wrong gender. The thing that stuck with me from the training was the recommendation that family members need as much counseling as the person pursuing the gender reassignment.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I attended a training many years ago for CEU credits on sexual identity issues in teens. In that training they said the father often has the most difficult time with this and they believe it is because they feel that perhaps they had defective sperm. They went on to explain that since the male sperm determines the gender they feel that there was something wrong with their sperm that caused the child to be born the wrong gender. The thing that stuck with me from the training was the recommendation that family members need as much counseling as the person pursuing the gender reassignment.
    That is exactly right!!! It is a family issue and everyone involved needs to deal with it professionally.

There was an SVU episode that was loosely based around this. It is one of my favorite episodes. Basically blows holes in the nurture vs nature debate.

I'm all for supporting your children but I do see that a gender reassignment would take a period to adjust too way more so than your child telling you they were gay. I just think you raise a girl or a boy and love them as your son or daughter for their whole lives and then they become another person. I know it will be a person that that will be more comfortable as but still can see it being a hard adjustment for all their family members not just parents. That all being said I think that Stephen's family will rally behind him.

I've seen this. I think his name or he changed his name to David. It is so interesting and sad! I thought they both died from suicide. I know the brother who went insane from it, killed himself but not sure or can't remember how the other twin died (probably an illness like you said). The parents felt horrible.. they were going with what the doctors told them to do.. so sad.
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post

She's gonna look like Justin Bieber!

I'm not being funny, but out of respect for this teen going through this in the public eye, can we please call this person Stephen & refer to them by their preferred gender? i.e. he/him/his/etc.

Agent Orange, I'm using your post as an example, however they've been alot of posts with using "her" in this thread.

Elite Member

I don't care how open-minded you are, I think if your child came to you and told you this, it would be shocking. It would take some time to adjust to it. Not because you think it's wrong, but because they are your child and you want to protect them. There are so many cruel, simple minded people out there and you don't want your child hurt.

I'm sure you'd also go through a huge period of guilt if you didn't see it coming and wonder if you missed signs and how you could have been more supportive when they were growing up.

This would be a huge issue to deal with, but if you really love your child, you'd be supportive. I can't imagine my kids telling me anything that would make me turn my back on them, but it would be a little surprising to hear something like this and I know it would take me a minute to process the whole thing.

Warren is older and I know he's been around the block, but I can imagine him being a "not in my house" kind of dad.

He didn't just drop it on them though so they can't be shocked. They've been aware for several years & at one point they were apparently having him homeschooled to keep him out of the public eye. So at least for them it's not like they didn't see it coming. He's been saying he wanted to do this for some time. And I do understand a parent having personal hopes & wishes for their kids but once they're of age they are no longer children & are entitled to take the reins of their life. Warren is sounding like he might be the old fashioned type which considering his lifestyle in his younger days is surprising-or maybe he's a bit controlling. Who knows? But I hope he will come across because Stephen needs his father's support.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information