Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Tonya Harding describes herself as a victim of the 1994 attack on Nancy Kerrigan

I can't help but like that white trash redneck skater. I could identify with her a lot more than I could with Milquetoast Kerrigan. If I squint my eyes really hard, i can almost see that .02% chance she actually didn't know what her slimeball husband had planned.
    Last edited by BrickHouse; January 8th, 2014 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Autocorrect sucks

Elite Member

Remember the Harding-Gillooly sex tape? Wish I didn't.

I worked with Nancy a few times during all this. She was a bitch and a half -- really snippy. She had just started the affair with her manager. I did get to hear her short program music right after it was selected, which was pretty cool. I was a huge skating fan back then.

I had to go back and watch this. For a moment anyway, she really was something else...

These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

omg even if Tanya was in on it from the beginning, i still like her better than Kerrigan.
    ConstanceSpry and twitchy2.0 like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Skating to Wild Thing. So Tonya.

I hadn't seen that in a while. Damn, she really got height on that triple axel.
    sparkles likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Elite Member

She was a great jumper, but she was like a little tank out there artistry-wise.

Thanks for the info Laurent.
    Watching the video Trixie posted makes me miss the old scoring system. And mall bangs.
    Trixie, Laurent, JazzyGirl and 1 others like this.

Whether Nancy was a bitch or not, she still didn't deserve what happened to her. But the sympathy got her a silver she probably didn't earn, so I guess it evened out.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

^ haha yes she was a little tank, but I actually think she would fare better today. Back then, they were just getting away from the compulsaries, which opened the door to the more athletic skaters with the jumps etc that are expected in competition now. I was never impressed with Kerrigan, such a boring skater, but she had all the princess moves they liked in the day.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I couldn't stand Tonya Harding because she was trashy and so ugly. I know, it shouldn't matter, but I don't want to watch a bulldog on skates (which is why I couldn't stand Mary Lou Retton either - aren't gymnasts supposed to have an element of grace?) Yet I loved Midori Ito, she was so charming and adorable and could jump like nobody's business.
    JazzyGirl likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Elite Member

I hated her because it brought whiny Nancy Kerrigan to the forefront. She was milking it for a long time. I have that image of her crying because her skate was hurting her when she messed up or something. Yeah I feel bad she got hurt, but idk she was no Kerri Strug about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ haha yes she was a little tank, but I actually think she would fare better today.
    I've wondered. In some ways I think she would, but in others I don't.

On the one hand, the CoP was made for someone like Tonya. Someone who can power through several triples, required elements, and still have gas in the tank for the last minute and a half . . . but has the artistry of a redwood. On the other, after the Kwan and Cohen princess eras, I can't imagine someone getting out there and skating to the equivalent of Wild Thing. It's one reason why the ladies are dull as dishwater these days. There's no one really spectacular in talent or audaciousness.
    Trixie likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

The only victims here were the public who had to repeatedly watch the Gillooly whack Kerrigan and hear the infamous "WHHHHHHHHHY!?!?!??! WHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!?!?!?!??!?! WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY!?!?!??!?!?" ten thousand times.
    msdeb, Palermo, dexter7 and 2 others like this.

I didn't like either of them. Tanya's a crass asshole and Nancy was a bitchy bore. Little Oksana came along and stole the whole thing. I loved her that night.
    sprynkles, holly and sparkles like this.

You know what? I can kind of believe her. If you read about it, it was a total Keystone Kops operation. I can believe she may have ranted about Nancy being a bitch in general and her slimy ex came up with that stupid idea to club Nancy on the knee.

Nancy got better scores most of the time in competition because she had the right image. No one in skating liked Tonya because she drank, had sex and was trailer trash and didn't care who knew.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information