Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Warren Beatty's daughter Kathlyn plans sex change to become Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Angeli View Post
    How does one tell them apart, if they are, say, both men dressed as women?
    One could ask, if you know them well enough, but it's pretty easy. Transgender people feel that their inner gender does not match that of the body they were born into. They dress as their preferred gender because, well, that's their preferred gender. Transvestites, or a better term, cross dressers, dress that way because they enjoy it, or possibly because it's their profession to do so, as in drag performers. But not all drag performers are really cross dressers, it may be purely professional for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Adding something about Chaz. The other night I watched Sonny & Cher Show from 1973. Chastity was 4 years old. At the end of the show she walked out with her parents and talked to the audience before they closed the show. They'd usually ask her little kid type of questions like what did you like at Disneyland this week? Then Cher took Chastity from Sonny's arms, held her and said to the audience... "A while ago Chas told me that she didn't want to be a girl anymore..." Chastity quickly put her hand over Cher's mouth the way little kids do when they don't want you to talk. I did a double take. These kids know. I just wonder if she was stifled by her parents early on. I saw Chaz when he was 13 and in junior high school in NYC. If I put a label on him, he appeared as a butch lesbian.

baby chaz, just in my opinion, looked like a little boy in 'girl packaging', if that makes any sense... kinda like you could see the boy inside, the dresses and stuff looked like a costume. my cousin was like this too. i always knew since she was maybe 4 or 5 that she was going to be a 'tomboy type' and she's an out lesbian now, very cute like in a boy band kinda way.

I have a couple of "couple friends", both of which have daughters. Both of the daughters, from their current outward appearance (dress, hair) look like they might be taking the same road. Neither one look like they "like" being a girl.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

That makes me feel bad for Chaz.
    rollo likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Exactly. A four year old telling her mom to shut up.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    baby chaz, just in my opinion, looked like a little boy in 'girl packaging', if that makes any sense... kinda like you could see the boy inside, the dresses and stuff looked like a costume. my cousin was like this too. i always knew since she was maybe 4 or 5 that she was going to be a 'tomboy type' and she's an out lesbian now, very cute like in a boy band kinda way.
    You're absolutely right because that's what happened. I saw "Chastity" when she was 13 and attending Performing Arts junior/high school in NYC. She and Cher's mom came into a store I was working in. Georgia was a really gorgeous woman and Chas was dressed very butch down to her boots and carried herself like a tough boy. Cher said on a talk show when asked if Chastity liked beads and bangles. Cher said she thought Chas was going through a tomboy period wearing alligator shirts and khaki pants.

If you care to, watch this one at age 3 this time, Sonny asks who she'd rather look like...Mom or Dad? Starts at 9:35

Quote Originally Posted by Angeli View Post
    How does one tell them apart, if they are, say, both men dressed as women?

Why do you need to?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I recently heard this whole "non-binary" discussion and it had never occurred to me previously that people thought in this binary fashion. The whole non-binary makes perfect sense to me, you love whom you love, I don't believe that it should be limited to narrow parameters.

However, what I can't believe is how everyone is saying "good for Warren beatty, accepting this"; did no-one else read that Stephen was a survivor of aversion therapy??? Wtf? How is that accepting????

"In a December 2014 tweet, Stephen called himself a “survivor” of conversion therapy and transphobic abuse."

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I recently heard this whole "non-binary" discussion and it had never occurred to me previously that people thought in this binary fashion. The whole non-binary makes perfect sense to me, you love whom you love, I don't believe that it should be limited to narrow parameters.

However, what I can't believe is how everyone is saying "good for Warren beatty, accepting this"; did no-one else read that Stephen was a survivor of aversion therapy??? Wtf? How is that accepting????

"In a December 2014 tweet, Stephen called himself a “survivor” of conversion therapy and transphobic abuse."
    Stephen clarified that his parents didn't know the therapist would be treating him with conversion therapy. When they found out he was pulled as a patient.

fgg

Annette Bening is ‘very proud’ of transgender son Stephen Ira

Her kids are alright!

Annette Bening, who is notoriously private about her personal life, has given a new interview to AARP in which she discusses her son, 27-year-old Stephen Ira, a transgender man.

“He’s managed something that’s very challenging with great style and great intelligence,” Bening says of her son, who was born Kathlyn Elizabeth. “He’s an articulate, thoughtful person, and I’m very, very proud of him,” Bening adds, noting that her son recently gave her a novel called “Little Fish” about a transgender woman who discovers that their grandfather, a Mennonite, may have been transgender themselves.

Bening, 61, and her husband of almost 30 years, Warren Beatty, 82, are “newish empty nesters,” AARP reports. Ella, the youngest of their four children at 19, began attending Juilliard earlier this year, while Benjamin, 25, and Isabel, 22, have already left home.

“When I was younger, part of me thought I could save my children from having to suffer, which was, of course, ridiculous,” she said of her journey as a parent. “They have to go through their struggles. They’re very much their own people now.”

Thankfully, the pair, who are “still adjusting to the quiet at home,” have their Newfoundland puppy, Scout, to keep them busy.

https://pagesix.com/2019/11/26/annet...n-stephen-ira/
    Brookie and Kittylady like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I'm glad they're accepting and have come to terms with it. Or at least Annette, there's no mention of Warren. it might be a generational thing. some people can understand being gay and they would have an easier time if one of their kids came out as gay but when it comes to transgender people, it's like they can't wrap their head around it.

I have a family friend here in DC, he was one of my dad's best friends and growing up he was like a surrogate uncle, and his older son was like a cousin. he divorced his first wife and had a daughter with his second wife. the daughter came out as transgender sometime in the last year or two and now goes by a masculine name and uses he/him pronouns. the mom seems ok with it - we're facebook friends and she posts about her son and uses he/him pronouns and the masculine name but i have lunch with the dad every few months and he still refers to his kid as his daughter and calls her by her old name, and i haven't wanted to ask him about it directly because it's personal and he's never discussed it with me before and i don't know if he's still in denial or if he can't bring himself to tell people or what. he's also super liberal so i don't think it's about prejudice, i get the sense that he can't really wrap his head around it. it's kind of awkward at this point.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    I'm glad they're accepting and have come to terms with it. Or at least Annette, there's no mention of Warren. it might be a generational thing. some people can understand being gay and they would have an easier time if one of their kids came out as gay but when it comes to transgender people, it's like they can't wrap their head around it.

I have a family friend here in DC, he was one of my dad's best friends and growing up he was like a surrogate uncle, and his older son was like a cousin. he divorced his first wife and had a daughter with his second wife. the daughter came out as transgender sometime in the last year or two and now goes by a masculine name and uses he/him pronouns. the mom seems ok with it - we're facebook friends and she posts about her son and uses he/him pronouns and the masculine name but i have lunch with the dad every few months and he still refers to his kid as his daughter and calls her by her old name, and i haven't wanted to ask him about it directly because it's personal and he's never discussed it with me before and i don't know if he's still in denial or if he can't bring himself to tell people or what. he's also super liberal so i don't think it's about prejudice, i get the sense that he can't really wrap his head around it. it's kind of awkward at this point.
    I think he did a while ago:

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    Warren Beatty Calls Transgender Son Stephen His 'Hero': 'He's a Revolutionary'

Warren Beatty had never publicly addressed his child Stephen‘s gender, until now.

“He’s a revolutionary, a genius, and my hero, as are all my children,” the Rules Don’t Apply actor, 79, proudly told Vanity Fair recently about the 24-year-old trans activist. The eldest of four siblings, Stephen was assigned female at birth and named Kathlyn Elizabeth by his father and mother Annette Bening.

Stephen started transitioning at age 14, he said in a 2012 video for WeHappyTrans, crediting his friends and peers for being supportive over the years. In a December 2014 tweet, Stephen called himself a “survivor” of conversion therapy and transphobic abuse.

Beatty and Bening , 58, are also parents to son Benjamin, 22, and daughters Isabel, 19, and Ella, 16. The married couple of 24 years currently reside in Los Angeles with two of their children. “There’s something about the empty nest that makes you say, ‘Well, maybe I should go out and make a movie,'” Beatty said about his life at home.

“It’s like Cocteau said [quoting the French poet Paul Valery], ‘A poem is never finished, it’s only abandoned.’ And that’s the way it is with movies —like children. You continue to work on them, and work on them, but then you have to let them go,” the father of four shared.

Warren Beatty Calls Transgender Son Stephen His 'Hero': 'He's a Revolutionary'
    Brookie and sputnik like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

OT, but I ended up rereading the entire thread and it really, really stuck in my throat to see that racist fucker Pippin preaching any kind of tolerance and acceptance...
    Brookie likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread Information