Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Warren Beatty's daughter Kathlyn plans sex change to become Stephen

Syd

She is too damn young to make this kind of decision.

HWBL - I agree with all you stated.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

^ I do too. I just used less words.

This was part of what made me leave pukeface piggy Perez's site forever. Whoever that blind was about obviously had a lot of difficult issues to work through. It's hard enough being a "normal" teenager so I can't imagine being that young and dealing with gender identity issues on top of everything else. Fuck Perez.

I agree too. If my child were to tell me something like that, I'd be devastated for a while too. And probably blame myself. But I'd never stop loving my child, or turn my back on him. And I would come to terms with it in time.
    I'm sure Warren and Annette are handling it well.
    It is a shame that the media is picking up on this. Leave them alone and let them deal with this in private.
    Last edited by Fly_On_TheWall; June 17th, 2010 at 09:43 PM.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post

So Chastity first came out as a lesbian, because she, at the time, liked to be with women. But then she felt she was truely a man inside, so she had the reassignment surgery to become a man. Now Chaz is dating women, and he is actually living a hetro-sexual lifestyle as a man that enjoys being with women? So he would be considered a hetro male?

I sure hope I phrased the questions appriopriately. I have always been curious on others and the lifestyles they live.
    So am I! I've know 2 people who lived the alternative gender lifestyle, and one fully operated on male to female transsexual.

The full transsexual still lived with his wife and I'm *guessing* still had sex with her. So I figure he is now a lesbian. BTW, he became a very beautiful, large framed, woman.

One woman I used to work with lived entirely as a man. She was born a man with a woman's body, that's all there is to it. It was a valuable person to know, since it was so clear that she was NOT female in any sense of the word except her genitals. She had a story about her parents forcing her into a dress when she was 3 for a family wedding, and she tore it off herself during the ceremony. She lived with her wife and her wife's kids from a previous marriage. She played sports with her son, taught him carpentry and how to drive, pretty much your typical dad. I wouldn't call her gay, myself. Most people thought she was a guy (it may have helped that she was from Taiwan and was a body builder.)

The other was a man who lived entirely as a woman. I don't think he wanted surgery. He was happy as he was, though he dressed as a woman and introduced himself as such. He claimed to like sleeping with both men and women. I guess he was bisexual.

It's all fascinating isn't it! I wish it was easier to ask questions without being rude.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

They need to get the fuck over it. They have three other children..what is the problem?

And about them being 'crushed' over something happening to their child that could possibly 'cause harm' to their child, being bashed, suffering discrimination, etc. , that is like a child getting cancer(not saying gay or bi or trans is bad, like cancer, just the first thing to come to mind), and the parent getting upset with the child. The child is not choosing to be gay or transgender-they ARE gay or transgender. No choice in the matter. It just is.It happens to them.

If anything I would hope that in this day and age they would rush to their child's defense and support. This is NOT a choice, it must be very difficult for their daughter(soon to be son), and they need to stop being selfish and support their child when they need it the most.

rant over.

* I agree though with the part about leaving the kids of celebs alone-those who are not celebs themselves, are not breaking laws, bringing themselves into the spotlight...this is like 'outing someone' with no good reason. Unless they make it a public thing, leave them the hell alone, and someone who brings this 'out' to the public for no good reason like Perez is a scum.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i couldn't find many pics, just variations on the below (supposedly age 16):

She was 12 in this pic.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    They need to get the fuck over it. They have three other children..what is the problem?

And about them being 'crushed' over something happening to their child that could possibly 'cause harm' to their child, being bashed, suffering discrimination, etc. , that is like a child getting cancer(not saying gay or bi or trans is bad, like cancer, just the first thing to come to mind), and the parent getting upset with the child. The child is not choosing to be gay or transgender-they ARE gay or transgender. No choice in the matter. It just is.It happens to them.

If anything I would hope that in this day and age they would rush to their child's defense and support. This is NOT a choice, it must be very difficult for their daughter(soon to be son), and they need to stop being selfish and support their child when they need it the most.

rant over.
    Sorry to disagree, but what kind of a dumb statement is "They have three
    other children..what is the problem?" ?
    Like when one child should die, you shouldn't grieve because you still have
    more left?

I don't think anybody, certainly not me, stated that being transgender
    is a choice. However, the fact that a child is born that way doesn't
    make it easier for a parent to just take as an "Oh, well, shucks"
    moment for the mere reasons I stated in my other LOOOOOONG post.
    No parent, no good parent, wants to see any possible source for
    suffering (be it illness, accidents, mistreatment, discrimination or any
    other negative) in their children's lives. Of course everybody has to
    experience negative things, that IS life, but it's inherent to being a
    parent that you want smooth sailing for your children.
    You can't fight that feeling, even if your brain tells you it's inevitable.

***** celeb

Usually I believe the story itself but I never believe in what the sources have to say especially when they discuss how the people feel and what they think. That's all made up bullshit.

They seem like a close and loving family and my money is on them to help and support. Heck, I'd be the first to call Cher and talk about it. Warren and Cher go way back. Way, way back. Aside from that, WB is so super private, he'll do whatever to protect his family.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    So am I! I've know 2 people who lived the alternative gender lifestyle, and one fully operated on male to female transsexual.

The full transsexual still lived with his wife and I'm *guessing* still had sex with her. So I figure he is now a lesbian. BTW, he became a very beautiful, large framed, woman.

One woman I used to work with lived entirely as a man. She was born a man with a woman's body, that's all there is to it. It was a valuable person to know, since it was so clear that she was NOT female in any sense of the word except her genitals. She had a story about her parents forcing her into a dress when she was 3 for a family wedding, and she tore it off herself during the ceremony. She lived with her wife and her wife's kids from a previous marriage. She played sports with her son, taught him carpentry and how to drive, pretty much your typical dad. I wouldn't call her gay, myself. Most people thought she was a guy (it may have helped that she was from Taiwan and was a body builder.)

The other was a man who lived entirely as a woman. I don't think he wanted surgery. He was happy as he was, though he dressed as a woman and introduced himself as such. He claimed to like sleeping with both men and women. I guess he was bisexual.

It's all fascinating isn't it! I wish it was easier to ask questions without being rude.

Thanks for the response. I ended up deleting my original post,...figured I might have over stepped. It is hard to become educated on things that you have never seen, lived or were never taught growing up. Some areas of the US are very lacking on new things, people and ideas. It is hard explaining that to people, without being jumped on as a racist, sexist or gender basher. A lot of times it is lack of education and knowledge. And it is hard to achieve that without understanding and answers from others.

They can be 'devastated' and supportive at the same time. I can imagine it wouldn't be easy finding out your child is going to have a sex change. But it doesn't mean you won't be supportive.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Sorry to disagree, but what kind of a dumb statement is "They have three
    other children..what is the problem?" ?
    Like when one child should die, you shouldn't grieve because you still have
    more left?

I don't think anybody, certainly not me, stated that being transgender
    is a choice. However, the fact that a child is born that way doesn't
    make it easier for a parent to just take as an "Oh, well, shucks"
    moment for the mere reasons I stated in my other LOOOOOONG post.
    No parent, no good parent, wants to see any possible source for
    suffering (be it illness, accidents, mistreatment, discrimination or any
    other negative) in their children's lives. Of course everybody has to
    experience negative things, that IS life, but it's inherent to being a
    parent that you want smooth sailing for your children.
    You can't fight that feeling, even if your brain tells you it's inevitable.
    I will ignore the personal insult part. Wanting 'smooth sailing' for your child means putting your own feelings of misplaced(IMO) grief aside and put that energy into supporting your child.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    They can be 'devastated' and supportive at the same time. I can imagine it wouldn't be easy finding out your child is going to have a sex change. But it doesn't mean you won't be supportive.
    I can understand this. I do have a problem with people who are just so 'devastated' when their child turns out to be gay or trans or something. It is saying indirectly to the child that their parents think that something is wrong with them-it is hard to feel 'supported' when you also feel that you are being judged and basically 'mourned' over. Been there, done that. What are you telling your child when you are 'grieving' over them simply being gay or trans? I think alot of parents have (misplace again IMO) feelings about what their children 'are' and 'should be' and this leads to problems down the road.

I was the one my parents had 'picked' to be the jock, the football player, the one they dressed up in OSU gear even when I was a toddler. And when I started to not turn out like they had wanted(both psychologically and physically), They could not contain their disappointment and I knew it and it flared up and continued through my entire childhood/adolescence. It really hurt me, and it never had to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    I will ignore the personal insult part. Wanting 'smooth sailing' for your child means putting your own feelings of misplaced(IMO) grief aside and put that energy into supporting your child.

I will ignore the fact you thought that was a personal insult. It was
    general common sense.
    As far as your definition of wanting smooth sailing for your kid, that
    reads like from the kid's perspective to me, which is understandable.
    All children want, and should be able to expect, their parents to
    be there for them and vice versa. Unconditional love and caring
    goes both ways, or it should, anyway.
    From a parent's perspective I don't think the concern and grief are
    misplaced at all. And it doesn't say anywhere, not in my personal
    opinion, nor in the piece about the Beatty's that they aren't supportive.
    Like somebody else said: you can be devastated and supportive at
    the same time.
    Last edited by HWBL; June 17th, 2010 at 06:43 PM. Reason: noticed a major typo

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    I will ignore the fact you thought that was a personal insult. It was
    general common sense.
    As far as your definition of wanting smooth sailing for your kid, that
    reads like from the kid's perspective to me, which is understandable.
    All children want, and should be able to expect, their parents to
    be their for them and vice versa. Unconditional love and caring
    goes both ways, or it should, anyway.
    From a parent's perspective I don't think the concern and grief are
    misplaced at all. And it doesn't say anywhere, not in my personal
    opinion, nor in the piece about the Beatty's that they aren't supportive.
    Like somebody else said: you can be devastated and supportive at
    the same time.
    I will ignore the fact that you are in denial about your personal insult!!

And I guess alot of this is just about what 'parental devastation' is, how it is defined, and how it is expressed. I think we may have different ideas about that going on here.

I can't use the word 'devastation' now without thinking about that ass Kanye. Thanks alot, Kanye.

* I think we both want the best for the parents and the child, and have some common ground on the paps exploiting this, at least. And you are right-I see this very much from the child perspective, having been there myself, and no I have not been in the parent situation. Have you been in either situation? I think it does 'color' ones view of things.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information