Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree310Likes

Thread: Topless photos of Kate Middleton published

Was Jackie O ever able to sue over those photos taken of her on Skorpios? Those were way more scandalous.
    Mrs P likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Love love View Post
    I don't think Kate deserves the "well that's what you get for sunbathing topless" comments that she will inevitably get. It implies that she did something wrong and she didn't.
    Then why should she object to publishing photos of her doing nothing wrong?
    dilligaf likes this.

Because it is still an invasion of privacy. It's not like she strolled on to a public beach and removed her top. I do a lot of shit at my home that is not "wrong" but I don't necessarily want you all to see. Hell I had sex on my back deck the other night but I expect privacy in my backyard. (just hope the neigbors who can see down into my yard were asleep since their lights were of..)
    Lenny, snoopqueen, d2791 and 2 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by milagro View Post
    Just because you're doing nothing wrong, doesn't mean you want it published for the world to see.
    Jana, Butterfly and Kittylady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Because it is still an invasion of privacy. It's not like she strolled on to a public beach and removed her top. I do a lot of shit at my home that is not "wrong" but I don't necessarily want you all to see. Hell I had sex on my back deck the other night but I expect privacy in my backyard. (just hope the neigbors who can see down into my yard were asleep since their lights were of..)
    Well just as you took risk of your neighbors seeing you, Kate took risk of there being a photo of her topless. You were luckier this time.

Seriously? Idgaf who sees me topless in passing, but I don't want the photographs made public for any yahoo with an internet connection to see whenever they choose. It should be entirely up to Kate to decide who sees how much of her and when.

Why can't we feel sympathy for her just because she misjudged the risk and was unlucky?

Well just as you took risk of your neighbors seeing you, Kate took risk of there being a photo of her topless. You were luckier this time.
    Is that Sad Keanu in your avi?
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Yes, I would expect some reasonable expectation of privacy if I'm that far away.
    Kittylady, Cali, Butterfly and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I have gone topless on the beach before and I will likely do it again. But then I'm not a public figure and all that, so only pervs would be interested in taking my picture, and they certainly aren't going to be making a huge profit from doing it. I hope Kate fucking ruins that publication so bad it has to shut down.
    It's quite a small new-ish publication & look what I found on their home site UK
    WWW.CLOSERONLINE.CO.UK IS CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES AND WE ARE WORKING TO RECTIFY THE FAULT.

Statement from Paul Keenan, Chief Executive of Bauer Media, in connection with the publication by Closer France of pictures of Prince William and his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge.
    As the owners of the Closer brand and publishers of Closer magazine we have complained in the strongest terms to the licensee of Closer France, over the publication by them of photographs of their Royal Highnesses, Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge.

We deplore the publication of these intrusive and offensive pictures and have asked that Closer France takes these pictures down immediately from its website and desist from publishing any further pictures.

Bauer Media and Closer UK regards publication of these photographs as a gross intrusion of their Royal Highnesses’ privacy.

We were not aware in advance of the purchase of these photographs or of any intention to publish. We have absolutely no control over the editorial decisions of Closer France.

In the light of their publication, we are now urgently discussing this matter with our licensee and reviewing the terms of our licence agreement with Closer France.

Like our readers we are appalled and regret the pain the publication of these photographs has caused.
    Appalled! I tell you!!!

So, so much for "France's strict privacy laws". What out Brangie!!

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Janet296 View Post

Yes, I would expect some reasonable expectation of privacy if I'm that far away.
    So would I. Regardless of who the pictures were of this was still a gross invasion of privacy. It wasn't like the photographer just had to jump over an ordinary garden fence to get the shots. They were in private grounds in a rural area and well away from the road. Hell, if I was somewhere like that I might consider slapping on the highest factor suncream available and be risking singeing my pasty white everything for a little au naturale sunshine and swimming.

(ps Go Sluce, you randy wench! )
    Kat Scorp likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

mjw
    Elite Member

Emma Roberts has weighed in on the scandal.

Expert: Kate Middleton Topless Photos Have 'Broken French Privacy Laws'

LONDON - The French magazine that published topless pictures of the Duchess of Cambridge is breaking strict French privacy laws, but is likely to be willing to take the risk for the boost in sales, experts say, according to the Guardian.

Privacy laws in France are considered to be among the most robust in the world, with leading politicians regularly using courts to prevent the publication of embarrassing photos that would be innocuous by the standards of British tabloids, the Guardian said.

Thomas Roussineau, who specializes in privacy law, said the French magazine Closer had undoubtedly broken the country's privacy laws by publishing photos of the duchess on holiday in Provence.

"It is totally forbidden," he said. "The castle is not the street, it is in a private place, and they are intimate pictures."

But he said it was likely the magazine had weighed up the potential cost of a fine against the revenue the photos would bring.

"They will have a big revenue, and the amount of the sentence will not equal the revenue they will make, it will be a very small part of the revenue they will have from these pictures," Roussineau said.

Closer's editor-in-chief defended her decision to publish. Laurence Pieau described the photos as a "beautiful series" that showed a couple in love and were in no way degrading. She said the magazine had more intimate shots from the same series that it opted not to publish, said the Guardian.

"There's been an over-reaction to these photos. What we see is a young couple, who just got married, who are very much in love, who are splendid," Pieau told French BFM television. "She's a real 21st century princess. It's a young woman who is topless, the same as you can see on any beach in France or around the world."

The U.K. edition of Closer magazine moved to distance itself from the French publication and said it would never use the shots. The U.K. publisher issued a statement to clarify that the French edition was printed under license by another firm and both magazines made editorial decisions independently.

"Closer magazine U.K. is published by Bauer Consumer Media. The French edition meanwhile is published under a license by a totally different company, an Italian business called Mondadori."

Mondadori, which is owned by Silvio Berlusconi's Fininvest, did not comment on the publication, said the Guardian.
    Kate Middleton Topless Photos: Closer 'Has Broken French Privacy Laws' - Hollywood Reporter

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    I feel sorry for her. I think the palace are right to sue because it will only get worse and nobody wants another Diana situation. .
    I think that's a big reason why they sued: to set the tone that they won't tolerate it escalating into how Diana was treated.

I do feel badly for her though.. this situation is unfortunate. She didn't do anything wrong.

welcome to the fishbowl that is now your life, kate.....
    A*O, Waterslide, analyzer and 1 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Love love View Post
    I don't think Kate deserves the "well that's what you get for sunbathing topless" comments that she will inevitably get. It implies that she did something wrong and she didn't. I hate that the editor of that magazine even hinted that there are sex pictures and that out of the kindness of her heart they will not be released. Fucking lowlife. I think the palace is right to sue.
    I didn't think they should bother to sue until the mag dropped that cute little "intimate pics" threat.

Now my position is, "bury the motherfuckers."

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    Emma Roberts has weighed in on the scandal.
    Anybody up for a little cyberbullying Twatterstyle? Suddenly I feel the urge to go tell Emma to go fuck herself with a toothbrush dipped in battery acid.

Actually, perhaps the worst thing I could do would be ignore her. But she's jumped to the top 2% of my celeb hate list for sure. Yay! I always knew she had potential!

As for that magazine editor, she REALLY needs to quit with the fake Maurice Chevalier "oooh but eet eez jhust lhuurrveee, eet eez beyooteefulllll" bullshit right fucking now. You're a sleazy, smarmy, yellow journalist scumbag, full stop. Own it.
    Kittylady, sluce, Ravenna and 7 others like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Well since Emma Roberts has spoken, I have changed my mind. I am waiting for her to tell me who to vote for for President too.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information