Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tom Cruise's "Valkyrie" movie delayed again, to 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Anon View Post
    I'm just sad that Bryan Singer and Kenneth Branagh are getting caught in the crossfire.
    I really like Kenneth so I'm also a bit sad about it - although I think he should just have been smart about it and stayed the h*** away from the beginning.
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

Bronze Member

That article is from late January, and is really accurate as far as what was going on at the time.

The newest issue of Radar magazine did a cover story on Anonymous vs. Scientology, and did a wonderful job describing what gone on from the beginning to the present day. The article can be found here but fair warning, it's pretty long (make sure to hit "Continue" at the bottom of the page).

There seems to be a splitting in Hollywood, those who are like "how dare you make fun of Tom's religion" to the many actors like Craig Fergussen who have dared to mock him on late night T.V. Did the president of Paramount really apologize to him? Either they run like heck from Tom or the next thing you know they are partying hardy and dancing poorly.
    A lot of people want to take shots at Scientology, but no one wants to get sued.

I like Kenneth even if he did leave Emma Thompson thing is they know what they are getting into any time they make a movie with Tom. He gets money on the back end, front end and any end when producers loose money Tom still ends up making money.
    That's true, it was their decision. Ultimately, I doubt their careers will suffer. Branagh's good at flying under the radar, while giving excellent performances. And Singer can just go back to the super hero business and rake in cash for the studios. Meanwhile, Tom Cruise has a couple of Ben Stiller projects coming up...lol

Some loose sight what scientology is all about. It boils down to mind control. "There is no mental illness" all you need is a vitamin, exercise and the right food. No mental illness, no psychiatry. They have the tools to rid you of any problems caused by the thetens in your body. Which is nice news if your bi-polar, depressed, suffer from schizophrenia or a host of other mental illnesses oh and they can cure you from your gayness too.

What is Scientology? StopScientology.com contains Anti Scientology information for some light reading
    That's one of the biggest problems with Scientology. On the one hand, people are free to believe whatever they want, even Xenu. But so many of Scientology's beliefs are dangerous to themselves and others, like the ones you mention above. Yes, a case can be made that Americans, especially kids, are over-prescribed on medications. But some people NEED to be medicated, and Scientology is actively seeking the "global obliteration" of psychiatry.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Anon View Post
    That's one of the biggest problems with Scientology. On the one hand, people are free to believe whatever they want, even Xenu. But so many of Scientology's beliefs are dangerous to themselves and others, like the ones you mention above. Yes, a case can be made that Americans, especially kids, are over-prescribed on medications. But some people NEED to be medicated, and Scientology is actively seeking the "global obliteration" of psychiatry.
    thank you.
    how dare doctor Cruise state he has the answers to peoples problems.
    I also resent the fact they do not believe in God yet call it a religion and a church for tax purposes only.. thetens are in our body and they told us there is a God. It's their right to believe whatever they choose but once they start talking that b/s in public then it becomes my right to tell them to stuff it.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Did the president of Paramount really apologize to him?
    I doubt it. It's Tommy Boy who's in the begging position. Begging to still have a career after the next year. The most important thing in Hollywood is making $$$. Tommy has never been the world's greatest actor. His best selling point was raking in the dough. Since it appears he will no longer be able to do that, he is now useless in the eyes of the Hollywood studio bosses.

Keep pushing the release date back, so we'll forget it exists...we won't!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Default Valkyrie trailer

In case anyone hasn't seen it yet.
    [YOUTUBE]NPoZWP2738k[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for posting the trailer... I love the eye patch!!

See Valkyrie or the new Steven Seagal straight-to-DVD release? Hmmm...guess I'd be going to blockbuster.

see, it looks great except for one thing.. tom cruise.

He doesn't have an accent, he's just some american sounding guy wandering around in a nazi uniform.

He's Tom Cruise playing Tom Cruise in a period piece costume. UGH.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Scientology is not allowed in Germany
    this is wrong. the co$ has always been "allowed" in germany, it's just kept under observation by the constitution protection, which is a joke.

the trailer doesn't even look that bad, i just think american movies about the german nazis are always kinda... i don't know, not authentic.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ I could have worded that better to say "they are not welcomed there" by the government and it has been the long desire of Tom Cruise and John Travolta not to considered a cult as Scientology is now.
    -------------
    While Germany is Scientology's most outspoken critic, other European nations have also been suspicious of the U.S.-based movement. France considered banning the church in 2000, saying in a government report that "when such organisations disrupt public order and violate human dignity, measures should be taken to dissolve them." A few weeks ago, a Russian court shut down a Scientology center in St. Petersburg, saying that the group didn't have a license for its "auditing" and "purification" activities.

source -- Why does Germany hate Scientologists? - By Michelle Tsai - Slate Magazine

Ack...I didn't know Eddie Izzard was in that movie!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information