Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unemployed Anne Heche can't afford to pay child support

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Well, the thread title just says 'child support' but the article says she is paying $1500 in child AND spousal support.
    Well, it still doesn't mean he isn't working. Lots of women work and collect spousal support. And by Hollywood standards, 15,000/month is pittance.

I guess it just bugs me that when a man receives child/spousal support, everyone assumes he's jobless or lazy or a leech. No one says anything when it's the woman. I know a few single fathers who have custody and they do a better job parenting than some mothers I've seen.

Perhaps she can give Steve Martin a ring. He's got lots of scratch. Help a sister out Steve!

I don't like this chick. Never have.

Isn't child support determined by income? Maybe she needs to go back to court to have that adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Well, it still doesn't mean he isn't working. Lots of women work and collect spousal support. And by Hollywood standards, 15,000/month is pittance.

I guess it just bugs me that when a man receives child/spousal support, everyone assumes he's jobless or lazy or a leech. No one says anything when it's the woman.
    I've seen women who receive alimony described in similar terms here at GR, but in society at large, you're right, people are much more likely to get down on a man who receives spousal support.

Anne cheated, so she gets no sympathy from me, but in marriages where neither party is particularly to blame, I don't believe either sex should be entitled to live in luxury just because they were married to someone earning a lot of money. They can live modestly like the rest of us. I also think alimony should be limited to five years or so- I know women who are basically being supported by two men, and can go on that way forever as long as they don't officially marry their new lover. Ridiculous.

I know a few single fathers who have custody and they do a better job parenting than some mothers I've seen.
    Yes... I think a lot of good fathers get raw deals in divorces.

It is my understanding that she gave up custody so she could pursue her new love interest. That was more important than being a fulltime mom. The ex husband is entitled to child support and he does work. The support is supposed to be based on income as someone pointed out. Her income level has now changed so they will do an adjustment once she proves her new income level.

Quote Originally Posted by ariesallover View Post
    I get peeved when someone cries poverty and has more than one home. Just . . . no.
    Yeah, me too.

Laffoon DOESN'T need that much money, but bitch, please. You want to see poor? Ugh. STFU.

Isn't this karma really? She did the lesbian thing with Ellen to move up the ladder, then left her. She married Coley, who obviously is a self sufficent man. Now, she is the target and being leeched upon.

Payback.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    It is my understanding that she gave up custody so she could pursue her new love interest. That was more important than being a fulltime mom. The ex husband is entitled to child support and he does work. The support is supposed to be based on income as someone pointed out. Her income level has now changed so they will do an adjustment once she proves her new income level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    I've seen women who receive alimony described in similar terms here at GR, but in society at large, you're right, people are much more likely to get down on a man who receives spousal support.

Anne cheated, so she gets no sympathy from me, but in marriages where neither party is particularly to blame, I don't believe either sex should be entitled to live in luxury just because they were married to someone earning a lot of money. They can live modestly like the rest of us. I also think alimony should be limited to five years or so- I know women who are basically being supported by two men, and can go on that way forever as long as they don't officially marry their new lover. Ridiculous.

Yes... I think a lot of good fathers get raw deals in divorces.
    Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post

I guess it just bugs me that when a man receives child/spousal support, everyone assumes he's jobless or lazy or a leech. No one says anything when it's the woman. I know a few single fathers who have custody and they do a better job parenting than some mothers I've seen.

I agree with all of you 100%, you said it better than I could!
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I don't think anyone should get spousal support. NO ONE. Just because you were married to someone doesn't mean they have taken you to raise, get off your ass, get a job and support yourself. Although I know a lot of people that get support aren't capable of taking care of themselves because they have always expected someone else to. It's really sad that they have done nothing with their own lives to secure their own future.

Coley Laffoon's family is loaded. He doesn't need the cash.

I think all that money should go to the kid's future therapy because he got stuck with such a shiteous name. He's the real loser here.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Homer Laffoon? Really???

Damn..girl should go back to looking for those aliens in the desert..maybe they could help the girl out with a loan or something?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

boo hoo... wonder how she feels about Ellen being engaged. Karma sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Homer Laffoon? Really???
    damn. i hope that kid has a lot of character.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information