Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Warren Beatty's daughter Kathlyn plans sex change to become Stephen

18 is an adult. I think at this age one would know how they felt, and what they wanted.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    18 is an adult. I think at this age one would know how they felt, and what they wanted.
    I think it's hard for people who haven't experienced it or haven't seen it up close & personal to relate. It's not as if the person is thinking "I'd like to 'try' this" or "It might be fun to have this or that body part". It's looking in the mirror & knowing "This is not who I am". It's not a choice or a decision. It's miserable being trapped in a physical prison. People pretty much know from a very early age.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

I couldn't find anything online, but a friend told me she read the NE print edition article which said Kathlyn has a facebook page under her male name and is soliciting donations for her reassignment surgery??
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

I have 2 teenage daughters and it is hard for me to even contemplate them getting tattoos or piercings. I know they will, and I know it's up to them, but I still have a visceral reaction.

Beginning at birth, you are 'in charge' of your kids' health, down to their bodily functions. You know when they poop, what they poop, you remember the date of their last ear infection, which ear it was in, etc. As they get older, one of the things you have to do is help them learn that they have ownership of their bodies. Even knowing that, it is still hard to let go sometimes.

I think with gender reassignment surgery, most parents, even the most sympathetic and well-meaning ones, would worry about whether this is what the kid really wants long-term. It would also feel weird to me if it seemed like my child was trying to erase her identity in anyway. I know that changing genders is really trying to embrace and realize their true identity, but it would still be weird seeing the little girl whose hair you braided, took pictures of, wondering what she would be like when she grew up and whether she would get married and have kids, etc. etc. negate that past. But just because you feel weird or uncomfortable about something doesn't mean you are not dealing with it or moving toward acceptance or understanding.

At the same time, if this child is really a girl in a body's body, I imagine they have all known it for a very long time, and the must know that it comes from deep within, not just between the legs. My thoughts and feelings on the topic were changed several years ago (maybe 11 or 12 years ago now) when my youngest was in a family daycare. I went to pick her up and the cutest little girl, about 3, was playing outside in a tiara and dress. I asked the sitter who she was, and it turned out 'she' was a boy, and her parents were freaking out because she clearly identified as a girl. All I could think about was what a perfect little girl she made, and that being born as boy was just a mistake. If they can fix that mistake, then that is a good thing, IMO.

Anyway, that experience convinced me that sometimes people are just born in the wrong bodies and they should not be 'punished' in any way for it.

Looks like she'll be a cute boy/man.

It sucks that this is probably now all over the tabs. These people aren't attention whores in the manner of most celebs today.

And with hindsight there's a few things I wish I had done at a younger age, but on the other hand...I'm not sure if I would trust my 18 year old self to make the required decisions to have done so. There were a lot of things I thought were good ideas at 18 that I felt otherwise about on down the road, whether it was a week later or years later. To a certain extent, that sort of goes with the territory of being 18.
    Last edited by MsDark; June 18th, 2010 at 08:49 AM.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I hate violations of privacy. He's apparently been living as male for a while now. But I think it should be left up to the people themselves. Whether it's having the surgery or coming out, it should be up to them & not people like Porky Poodle Fuck to put it on his site just because he can.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

Holy shit he looks like his FATHER big time! I bet he'll be a heck of a good looking guy in a few years.

Edit: Oops I said she originally too.
    Last edited by LynnieD; June 18th, 2010 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I didn't realize their kids were so old already. Good luck to Stephen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    It seems kind of crappy to me to have this in the press. She's 18 but still, basically, a kid. He's not a public figure so why bother publishing it?

It has to be hard for parents to see their children purposefully change their body. It also has to be hard to know that your child is living with such turmoil over something so basic.
    (sorry Bella, I had to change the gender before I quoted it)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd View Post
    She is too damn young to make this kind of decision.
    He....

Quote Originally Posted by badgers! View Post
    This was part of what made me leave pukeface piggy Perez's site forever. Whoever that blind was about obviously had a lot of difficult issues to work through. It's hard enough being a "normal" teenager so I can't imagine being that young and dealing with gender identity issues on top of everything else. Fuck Perez.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    They need to get the fuck over it. They have three other children..what is the problem?

And about them being 'crushed' over something happening to their child that could possibly 'cause harm' to their child, being bashed, suffering discrimination, etc. , that is like a child getting cancer(not saying gay or bi or trans is bad, like cancer, just the first thing to come to mind), and the parent getting upset with the child. The child is not choosing to be gay or transgender-they ARE gay or transgender. No choice in the matter. It just is.It happens to them.

If anything I would hope that in this day and age they would rush to their child's defense and support. This is NOT a choice, it must be very difficult for their daughter(soon to be son), and they need to stop being selfish and support their child when they need it the most.

rant over.

* I agree though with the part about leaving the kids of celebs alone-those who are not celebs themselves, are not breaking laws, bringing themselves into the spotlight...this is like 'outing someone' with no good reason. Unless they make it a public thing, leave them the hell alone, and someone who brings this 'out' to the public for no good reason like Perez is a scum.
    You see, the way I see it is that the younger three will think more than twice about dicussing something like this with their parents. What is one of the younger ones is gay? to transgender too?
    Isn't Beatty really old tho? Really considering where he lives & what he's seen (or shagged) he needs to get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    I will ignore the personal insult part. Wanting 'smooth sailing' for your child means putting your own feelings of misplaced(IMO) grief aside and put that energy into supporting your child.

I can understand this. I do have a problem with people who are just so 'devastated' when their child turns out to be gay or trans or something. It is saying indirectly to the child that their parents think that something is wrong with them-it is hard to feel 'supported' when you also feel that you are being judged and basically 'mourned' over. Been there, done that. What are you telling your child when you are 'grieving' over them simply being gay or trans? I think alot of parents have (misplace again IMO) feelings about what their children 'are' and 'should be' and this leads to problems down the road.

I was the one my parents had 'picked' to be the jock, the football player, the one they dressed up in OSU gear even when I was a toddler. And when I started to not turn out like they had wanted(both psychologically and physically), They could not contain their disappointment and I knew it and it flared up and continued through my entire childhood/adolescence. It really hurt me, and it never had to happen.
    Unfortunately some parents just can't do that, to their own detriment.
    Also, I totally get you on the "disappointed parents for assigned roles"-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    I wish Stephen love and happiness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post

This one.
    He looks great! I wish him much happiness & success in his future.

Its sad that he's having to solicit for donations for his surgery, sounds like he's maybe not got the full backing of his parents - which makes me sad. I really hope that I'm wrong, but begging for this money is embarassing both for him & his family. Maybe the parent/s were enough of an ass is private to deserve it?

Yeah if he is having to solicit donations that's really sad.

Elite Member

Both of my daughter has friends who identify as a different gender than their so-called birth gender. My oldest daughter has a good friend who started to transition to male during high school and is now in the process of having surgery. He is doing great (looked very happy last time we saw him--but he is a happy well-adjusted kid anyway). My youngest knows a girl who starting in middle school started to dress and identify as a boy. They are 16 now and he goes to a different school, so I haven't seen him in a bit. My youngest won't hear anything against this person--if anyone says anything, she will call out that person right away. It gives me hope for the future.

Anyway, both sets of parents of these kids are being supportive and seeing that warms my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Soj, you and I have had this conversation before. Until a person has children, they tend to see things from a kid's perspective. Once you become a parent, you associate what other kids are going through with your own children.

I would be heart broken if my child didn't feel they were born to the right sex. Not because I would be ashamed or angry but because it would be devestating to think your child isn't comfortable in his/her own skin. Imagine struggling with something as basic as gender. I woudln't wish that struggle on anyone.

That said, I have taken care of 6-7 transgendered patients. Every one of them was as nice as could be but almost all of them were clearly dealing with a lot of the psychological issues. They all had a different comfort level in sharing who they were as well. One man looked so much like a man you'd never have guessed he was born a female. He quietly pulled me aside to offer the missing piece to his medical history and asked that I only share it if needed. On the other extreme, we had a woman (born male) who is open and proud of who she is and even wanted to show how "tiny the pee pee got" after meds. LOL! Though I haven't asked all of them (nor would I without reason) three of them shared with me that they consider themselves straight. They all said they were born to the wrong gender but their sexual orientation fit with who they thought they should have been.
    It is interesting that there can be both straight and gay transgender people. Sexual orientation is different again from gender identity. You can have a person born a female, who is attracted to men, but identifies gender wise as a man. They can get the surgery, become a man, and then be with a man, basically becoming a gay man. The gender identity and sexual orientation are seperate issues. It is interesting though. I think that it probably follows that most transgenders are straight, simply because that is most common-most people overall are straight.

It would be interesting to see the details on this. The worst things I have seen are when gays have rejected transgender people(not common really), or when transgender people are straight, get the surgery, and then are homophobic bigots(not common really either I think), but I have seen it, and hello! You of all people should have empathy and know that these things are NOT a choice. *sigh* I saw this TV special once where a female to male transgender had the change, and once a man, they adopted all the 'man' stereotypes, including homophobia. Made me pissed. They also had a shitty attitude towards women of all things. And they complained about the difficulty in finding a mate/wife. Well no wonder, besided everything else, he was an asshole!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Zee

Hope he gets all the love and support needed to go through this process.

A friend of mine at work went through this and admitted that she always felt like her body had failed her by being male. To compensate- she tried to excel in everything. Not easy at any age for those around- but better for the individual
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

fgg

i think it has to be hard as a parent because you never want to see your children stuggling. i think that you know as a young child how you feel (identify as a girl/boy, are attracted to girls/boys, etc.) and you shouldn't have to reach a certain age to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dowcat View Post

Legendary actor Warren Beatty, 73, and his two younger daughters - Isabel, 13, and 10-year-old Ella (walking beside dad) - were spotted outside their Los Angeles home on Thursday (June 17).
    Warren and his wife, fellow actor Annette Bening, 52, are also parents to Kathlyn, 18, and Benjamin, 15. Kathlyn (pictured below with bike) is reportedly living as a man named 'Stephen' and is planning to have gender reassignment surgery.

A source reveals that Warren is "heartbroken" and "grief-stricken" over Kathlyn's decision.
    "Annette still remains very close to Kathlyn. And while Warren loves his daughter and will never turn his back on her. this experience is crushing him."

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Sounds like Annette's being supportive and Warren's still being "devastated".
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information