Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Tony Scott, Director Of 'Top Gun,' Dies In Apparent Suicide

Very sad. We've had a lot of suicides recently in this area that were very public. I'm sure it happens everywhere, but they have all gotten a lot of attention. A man committed suicide by hanging himself behind our Costco at lunch, a couple of men dove into the dry creekbeds around here from the overpasses. A man tried to jump from the overpass into the creekbed but was stopped. A woman jumped off an overpass into the lanes of the 5 Freeway. Another few have jumped in front of trains.

I feel horrible for people that are in so much pain that they have to end their lives, but I feel horrible for the people that have to witness such an act.

RIP
    Poor guy. I can't even imagine the sort of anguish and despair someone has to be in to do something like this.

I feel like watching true romance and the hunger again. Those were always my favorites out of all his films.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

That's a really rough way to go. RIP, dude.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

'Top Gun' Director Tony Scott Had Inoperable Brain Cancer - ABC News

Tony Scott, director of "Top Gun," "Days of Thunder" and "Crimson Tide," had inoperable brain cancer, a source close to him told ABC News.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Okay, this makes a bit more sense, now.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Awww, poor guy. He went out on his own terms and you can't hate on him for that.
    cherrypye and Nevan like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I hate to speculate about the best ways to commit suicide, but jumping off a bridge wouldn't be up there on my first choices. There's probably a lot of time to think on the way down. Poor guy.

Regardless, I hate cancer. Rest in peace.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

We watched a friend of ours die inch by inch from brain cancer. It was beyond horrible, so I'm not going to judge someone for going out their own way. Such a tragedy. My thoughts are with his family.

He went on his own terms. RIP.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I really don't blame him. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I hate to speculate about the best ways to commit suicide, but jumping off a bridge wouldn't be up there on my first choices. There's probably a lot of time to think on the way down. Poor guy.

Regardless, I hate cancer. Rest in peace.
    I don't know about that. If you're really set on going out your own terms, this seems to be sure and even considerate way to do so.
    Your wife won't find you dangling somewhere, nobody can walk in on you too early & have your stomach pumped, you are not traumatizing innocent bystanders (as in KrisNine's examples). And if you're aiming for vertical free-fall I'd hope it's quick and even one last adrenaline push.

Several years back we had an elderly couple that were our neighbors for years, they were the BEST neighbors. You know what I mean....like the kind from years ago that keep an eye out for you, offer you vegetables from their garden, etc. Well, the husband was a very strong, hard-working man his whole life. He found out in October that he had liver cancer, he was already around 80 years old. He committed suicide, in his bathroom, with a gunshot to his chest. He thought it out very meticulously and explained it in his note. The gunshot to the chest was so his wife could give him an open casket if she wanted to, the timing of doing it in October was so everything could be done with before the holidays. Really devestated our family losing such a great neighbor/friend, but he went out on his terms. He didn't want his wife watching him suffer, and her trying to care for him. He didn't want sympathy. They had a grown daughter, so the wife sold the house & moved in with the daughter.

So in retrospect, it sounds like Tony Scott did the same thing (notes to family, etc), except it was a very public suicide. So tragic, since Tony has younger kids.

This is so sad

Knowing what I know about this diagnosis I would probably do the same thing. It sucks when jumping off a bridge is your better option. I feel bad for him and his family.

Well if this country would wake the fuck up and make assisted suicide legal, horrible shit like this wouldn't happen.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information