Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Victoria Beckham ‘struggling to compete with handsome David’

Just wanted to observe that David Beckham has a really vague hairline - does he do his own hair implants?

Handsome David? Oh well. I keep saying they're both really not all that much to look as far as beauty goes. Very average. She could, and did, look better when she was young and had more meat on her and she always looks better when she's not trying so hard, but beautiful? Nah, okay to nice looking. Him? Jesus, hardly ever have I seen anybody so overrated, well, him and Shitt: both very average looking white boys with questionable features who both seem to be mostly in love with themselves and their images. It's kinda hard to keep up the false modesty or shyness when you indulge into doing multiple elaborate photoshoots of your physique in a "awww, shucks, I don't know why people think I'm purdy" way when they obviously spent half their time off at the gym.
    Last edited by HWBL; December 7th, 2015 at 04:13 PM. Reason: typo
    panic, Mivvi21 and Flygirl like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

"The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Well, HBWL, if you're using the breathtaking Mr. Beatty as a standard, its hardly fair to the rest of the world. He was sublime. I used to see him occasionally around the studio lot. I only met him once, and for a brief, terrifying moment I thought I was paralyzed. I mean, just for maybe two seconds, my throat seized, and I felt quite literally frozen. Then he spoke, and put out his hand to shake mine with such a natural, singularly sweet smile, and just like that it became the easiest, loveliest meeting. He was somewhat soft-spoken, and I don't think our 'chat' lasted longer than 2 or 3 minutes, but as perfectly gorgeous as his face was back in the mid-80's, what struck me, and stayed with me, was how brilliantly special he made me feel. I know, it sounds so dorky, but I'm telling you, the man looked me in the eyes with complete focus and genuine, truly genuine, interest. God, no wonder women couldn't withstand him if he was like that around them. On my way back to my office, I actually started to shake in a sort of delayed reaction, I guess. Crazy and ridiculous, but please believe me, I met huge stars all the time. Some I liked better than others, most were pleasant and rather ordinary, and a few I was really impressed by and got a real kick out of meeting. Warren Beatty was in a league of his own. Talk about charisma. 30 years later and I still feel a little squeeeeee... and more than a little silly.

That's all I got.
    stella blue and CornFlakegrl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    Well, HBWL, if you're using the breathtaking Mr. Beatty as a standard, its hardly fair to the rest of the world. He was sublime. I used to see him occasionally around the studio lot. I only met him once, and for a brief, terrifying moment I thought I was paralyzed. I mean, just for maybe two seconds, my throat seized, and I felt quite literally frozen. Then he spoke, and put out his hand to shake mine with such a natural, singularly sweet smile, and just like that it became the easiest, loveliest meeting. He was somewhat soft-spoken, and I don't think our 'chat' lasted longer than 2 or 3 minutes, but as perfectly gorgeous as his face was back in the mid-80's, what struck me, and stayed with me, was how brilliantly special he made me feel. I know, it sounds so dorky, but I'm telling you, the man looked me in the eyes with complete focus and genuine, truly genuine, interest. God, no wonder women couldn't withstand him if he was like that around them. On my way back to my office, I actually started to shake in a sort of delayed reaction, I guess. Crazy and ridiculous, but please believe me, I met huge stars all the time. Some I liked better than others, most were pleasant and rather ordinary, and a few I was really impressed by and got a real kick out of meeting. Warren Beatty was in a league of his own. Talk about charisma. 30 years later and I still feel a little squeeeeee... and more than a little silly.

That's all I got.
    1. No, I wasn't even thinking of WB when I wrote that reply; just responding to the - apparently quite general - idea that many people have that Beckham (and Shitt) is handsome.
    2. What a wonderful experience you had. And to think you met him in the mid eighties when he was around 50 and already rapidly losing his good looks.
    3. I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo friggin' jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <wink>
    lindsaywhit likes this.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    I call bullshit on that story.
    I agree, what a load of mysoginistic bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Handsome David? Oh well. I keep saying they're both really not all that much to look as far as beauty goes. Very average. She could, and did, look better when she was young and had more meat on her and she always looks better when she's not trying so hard, but beautiful? Nah, okay to nice looking. Him? Jesus, hardly ever have I seen anybody so overrated, well, him and Shitt: both very average looking white boys with questionable features who both seem to be mostly in love with themselves and their images. It's kinda hard to keep up the false modesty or shyness when you indulge into doing multiple elaborate photoshoots of your physique in a "awww, shucks, I don't know why people think I'm purdy" way when they obviously spent half their time off at the gym.
    Well.... David did/does have to spend time in the gym given that he was a professional athelete; however, he's not attractive & any attractiveness is killed the moment he opens his mouth & his squeeky little voice squeeks out....

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    1. No, I wasn't even thinking of WB when I wrote that reply; just responding to the - apparently quite general - idea that many people have that Beckham (and Shitt) is handsome.
    2. What a wonderful experience you had. And to think you met him in the mid eighties when he was around 50 and already rapidly losing his good looks.
    3. I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo friggin' jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <wink>

Thank God. Meeting him during his 'Splendor in the Grass' ​period would have turned me into a pillar of salt.
    HWBL likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    Thank God. Meeting him during his 'Splendor in the Grass' ​period would have turned me into a pillar of salt.
    Oh, by the way, I posted some tales of other people (grrrrrr) who met WB on several occassions in that thread about meeting celebs, can't remember the correct name of the thread. Most of them are quite similar to your response to him.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

***** celeb

I've just always liked Victoria. She's been pretty open about why she doesn't smile in most shots and she's pretty funny when she's being interviewed. And it's kind of clear that they are pretty good and involved parents (so long as they continue to stay away from that $cieno shit) Plus, I think it is the most obnoxious thing in the world when strangers tell me to smile, so I'm pretty impressed that she hasn't garroted (an underused word) most of the pap/gossip world.
    Sassiness, Novice, sluce and 4 others like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Elite Member

David Beckham left devastated after Romeo gives up soccer

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/david-beckham-left-devastated-after-romeo-gives-up-soccer/ar-AAg8kmG?li=AAabC8j&ocid=

Woman's Day
    1 hour ago

© Provided by Woman's Day

But David Beckham proves again why he’s a grade A dad after he revealed how it felt when his son Romeo, 13, told him he no longer wanted to follow in his footsteps and pursue football.

“The other day Romeo turned around to me and said he didn't want to play football anymore,” the 40-year-old told the Radio Times.

“Part of me was devastated but part of me was relieved too. He's got other passions and I like that,” he admitted.

It seems young Romeo might be following his mum Victoria’ lead as he makes an impressive mark on the fashion industry.

Just recently the 13-year-old appeared in influential brand, Burberry’s latest fashion campaign with the likes of Naomi Campbell and Elton John – and it was met with raving reviews!

While Romeo might be focusing on a couture career, the dad-of-four also explained that all of his kids have a good idea about what direction they want to head in.

Becks explained that his eldest son, 16-year-old Brooklyn, is obsessed with photography.

“Photography is his [Brooklyn’s] passion,” the soccer star told the mag, which is pretty obvious after taking a look at the 16-year-old’s arty Instagram account.

(© Provided by Woman's Day) Earlier this year, Romeo ran the London Marathon for charity.

Although there’s no word yet on where 10-year-old Cruz is headed in life, it seems four-year-old Harper might be the only Beckham to follow David’s career path.

Doting mum Victoria recently revealed her daughter wanted to “play football” rather than take over her mum’s fashion empire, which Posh claimed was like a “dagger through the heart.”

Don’t worry Posh and Becks, you can adopt us!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    God, I hated the Spice Girls.
    A zig a zig ah?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I've just always liked Victoria. She's been pretty open about why she doesn't smile in most shots and she's pretty funny when she's being interviewed. And it's kind of clear that they are pretty good and involved parents (so long as they continue to stay away from that $cieno shit) Plus, I think it is the most obnoxious thing in the world when strangers tell me to smile, so I'm pretty impressed that she hasn't garroted (an underused word) most of the pap/gossip world.
    She was on Ryan Seacrest about it & she was hilarious, also very self depreciating.

(© Provided by Woman's Day) Earlier this year, Romeo ran the London Marathon for charity.

Her legs look pretty good in this photo I was expecting Jolie-legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I agree, what a load of mysoginistic bullshit.
    Yes, right? Because the looks is all that matters in the end. If you can't compete with your handsome husband anymore, he will start cheating.
    Novice, Sassiness and twitchy2.0 like this.
    -

He isn't even a 7.

David is just a nice body, I've never thought his face was all that and his voice pretty much kills the lady boner.
    HWBL likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information