Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Vivienne Westwood Doesn't Shower: 'I Just Wash My Bits And Rush Out'

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    I can confirm this and i am no doctor.My skin is dry and itchy.Needs extra moist products(i hate them and rarely use them)and my cousin doc told me to shower only with water ..
    Effie,switch to a body wash that contains shey butter or coconut oil.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I did,my youngest even bought me a new Nivea body conditioner,you just splash it on your body and rinse it off.All is good for a few days..then i am back to normal and scratching..

I did,my youngest even bought me a new Nivea body conditioner,you just splash it on your body and rinse it off.All is good for a few days..then i am back to normal and scratching..
    Well,try baby oil. It soaks right on on babies,maybe you. You either put on body cream after while the skin is still damp or stop showering. You know perfectly well you are not going to stop showering. I slather on cream,in a few minutes it is gone but my skin is like silk.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I have a great-aunt who had a similar philosophy, she was in her 80's the last time I heard from her and she said she only washed certain parts everyday...armpits, T&A.

I dont bath often but i shower more than once a day.In fact the older i get the more i do it.It relaxes me and relieves back pain.Of course it is warm in here mostly, but then in the summer most people shower all the time.As a result and because i hate body cream,i have body dandruff..lol
    A good exfoliation with an old fashioned wash cloth followed by using raw organic coconut oil (the type you cook with) really will help for most people with dry skin. You put it on right before you get out of the shower, do a quick rinse and blot off with your towel. It will make the bathtub slippery, so beware of that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information