Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree374Likes

Thread: Tom Petty found unconscious in cardiac arrest

Yeah, it's unclear to me exactly when he fractured his hip. Was it towards then end of his tour, and he didn't want to cancel dates to have it taken care of? So he just soldiered on with opiates, thinking he would get treatment/surgery once the tour was over? Obviously not a good choice considering he was once addicted to heroin, and had respiratory issues.

Prince did the same thing, really. Just stayed on the drugs rather than slowing down and/or having surgery to correct his physical problems.
    gas_chick and I'mNotBitter like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I do have a prescription for Percocet, but my doctor only prescribes 10 pills that I can refill every three months. My last prescription lasted more than a year and the only reason I refilled it was because the old ones were expiring. When I have to have them I HAVE to have them, but for the most part I just gut it out through pain.

I feel so sorry for people who become dependent because I can see how it can happen. When I was in a car accident in 2006 the doctor I had at the time gave me a big ass bottle of about 60 Vicodin. I noticed I was liking them a little too much and they were ruling my mood and I got scared and flushed the rest down the toilet. I've been offered Vikes since then and I always refuse and ask for Perks instead because I don't have the same reaction to them.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Yeah, it's unclear to me exactly when he fractured his hip. Was it towards then end of his tour, and he didn't want to cancel dates to have it taken care of? So he just soldiered on with opiates, thinking he would get treatment/surgery once the tour was over? Obviously not a good choice considering he was once addicted to heroin, and had respiratory issues.

Prince did the same thing, really. Just stayed on the drugs rather than slowing down and/or having surgery to correct his physical problems.
    i wonder if they are afraid to age ... i mean getting hip surgery is like a rite of passage for becoming an 'early bird special' kinda person. it's hard enough for anyone to age, but these 'rock stars' with their reputations and sex, drugs and rock'n'roll... who wants the public to find out they need a hip replacement?

Needing a hip replacement at a fairly young age is common among rock stars, though. Running and jumping on stage, as well as performing injured to finish the tour does them in. (Although sometimes alcoholism plays a role, as with Eddie Van Halen.)
    Annika likes this.

^ I can see it with Prince as he was running and jumping in high heels but did Tom Petty run around on stage? Unfortunately I never saw him live. Mick Jagger is still running around.
    Annika likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Prince had a hip replacement in 2010 after avoiding the surgery because of his religion as a Jehovah's Witness.
    Trixie and Annika like this.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    ^ I can see it with Prince as he was running and jumping in high heels but did Tom Petty run around on stage? Unfortunately I never saw him live. Mick Jagger is still running around.
    Tom Petty didn't do the same kind of dancer moves as Prince, but he didn't just stand there, either. The Heartbreakers put on a pretty energetic live show. It could have also come down to an old injury that progressively got worse.
    rollo and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

'He was not well': Teary Stevie Nicks says her 'heart will never get over' the death of Tom Petty at MusiCares event

By CASSIE CARPENTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
    PUBLISHED: 20:23, 27 January 2018 | UPDATED: 01:54, 28 January 2018

Stevie Nicks got emotional remembering her 'best friend' Tom Petty during her speech at the pre-Grammys MusiCares event in Manhattan Friday night.
    The 69-year-old rock queen thought the Heartbreakers frontman - who passed October 2 at age 66 - should have canceled his 40th Anniversary Tour and gone to the hospital.
    'He was not well. And he fought his way through that tour,' the eight-time Grammy nominee said onstage Radio City Music Hall - according to People.

+

RIP: Stevie Nicks got emotional remembering her 'best friend' Tom Petty during her speech at the pre-Grammys MusiCares event in Manhattan Friday night

'He was gonna go down that river. And so, God bless him, he finished his tour at the Hollywood Bowl. Three shows. And one week later he died - but he got down the river. So Tom, I know you’re sta
    nding next to me cause you always have been for so many years.'

Stevie (born Stephanie) added: 'The loss of Tom Petty has just about broken my heart. He was not only a good man to go down the river with, as Johnny Cash said, he was a great father and he was a great friend. He was one of my best friends. My heart will never get over this.'
    The three-time Grammy winner collaborated on Nicks' 1981 single Stop Draggin' My Heart Around, and the Heartbreakers served as the backing band on several of her other solo tracks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5320353/Stevie-Nicks-never-Tom-Pettys-death.html
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

did stevie and tom have a thing? i thought i read that somewhere.

stevie nicks is 69... holy crap. we're all getting ooooold!

i always thought tom petty was bob dylan's kid. i don't know why. how old is bob now? 104? maybe he really did sell his soul to the devil. same with the rolling stones.

I read TP's biography a few year ago, it was written by a guy who was friendly with Petty and it didn't have a lot of dirt, so I'm not sure if they ever had a thing or not. But they did seem to be good friends over the years. Stevie was living with Jimmy Iovine who was Petty's producer at the time and that's how Stevie met him and ended up with Stop Draggin' My Heart Around. She was friendly with TP's first wife (and I gathered she and Jane did a lot of coke/partying together, which didn't turn out well for the first Mrs. Petty) and was around for that marriage breakup and Petty's heroin addiction. At least based on what I recall from Stevie's interviews for the book.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were more than friends though, at least at some point. That seems to be Stevie's way, no?
    Annika likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

^ If I would have had the chance in their days, I'd have that way too.
    Trixie likes this.

like tom petty couldnt have gotten premium grade weed? that shit cures everything except for acne.

^^Unfortunately weed doesn't cure everything. Wouldn't that be nice tho?
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Quote Originally Posted by crayzeehappee View Post
    ^^Unfortunately weed doesn't cure everything. Wouldn't that be nice tho?
    It would have been nice for my sister-in-law that had breast cancer and then brain tumors. Unfortunately she lived overseas and we couldn't get it to her in time. There have been very positive studies on brain tumors for patients treated with CBD.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvel View Post
    like tom petty couldnt have gotten premium grade weed? that shit cures everything except for acne.
    Unfortunately not everyone can use weed. I've tried it numerous times, including really high quality stuff, and it makes me psychotic! I completely lose touch with reality, become a paranoid delusional wreck sitting there shaking & terrified and just waiting for it to wear off. I guess it just doesn't work with my brain chemistry for whatever reason, and I know some other people that are like that too.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread Information