Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree374Likes

Thread: Tom Petty found unconscious in cardiac arrest

Nooooooo. I liked him so much and 66 is no age to go. Thank you for the music and R.I.P. Tom.
    fgg and Mrs P like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Last year and this year have just been shit in many ways.
    RIP Tom
    gas_chick likes this.

I was hanging on by a thread after the news from Las Vegas and then I saw this and had to call it a day so my whole office wouldn’t see me cry.

This sucks. What a legend.
    Bombshell and gas_chick like this.

Just heard on the radio that CBS is retracting their report

So many memories from back in the day...

I first saw TP's debut album at my local library, him looking all bad boy with the bullets across his chest, love at first sight. I checked it out first, but ended up buying it of course.

Around the time of his second album, he was playing at a small theater at Purdue University, we drove the 5 hour round trip to see him. LOVE.

The Heartbreakers were booked for a concert in Indianapolis (I was living in Bloomington IN at the time) but the concert was cancelled due to lack of ticket sales!! A girl I knew who worked at Karma Records saved me the concert poster though. I still have it, framed in my home office.

When Damn the Torpedoes came out, I rushed to the record store on my lunch hour, bought it and then ran home. I only had time for the first side before I had to get back to work, singing Refugee.

Feeling so sad, and old right now. *sigh*
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Just heard on the radio that CBS is retracting their report
    OMG, how awful for his family. And for him of course.

By CBS NEWS CBS NEWS October 2, 2017, 3:59 PM
    LAPD clarifies it cannot confirm Tom Petty's death

Tom Petty performs onstage during MusiCares Person of the Year honoring Tom Petty at the Los Angeles Convention Center on February 10, 2017 in Los Angeles.

KEVORK DJANSEZIAN/GETTY IMAGES

Tom Petty, the rocker best known as the frontman of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, is clinging to life in a Los Angeles hospital, according to TMZ. An earlier LAPD report which confirmed the singer's death, and which CBS reported, has since been clarified.

Follow

LAPD HQ
    @LAPDHQ

(1/2)The LAPD has no information about the passing of singer Tom Petty. Initial information was inadvertantly provided to some media sources
    3:55 PM - Oct 2, 2017

Twitter Ads info and privacy

These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Condition upgraded to alive!
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Aaawww, and he wanted to cut down to spend more time with his granddaughter. That just breaks my heart. Oh, wait, he's still alive? Hmmm, might turn into another Carrie Fisher situation......
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Unfuckingbelievable!! Don't get me wrong, I would be happy if they are wrong but WTF?!?!

"the reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"

!!!

Please live. Please.

Reminds me way too much of Carrie Fisher

Source: PIX11.COM

Tom Petty clinging to life day after suffering cardiac arrest
    LOS ANGELES — Rocker Tom Petty has been taken off life support at a Southern California hospital after he was found unconscious and in full cardiac arrest Sunday night, TMZ reported.

TMZ reports that Petty is still “clinging to life,” but has not died, disputing reports that the rocker has passed away, which cite the LAPD. The LAPD has denied those reports, too.

TMZ said a chaplain has been called to his hospital room, and that the family has implemented a do-not-resuscitate order.

When paramedics arrived at Petty’s Malibu home, he was not breathing, the entertainment website reported.

The 66-year-old rocker was rushed to Santa Monica Hospital where the decision was made to take him off life support when he showed no signs of brain activity, TMZ reported.

The three-time Grammy winner had just finished a major tour last Monday with a final performance at Hollywood Bowl.

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I agree, it may be inevitable, but the reports of no brain activity came from TMZ and the next thing you know, he's reported as taken off life support, then dead, all the news outlets picked it up and the twitter tributes began. LAPD confirms then retracts and there has been no statement from the family or a representative. That's fucked up!!

But if there's no brain activity and he's been taken off life support...it's still just a matter of time then, isn't it?

*sorry, that's exactly what Trixie just said. TMZ was the only outlet reporting/confirming those two facts?

Yes, but my point is, this started with TMZ, how do we know they have their facts straight? LAPD said he was dead and that wasn't true. Don't you think a confirmation should come from the family or a representative before he's reported as dead?

*eta: from what I can tell, TMZ was the only outlet reporting it, then apparently the LAPD confirmed his death to some other media outlets, and off the stories went. The first thing I saw online was from wikipedia referring to him in past tense with today as his date of death and then RIPs online from Cameron Crowe and others. LAPD then retracted and said they had no information. I would think a confirmation would come from the hospital or a family representative.

Once legit news sources started reporting it, I just assumed it was true. Fucking internet! It still doesn't sound good, but geez his poor family. They might be saying their goodbyes and they have to deal with premature information too?
    Last edited by Trixie; October 2nd, 2017 at 05:23 PM.

My all time favorite song. Reminds me so much of middle school.

Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information