Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Like Tree374Likes

Thread: Tom Petty found unconscious in cardiac arrest

I've heard of that too. My son said it happened to him a few times. He likend it to having an anxiety attack.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Quote Originally Posted by K-Piece View Post
    Unfortunately not everyone can use weed. I've tried it numerous times, including really high quality stuff, and it makes me psychotic! I completely lose touch with reality, become a paranoid delusional wreck sitting there shaking & terrified and just waiting for it to wear off. I guess it just doesn't work with my brain chemistry for whatever reason, and I know some other people that are like that too.
    have you looked into different strains. between indica, sativa and hybrids there are a shit ton. some side effects will say paranoid, anxious, etc., and others will say dry eyes and mouth.
    look at leafly. it shows negatives, positives, and what ailment it most likely helps. im sticking with weed can take over a majority of the otc meds in everyones medicine cabinet except for maybe a few people. and yes I have also known people, relatives of friends who had terminal cancer who could not move but after a joint they were able to move, piss on their own and eat. thats a miracle drug.
    Mrs P likes this.

I smoked pot five times when I was still in high school. It also made me super paranoid. This was before the casual user knew what you were getting. I've never smoked/tried it again. Our new governor (NJ) ran on the platform of legalizing pot, so I'm expecting to see all these little dispensaries popping up in all the run down, empty shopping plazas we seem to have in abundance.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Quote Originally Posted by marvel View Post
    have you looked into different strains. between indica, sativa and hybrids there are a shit ton. some side effects will say paranoid, anxious, etc., and others will say dry eyes and mouth.
    look at leafly. it shows negatives, positives, and what ailment it most likely helps. im sticking with weed can take over a majority of the otc meds in everyones medicine cabinet except for maybe a few people. and yes I have also known people, relatives of friends who had terminal cancer who could not move but after a joint they were able to move, piss on their own and eat. thats a miracle drug.
    Agreed on looking at the different strains. Indica, sativa, CBD oil, etc. CBD oil has proven to decrease brain tumors. People comparing this this to alcohol, uhm, no.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by K-Piece View Post
    Unfortunately not everyone can use weed. I've tried it numerous times, including really high quality stuff, and it makes me psychotic! I completely lose touch with reality, become a paranoid delusional wreck sitting there shaking & terrified and just waiting for it to wear off. I guess it just doesn't work with my brain chemistry for whatever reason, and I know some other people that are like that too.
    I feel fine until I go to sleep, then I have the most horrible. realistic nightmares.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

For what it's worth, Tom Petty was known to be an enthusiastic recreational MJ user. Maybe he had to stop because of the emphysema, or maybe it wasn't enough. Deep bone pain is about as bad as it gets.

Bronze Member

What an amazing tribute - this was such a big and sad loss. But he leaves behind a very rich legacy/body of work, and two very wonderful and talented daughters. I'm actually (likely) going to be working with his elder daughter (who is a classmate from college times) on my first short next year, "the Dancing Boy."
    sprynkles and rollo like this.

fgg

Tom Petty’s daughter, wife in nasty dispute over late rocker’s legacy

Tom Petty‘s family is at war after his eldest daughter, Adria, allegedly planned to cash in on her late father’s edgy legacy by “selling out” and creating a Paul Newman-style range of Tom Petty salad dressings and other cheesy supermarket products, according to court docs.

Tensions boiled over when the plan by Adria – Petty’s eldest daughter from his first wife, Jane – was blocked by the rocker’s widow, Dana Petty, his wife of 10 years until his death, who argued the rock ‘n’ roll legend’s fans would be disgusted by such a “sad perversion of Tom’s legacy.”

Dana states in an explosive new legal filing, exclusively seen by Page Six, “Adria wanted to authorize Tom’s name and likeness to be used to promote products akin to Paul Newman, whose face adorns bottles of salad dressing and so on.

“But Tom would never have permitted such a thing, he never ‘sold out’ while he was alive and refused to do any such thing despite numerous opportunities. Dana is certain Tom’s fans would also find it a sad perversion of Tom’s legacy.”

Meanwhile Adria, a 44-year-old New York-based director, writer and artist, has alleged in probate court that Dana has been “misappropriating” money from Tom’s estate and intellectual property for her own gain – a claim that Dana strongly denies, claiming Adria is “unhinged.”

After Tom died in 2017 from an accidental overdose, aged 66, his two daughters from his first marriage, Adria and Annakim, were given equal management votes over his estate with his widow Dana. But relations quickly turned into a heartbreaker when the daughters began battling Dana for control of the estate.

A few weeks ago, Adria filed a petition in Los Angeles probate court seeking to wrest control of Tom’s music catalogue, said to be worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Dana, who married Tom in 2001, argues she is the sole trustee of her late husband’s trust and wishes to appoint a professional manager to run the Petty operation who would seek consent on major decisions from all three women.

Now Dana has just filed new legal paperwork in LA lifting the lid on just how ugly things have become over every single aspect of Tom’s legacy, his music, his merchandising and even his album artwork.

She includes “abusive” text messages allegedly sent to her by Adria regarding the cover design for the 4-CD box set of Tom’s work titled “An American Treasure.” After Dana suggested an alternative cover, Adria fired back, “It looks like a redneck joke to me…. don’t come in and f–k things up that I’ve been working on for months.”

Adria allegedly continued to rant at Dana by text, according to the suit, “You have no compassion for how much this project is my tribute to him. You have allowed me no other way to grieve… you are acting like a jerk in front of my friends and undermining me… You are a very selfish and unkind woman. We can make this legal if you want. Say the word.”

After the Petty sisters allegedly refused Dana’s attempts to work together, Petty’s widow is now asking the judge to have Adria and her sister removed from the Petty trust, stating, “Dana cannot allow Daughters to continue down this path of destroying everything their father was about,” adding that their behavior has been “reprehensible and unthinkable” by threatening “to sue everyone close” to their late father to “intimidate” and take control of his affairs.

Tom’s daughters have “responded with abuse, threats and lawsuits… Adria’s foul behavior… has caused enormous damage to many of Tom’s professional relationships,” Dana’s suit adds.

Dana’s attorney Adam Streisand said, “Dana Petty would have done almost anything to avoid all of this. Over the past weeks and months, however, the behavior of her stepdaughters Adria and Annakim has gone from unconscionable to unhinged – and it needs to be stopped.

“Tom Petty entrusted his wife Dana to choose how all three women could work together to carry on Tom’s legacy. But Adria and Annakim thought they could bully Dana and cast her aside. In the process, they’ve threatened, maligned and sued the people Tom worked closely with for decades.

“Her loyalty to her husband and the people he loved and trusted gave her the strength to fight, not only for herself, but for the whole Tom Petty and Heartbreakers family.”

Alex Weingarten, the lawyer for Adria and Annakim Petty said the allegations in Dana’s new court filing are “completely false”: and an attempt to divert attention from the fact that she has not yet set up a company or an entity to manage Tom’s intellectual property and music catalogue following his death, which as trustee of his estate Dana is required to do.

He insisted that the Petty daughters were fighting to do the right thing for their father, alleging that it is Dana who is difficult and is attempting to take full control of the Petty estate.

Weingarten said, “Dana and her lawyer are basing their case on smoke and mirrors. Every claim they make is demonstrably false.

“Adria and Annakim are laser focused on one thing – honoring and protecting their father’s legacy and enforcing the terms of his trust, as written.”

https://pagesix.com/2019/05/29/tom-p...ockers-legacy/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

“But Tom would never have permitted such a thing, he never ‘sold out’ while he was alive and refused to do any such thing despite numerous opportunities.
    Sold out? Newman's Own is a company that donates all it's profit to charity, I wouldn't call that selling out.

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    Sold out? Newman's Own is a company that donates all it's profit to charity, I wouldn't call that selling out.
    I think the difference being that she wants to keep the returns from sales of those products, which is the opposite of what Newman's Own was about.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I can't see Tom Petty behind any supermarket products anyway as he was all about the music. This fight is such a shame and I'm sure it's not what Tom anticipated.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Annakim
    Skywalker?
    holly, KrisNine and crayzeehappee like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I find this to be a very Petty family.

Don't come around here no more with jokes like that.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

You want it all, you want it all, All or nothin', You want it all

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread Information