Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Twitter Founder Jack Dorsey Eats 1 Meal Per Weekday & Zero Meals on the Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    All of this sounds like my worst nightmare. I've eaten 3 times already TODAY and haven't even started on lunch yet.

He's got some serious control issues.
    All that crap he does sounds like needless torture to me. Seems like this guy is a masochist or a self abuser. No way in hell would I punish myself like that for no damn reason.

No meals on the weekend would kill me . One meal a day is perfectly doable . I switch between 16/8 and omad , depending on my schedule for the day and how hungry I am .
    sprynkles likes this.

There’s intermittent fasting, and there’s eating disorders.
    Sounds like this guy has crossed that line.
    and agree that’s it’s super trendy with tech types and wannabe tech/entrepreneurial types. I think it just makes them sound like even bigger assholes than they already are.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

silicon valley richie nerd checklist:

1. tesla. the S or the X, not the 3!
    2. IF
    3. allbirds. everyone wears them. and the women who don't wear rothy's
    4. pilates and/or suspended yoga

there's probably more but i need to look at my neighbor and see what i'm missing.

I eat once a day after work. If I eat in the morning or afternoon, I totally get a food coma and need an hour nap. Had to google allbirds and rothy's because I had no clue. Pass.

My first thought was that this is totally an eating disorder. I get busy at work and have to remind myself to eat or I will get sick. But then I love to eat which brings me to my second point. If I were a billionaire, I would want to try every food I could find and learn how to cook all of it.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

czb

well, there is a movement of the ultra-low calorie intake peeps. but that is different than IF. it's pretty extreme. i personally don't know anyone who does it but i've read about it from time to time. it's basically committing to a lifetime of severe calorie restriction. yikes

BBC - Future - The secret to a long and healthy life? Eat less

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318902.php

I've heard of that, 1000-1200 calories daily? I think that's hard core but can have real benefits. (I mean, ~1200 cals is what is recommended for most women for weight loss). Unfortunately, it seems to attract people who are really just orthorexics.
    Brookie and Mrs P like this.

I would think eating the way this guy does would screw with your metabolism.
    Kittylady likes this.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I've heard of that, 1000-1200 calories daily? I think that's hard core but can have real benefits. (I mean, ~1200 cals is what is recommended for most women for weight loss). Unfortunately, it seems to attract people who are really just orthorexics.
    the studies i've seen (really small populations, though) suggested that they have long term health benefits, including longevity. the calorie intake i've seen for women is 800-1200. that seems like it would be hard to sustain long term. i doubt i could do it.
    Beeyotch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I would think eating the way this guy does would screw with your metabolism.
    If it's long term calorie restriction, yes, it would totally screw it up. The alternating days/weekends etc is what keeps your body from adapting.

But still. Fasting does lower metabolism, I was so cold when I did 24-30 hour fasts. And the psychological hunger gets to you when the rest of the world functions around meals, even if physiological hunger is dulled.

I really think I'd advocate it only for obese people or T2 diabetics to lose weight. People within 20 lbs of normal weight, it's just too extreme.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information