Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Vanilla Ice Arrested

Dum dum dum da da dum

Hit By Ban Bus!

When we lost our house in Colorado, we didn't trash it per se. We left a bunch of shit behind, and we didn't clean it.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

The appliances sound like vandal/idiot kids. I had one seller run off with the appliances that were part of the contract, their listing agent made them put it back. We've had homes broken into and everything stolen. We had one house that had squatters and an illegal frow setup. Wiring removed, toilets, fun stuff. The most recent crazy is an agent buying a house for investment, 2 days before cash closing there is magically 20k worth of damage to the kitchen and she needs us to renegotiate the price, not happening.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

We looked at a bunch of foreclosures when we were hunting a few years back. Most of them needed major work because the former owners destroyed them then thieves came in and stripped out the wiring and copper piping. We saw many where the previous owners did petty stuff like take appliance knobs or handles from cabinets. Just silly. It's your own damn fault you built/bought a home you couldn't afford.

My husband's Aunt died a few weeks ago and we in the process of cleaning, rehabbing and selling her house. We put lights on timers, have the snow plowed, leave the TV running or radio and hubby goes up once a day to grab mail and check it out. We are sure it will be ransacked. We are piling the junk in the garage because we think once "they" see a dumpster, they will know the house is empty and come gut it. It has copper pipes so they will destroy the walls to get to it. We should probably install and alarm.
    sluce, Kittylady and KrisNine like this.

Vanilla Ice: Why He Told Cops He Thought He Could Take Stolen Property
    By MICHAEL ROTHMAN February 19, 2015 6:03 PM Good Morning America

According to the arrest report from Lantana, Florida, Police, Vanilla Ice - born Robert Van Winkle - said he thought the items he was arrested for stealing were "trash" left on the curb.

The former rapper was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail last night and charged with burglary residence and grand theft, according to a Chief Sean Scheller at the Lantana Police Department. He was released from jail on bond.

In the arrest report obtained by ABC News on Thursday, the interview Van Winkle, 47, had with police states the rapper said "he was going to purchase" the home where the goods were taken from, even though he "did not have any type of contract or down payment on the property."

He added, according to the report, that "he found several of the items next to the curb and he thought they were trash."

Van Winkle also admitted to lying to others that he had already purchased the home, when he had not, according to the report.

The home in question, in Palm Beach County, is located near a residence that the former rapper actually does own and is renovating. According to authorities, the missing items -- which included furniture, a pool heater, bicycles and other items -- were found at Van Winkle's property and later returned to the owner.

The total value of the items found at Van Winkle's home totaled more than $6,000, according to the report.

The police also spoke with a foreman for Van Winkle, who told them he was instructed to remove some of the allegedly stolen property and take it to Van Winkle's home in Lake Worth, Florida, the report adds. The foreman told police he didn't think he did anything wrong because the rapper told him he owned the house.

Van Winkle, who is perhaps best known for his hit song, "Ice Ice Baby," has a home renovation show on the DIY Network, "The Vanilla Ice Project.

A rep for Van Winkle did not respond to a request for comment.

After being released from jail, Van Winkle spoke to West Palm Beach, Florida, ABC affiliate WPBF. "It's just out of proportion I wish you guys would focus on the good things I've done," he told the station. Asked if the incident is part of his reality show, he laughed and said, "I wish it was--there's nothing fun about this. I wish everyone the best and maybe the good news will travel this fast."
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I like his face when he was younger. It looked very neat, trim, tidy, and model-like:

Many, many moons ago I used to own a real estate brokerage and highly specialized in foreclosures. Government HUDs and local bank foreclosures. Let me tell you....this happens so, so, so often, it's commonplace. Here in Wisconsin.

The lein holder (the bank) would send me an email staing they had a home in pre-foreclosure (homeowners had defaulted enough for the bank to start the process, but it was not yet official or filed). I'd either go to the home, or send one of my agents out to check if it was still occupied or not. If occupied, we'd try to offer them cash to leave so we could circumnavigate using the court to remove them. Most of the time, the houses were already vacated when they came to me.
    We'd kick the door open, change locks and if there were still personal belongings, we'd hire a company to trash it out and clean it to showing condition. Many times this was still when the owners' name was still on the deed, and not the banks' name....so technically, the defaulted owners still owned the place. I'd gauge how recently the owners were there by whether or not the lawn was mowed (if it was summer) or if the driveway was plowed (if it was winter). If I couldn't tell by outside upkeep, I'd wait until sundown to drive by and see if there were lights on.
    Often, if there was cool stuff in the house, we'd take it for ourselves before scheduling the trash out. Every agent that ever worked for me did it. I did it.
    There were a couple of times the homeowners would come back to the home and find the locks changed. I even had one where a man kept living in the garage of the home and I had no idea.
    Anyway, I'm not sure what the details are for this case, but holy shit, it sounds pretty similar to what I did. I'm just thankful I never got in trouble. I'm not sure what it's like now, but back then (5 years ago, or so), it was a really shady and highly unregulated process....and I'm sure I'd have absolutely no legal ground to stand if a homeowner ever went to the police. Yikes!
    Oh....and there were definitely a few times where I (or one of my agents) would decide we wanted to buy the property as a flipper. We'd go in and start work on it before it was even available to be marketed, let alone sold....or have any unauthorized remodeling done.
    Real estate is fucking shady. I'm so glad I got out.
    And that's my really long story
    sluce likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information