Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree415Likes

Thread: U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia dies at 79

& rightly so. Mother Theresa would be unqualified (she wasn't a lawyer).
    No shit?
    AgentOrange likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I am livid right now. As I was watching the local news a commercial came on about appointing a new SCJ, sponsored by a group called Judicial Crisis Network. They state that the people must elect a new president and the new president must then appoint the new justice. They the urge you to call your senator, in my case Pat Toomey, to thank them for saying they will not let Obama proceed. I called 202-224-3121. You enter your zip code and are then connected to the office of your state senator. I left a message letting Toomey know that the people already spoke when we elected Obama and I expect him to do his job and proceed with the process. I encourage others to call too.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I didn't vote for Obama, but I sure as hell feel it is his RIGHT and JOB to elect a SCOTUS justice. He's not even close to the end of his term. Why on EARTH would any POTUS give up the chance to elect someone so important? This is just batshit insane.
    HWBL, sluce, Mrs P and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I didn't vote for Obama, but I sure as hell feel it is his RIGHT and JOB to elect a SCOTUS justice. He's not even close to the end of his term. Why on EARTH would any POTUS give up the chance to elect someone so important? This is just batshit insane.
    That and downright RACIST. That has been their biggest problem with him since the campaign for the 2008 elections began; that they were up against a non caucasian. Remember the toy monkeys that were brought to Repug rallies? It's the ff-ing 00's and STILL people don't want equality.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

So if I get the question 'how long is a president's term' on my citizenship test, the correct answer is going to be 3 years?

No, HWBL, I certainly don't remember monkeys at the rallies. I have zero tolerance for that kind of shit. I had a hard time with that election. I didn't feel Obama had enough experience and I *really* liked McCain. Until he picked Palin. Then when it was down to Obama and McCain (after he picked Palin), I felt like I had no one to get behind and lost interest ... kinda like I feel now. Only now it's just a train wreck that no one can look away from.

I feel like as I've evolved politically over the years, it's really difficult for someone like me (and lots of others) that kind of identify as center. When I was staunchly conservative, it was easy, obviously, to choose where my vote went. Now that I'm pretty much center, leaning just a bit right, I haven't been able to find anyone in a long time where I could vote my conscious. At least not anyone that has/had any chance of getting in office.

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    So if I get the question 'how long is a president's term' on my citizenship test, the correct answer is going to be 3 years?
    No, it's 4 years - unless the President is black, extremely successful and democratic, and a conservative SC judge dies and the President must fulfill his constitutional duties of nominating a new judge DURING the last year of his presidency. If the President is white and Republican, he/she may do whatever it takes to be President for the entire time.

It's obvious you didn't do your partisan politics research here!

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    No, HWBL, I certainly don't remember monkeys at the rallies. I have zero tolerance for that kind of shit. I had a hard time with that election. I didn't feel Obama had enough experience and I *really* liked McCain. Until he picked Palin. Then when it was down to Obama and McCain (after he picked Palin), I felt like I had no one to get behind and lost interest ... kinda like I feel now. Only now it's just a train wreck that no one can look away from.

I feel like as I've evolved politically over the years, it's really difficult for someone like me (and lots of others) that kind of identify as center. When I was staunchly conservative, it was easy, obviously, to choose where my vote went. Now that I'm pretty much center, leaning just a bit right, I haven't been able to find anyone in a long time where I could vote my conscious. At least not anyone that has/had any chance of getting in office.
    Time for a trip down memory lane:

And one from the 2012 elections:

twitchy2.0 and A*O like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

What's a half breed Muslin?
    Mrs P, hustle4alivin and Angeli like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Thanks for that, HWBL. Painful as it is to see. It is a reminder of how many people revealed themselves to be racist, bigoted, hysterical jackasses, while Obama, for whatever faults he has, has conducted himself with dignity while in office.

Geez, those are atrocious. The one that really freaks me out is the rope around Obama's neck. Still not a fan of his, but I respect him because I respect the position of POTUS. Once someone is elected, regardless of if I voted for them, that person is now my president.

I get that all of the above is covered under free speech. And I get that free speech is very important to our society. It just shocks me that people want THAT kind of speech. Go back to Kenya and the n-word? Is that the best we can do? Really?
    Angeli, Sassiness and Serendipity like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    What's a half breed Muslin?
    muslin/polyester blend
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Washable?

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Washable?
    Yes, but keep the iron setting low.
    Brookie likes this.

So is Scalia buried yet? I hope they staked him and buried him at the crossroads.
    Brah, Brookie and sluce like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information