Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: Vogue Declares Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner Supermodels

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber Lang View Post
    Yep. Whoever has the most exposure/gets the most followers wins, talent and looks are debatable.
    exactly, gigi and kendall have the most followers compared to most models so they score the big contracts...eg Victoria Secrets

Silver Member

Social medias have kicked out the "middlemen" so to speak. These days, instead of some magazines or talent agents telling us who's hot, the public can decides for themselves by their likes and whatsnot. Gigi and Kendall benefit from having rich families already in the public eyes. Young kids (and adults) look at their lives of endless designer clothes and holidays to exotic locales and aspired to be like them. That's what most of these style bloggers, guru and instagram models are selling - aspirations. Straight from Charles Revlon's branding playbook. Some of these kids will grow out of it. For others it could results in continued frustration and unhappiness when this life that they aspire to remain out of reach. I'm sure some psychologists or sociologists are devising studies to look into this as I type.

They probably have a lot of 'haters' following them as well. I have some people I follow just to justify my 'hatred' is justified.
    arie_skop likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarker View Post
    Social medias have kicked out the "middlemen" so to speak. These days, instead of some magazines or talent agents telling us who's hot, the public can decides for themselves by their likes and whatsnot. Gigi and Kendall benefit from having rich families already in the public eyes. Young kids (and adults) look at their lives of endless designer clothes and holidays to exotic locales and aspired to be like them. That's what most of these style bloggers, guru and instagram models are selling - aspirations. Straight from Charles Revlon's branding playbook. Some of these kids will grow out of it. For others it could results in continued frustration and unhappiness when this life that they aspire to remain out of reach. I'm sure some psychologists or sociologists are devising studies to look into this as I type.
    They represent a fake reality as many teens do aspire their lifestyle and hope for a quick rich scheme to live this luxury and glamorous lifestyle. I find it's so common now for Generation Y to create personal blogs or instagram accounts to promote their own life and act like celebrities instead of working in the "real" world. As Warhol said "everyone will have their 15 minutes of fame"

I don't know why Gigi gets more exposure than her sister Bella. Bella is so much more beautiful. She is more model material.

^I wouldn't call that one beautiful, even after the nose job, but she's definitely more interesting looking.

But Gigi and Kendall set the bar so, so low, that even the other Hadid looks interesting in comparison.
    arie_skop likes this.

Gold Member

Kendall has one expression: stunned on a stick. Nice to know that's all it takes for supermodel status.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_On_TheWall View Post
    I don't know why Gigi gets more exposure than her sister Bella. Bella is so much more beautiful. She is more model material.
    My understanding is that Bella isn't working as much (turning stuff down) because she also (this is up for debate amongst gossipers) has Lyme disease, as well as her brother Anwar and of course, mother Yolanda.

All three of those children are gorgeous, in my humble opinion. But super model? Nah.
    arie_skop likes this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Gigi is much better looking and more recognisable than Bella even after Bella's ps IMO.

It's about height and recognition factor as well as looks so that they can sell a product.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    exactly, gigi and kendall have the most followers compared to most models so they score the big contracts...eg Victoria Secrets
    Going out on a limb here..... but I would say 1/2 of their followers are fake accounts. Not sure how all that works but there have been enough stories about it and the fact that most of the Kardashians use filter apps and photoshop.
    SHELLEE, arie_skop and rollo like this.

I actually think Kendall is pretty. I think she had a good chance of making it as a model on her own, if she had tried. I know I'm in the minority here, but I do think she's got the look. I still hate the family with a passion The other one, Gigi, she's meh.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Let's face it, after Vogue put a Kardashian on the cover, all bets were off....
    Post of the muthafucking year.
    Jazzy likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by PecanPie View Post
    Kendall has one expression: stunned on a stick. Nice to know that's all it takes for supermodel status.

I find Kendall so dull

Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    Going out on a limb here..... but I would say 1/2 of their followers are fake accounts. Not sure how all that works but there have been enough stories about it and the fact that most of the Kardashians use filter apps and photoshop.
    Actually Ive heard that most of Kylie's followers are fake, or the amount of "likes" a picture receives are fake

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    I find Kendall so dull
    She should now be known as kendull.
    arie_skop, czb, Angeli and 1 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information