Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Victoria Sellers was convinced by a psychic to forgive her father, Peter Sellers

^^^^
    i loved the world of henry orient! and i remember my mom telling me about it for a long time (i got my love of peter sellers from my parents, both were huge fans but my mom really loves him) but it wasn't an easy movie to track down. finally, was able to get it on dvd and watched it with her and it's such a beautiful coming of age story. and sellers is hilarious in it.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

Back to GR level snark - doesn't he look a total douche with his Guido pout in the pic with Lynne Fredericks.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Yes, he really thought he was IT. I remember a story he told about Priscilla Presley begging him for a date after Elvis died. Such arrogance about his ugly famous self and such nastiness at home.

A*O

There's an excellent biopic called, I think, The Life And Death Of Peter Sellers with PS played by Geoffrey Rush. It captures the douchery very well. Worth watching.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I remember Lynne Fredericks as the doomed Jewish girl in Voyage of the Damned...her storyline was so tragic.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Thanks, I'm going to look for that movie. Charlize plays Britt.

Regular streaming, good quality, just click where it says continue to file (In green). I'm watching it now.

http://www.firedrive.com/file/0F3CCA152F42A297

Last edited by Chalet; May 16th, 2014 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Kathie - don't apologize for liking Sellers. Some can separate the person from the creative talent. I do. The World of Henry Orient was a very important film when I was a tween. I think it may have started the gossip bug. Sitting on your bed with your best friend reading movie magazines and wondering about their lives. The other one I loved was The Magic Christian with Ringo and an all star cast. Oh, and Alice B. Toklas!
    Yes, to all three! I especially loved The World Of Henry Orient. Must watch again soon...

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    [INDENT]

Hey, I just decided to go to IMDB and see if Lom said anything about Sellers, and BINGO, an amazing quote from Lom on this EXACT topic:
    Peter Sellers was always a mixed-up guy, a childish fellow. But if you're fond of children, you're also fond of childish men. He was always very helpful to me. After he was famous and when I was still in trouble with the US embassy, he wrote a letter in support of me which was magnificent. But it is true that he was very cruel to his children. He was so hurt by the way children treat you when you're their father. I have been hurt by my children. But he was not in possession of a proper brain when it came to these things.

I fucking love Lom! He probably should have written some parenting books!
    Ha! That's great!!! I love Lom too. He had the most amazing eyes and voice and seemed altogether like such a wise, elegant and humorous person. I wish he'd written an autobiography. I actively seek out films with him in them. And I wish I'd seen him in the original London production of "The King and I"...though he is at least on the old soundtrack recording.

His real name? Try to say this: Herbert Karel Angelo Kuchačevič ze Schluderpacheru. Fabulous!
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information