Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Uma Thurman Reveals She Almost Died in a Stunt That Quentin Tarantino Made Her Do

I want to hear what Quentin has to say about Weinstein and this. Maybe he was waiting for Uma to go first. He is still one of my all time favorite directors but it sounds like he was damn lucky not to end up with John Landis with a dead star on his hands.
    SHELLEE and lindsaywhit like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I think he alluded to the relationship 2ith Uma when Stern intervirlewed him. But now I'm wondering if I'm actually remembering Mira Sorvino.

Uma Thurman Elaborates on 'Kill Bill' Car Accident, Doesn't Blame Quentin Tarantino

Uma Thurman is speaking out to give more information on what happened after she was injured in a car accident on the Kill Bill set and explain why she forgives director Quentin Tarantino.
    The actress spoke to The New York Times for an interview released this past weekend, in which she claimed Tarantinoforced her to do the car stunt against her will.
    The car crashed into a palm tree andUma says she still experiences neck and knee pain from the injuries she suffered.

“i post this clip to memorialize it’s full exposure in the nyt by Maureen Dowd,” Uma wrote on Instagram with a clip of the car stunt gone wrong. “the circumstances of this event were negligent to the point of criminality. i do not believe though with malicious intent.”

Quentin Tarantino, was deeply regretful and remains remorseful about this sorry event, and gave me the footage years later so i could expose it and let it see the light of day, regardless of it most likely being an event for which justice will never be possible,” she said. “he also did so with full knowledge it could cause him personal harm, and i am proud of him for doing the right thing and for his courage.”

“THE COVER UP after the fact is UNFORGIVABLE. for this i hold Lawrence Bender, E. Bennett Walsh, and the notorious Harvey Weinstein solely responsible. they lied, destroyed evidence, and continue to lie about the permanent harm they caused and then chose to suppress,” Uma added. “the cover up did have malicious intent, and shame on these three for all eternity. CAA never sent anyone to Mexico. i hope they look after other clients more respectfully if they in fact want to do the job for which they take money with any decency.”

Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News | Just Jared
    gas_chick likes this.

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Ah ok, now I see why she told this story along with Weinstein's assault on her.
    gas_chick likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

The truth is we're all damaged when power is abused, and power is almost always abused when in the hands of men who feel entitled to it. It's not going to change until we address the imbalance of power distribution - in other words, when people of color and women, and most urgently, women of color, are given seats at the table. We have a ton of work to do.
    Melyanna and idunno like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think he alluded to the relationship 2ith Uma when Stern intervirlewed him. But now I'm wondering if I'm actually remembering Mira Sorvino.
    I need a coffee. I actually tried to pronounce that in my head several times.
    Mrs P and dallison like this.
    -

Quentin Tarantino Speaks Out About Uma Thurman 'Kill Bill' Crash: 'It Is The Biggest Regret of My Life'

Quentin Tarantino is opening up about Uma Thurman‘s Kill Bill car crash that almost killed her.
    In an in-depth interview with Deadline, the 54-year-old director admits that he is “guilty” for putting Uma in the car “but not the way that people are saying I am guilty of it.”
    “It’s the biggest regret of my life, getting her to do that stunt,” Quentin explained.
    Quentin went on to explain that he did not force Uma to drive the car and he truly believed it to be safe.

“None of us ever considered it a stunt. It was just driving. None of us looked at it as a stunt. Maybe we should have, but we didn’t. I’m sure when it was brought up to me, that I rolled my eyes and was irritated. But I’m sure I wasn’t in a rage and I wasn’t livid. I didn’t go barging into Uma’s trailer, screaming at her to get into the car,” Quentin said.
    He added, “I told her it would be safe. And it wasn’t. I was wrong. I didn’t force her into the car. She got into it because she trusted me. And she believed me.”

Quentin noted that while they are still unsure why the accident occurred, it may have been in part due to a last minute change in the cars direction on the path.

“It was heartbreaking. Beyond one of the biggest regrets of my career, it is one of the biggest regrets of my life,” Quentin said.
    Read all that Quentin had to say on Deadline.com.

Quentin Tarantino Speaks Out About Uma Thurman ?Kill Bill? Crash: ?It Is The Biggest Regret of My Life? | Quentin Tarantino, Uma Thurman : Just Jared

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

I'm glad he is able to regret it and Uma is still here.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I'm glad he is able to regret it and Uma is still here.
    Me too. Like you? He's one of my favorite directors, I love his movies. I always thought they had a friends with benefits type relationship and was shocked to hear this.
    lindsaywhit and gas_chick like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

'F**k this guy': Busy Philipps sounds off on Quentin Tarantino as she says 'I'm embarrassed I auditioned for him' after shocking Polanski comments resurface

By Dailymail.com Reporter

Busy Philipps has hit out at movie director Quentin Tarantino after an interview emerged of him defending Roman Polanski for raping a 13-year-old girl.
    The 38-year-old actress posted a flurry of angry tweets on Monday night slamming the Pulp Fiction director and saying she's sorry she ever auditioned for him.
    Sharing a link to the audio of Tarantino's shocking comments in a Howard Stern interview from 2003, Philipps wrote: 'F**K THIS GUY.
    She continued: 'F**k anyone who works with him. I'm embarrassed that I ever auditioned for him. F**k him.'

Recalling a time when she auditioned for the 54-year-old, Philipps wrote: 'That I f**king showed up in SHORT SHORTS AND FLIP FLOPS as requested because I WANTED THE JOB. This business sucks and enables predators and F***ING ENOUGH.'
    She added: 'Btw this was 10 year ago. I'm SURE IM TOO F***ING OLD NOW.'
    Her final tweet in the series read: 'Ok. Sorry. I have to go put my two girls to bed and pray that they they get to grow up in a world where drugging and raping a child at 13 isn't laughed off in a radio

The Howard Stern interview in question took place 15 years ago and sees Tarantino passionately defending Polanski for eight minutes.
    Polanski was charged with drugging and raping a 13-year-old girl in 1977. He pleaded guilty to unlawful sex with a minor, but fled to France before his sentencing.
    Despite this, Tarantino insisted Polanski was not a rapist and claimed the girl 'was down to party with Roman' – despite co-host Robin Quivers reminding him that she had been drugged and plied with alcohol.

+5

F**K HIM': The 38-year-old angrily tweeted numerous messages on Monday in response to the newly resurfaced 2003 interview

""He didn't rape a 13-year-old. It was statutory rape, that's not quite the same thing,' Tarantino said.
    'He had sex with a minor. That's not rape. To me, when you use the word rape, you're talking about violent, throwing them down... it's like one of the most violent crimes in the world.
    'You can't throw the word 'rape' around, it's like throwing the word 'racist' around. It doesn't apply to everything people use it for. He was guilty of having sex with a minor.'
    Shockingly, Tarantino continued: 'She wanted to have it. Dated the guy… and by the way, we're talking about America's morals, we're not talking about the morals in Europe and everything.' The resurfaced interview comes at a time when the film-maker has faced scrutiny over his directing style after footage was released of Uma Thurman’s car crash on the set of Kill Bill in 2003, and the actress also alleged she was sexually assaulted by Harvey Weinstein, who produced the movie.
    Tarantino has responded to the interview with Thurman in the New York Times in which she revealed she had an enormous fight with the director after the car crashed and accused him of trying to kill her.
    Tarantino said that persuading the actress to perform a car-driving scene on the set of Kill Bill -- which ended with her in the hospital -- is the 'biggest regret' of his life.
    Meanwhile, Diane Kruger has backed Tarantino over a scene in Inglourious Basterds in which she was choked by the director.

Kruger described working with Tarantino as 'pure joy' as she offered support to him and Thurman after the Inglourious Basterds scene was referenced by Tarantino in an article explaining his actions on the set of Kill Bill.
    Kruger wrote on Instagram: 'In light of the recent allegations made by Uma Thurman against Harvey Weinstein and her terrifying work experience on Kill Bill, my name has been mentioned in numerous articles in regards to the choking scene in Inglourious Basterds.
    'This is an important moment in time and my heart goes out to Uma and anyone who has ever been the victim of sexual assault and abuse. I stand with you.
    'For the record however, I would like to say that my work experience with Quentin Tarantino was pure joy. He treated me with utter respect and never abused his power or forced me to do anything I wasn’t comfortable with.'

Read more: Busy Philipps sounds off about Quentin Tarantino | Daily Mail Online

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

While I won't defend Quentin for defending Polanski, it is bullshit to say that he only works with young actors/actresses. One of my favorite things about him is how he pulls older actors that haven't worked in forever out of the air and puts them in his movies.

I was already to jump all over Busy for not taking a similar stance over Bijou's rapist hubby.
    Busy and Bijou aren't related.

OCD

This is a huge glaring mistake many men make; that it has to be violent for it to be rape. Most rape victims are raped by persons they know- friends or even family.

We are groomed to feel responsible for men’s boners. I don’t know about anyone else, but a big part of me not fighting back physically as a child was the implanted idea that if a man becomes aroused it is because YOU MADE HIM, and good girls don’t tease. Not to mention the frequent pairing of intoxicants to further increase the odds of the rapist being able to get his rape on without acting like “a real rapist.” Because we all know it ain’t rape unless there’s screaming and a gun to your head.

Needless to say say children can’t consent.

Fuck all these pieces of shit and their boner sympathies.
    Last edited by OCD; February 7th, 2018 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Clarity
    redcat and Trixie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I want to hear what Quentin has to say about Weinstein and this. Maybe he was waiting for Uma to go first. He is still one of my all time favorite directors but it sounds like he was damn lucky not to end up with John Landis with a dead star on his hands.
    I like his movies and he has excellent taste in music. Unfortunately, he's a pain the the arse to work with according to someone close that has been a production manager for some of his films.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information