Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tom Cruise's "Valkyrie" movie delayed again, to 2009

It's going down and I am just sitting waiting for the flames to spark. mwahahahahahahaha!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    what you don't want to see Hollywood glorify a Nazi (though they claim he was never a Nazi he did serve as a Col under Hitler)
    Thank you, you made my point better than I did. I cannot think of anything more vomit inducing than TinyTom playing a "Nazi Hero"

Elite Member

Just think...if Tom Cruise had kept his mouth shut about his stupid "religion" and stopped trying so hard to prove he isn't gay by jumping on a couch over his latest beard, he could've continued being a mediocre yet successful actor with great-box office returns for a long time to come.

His batshit insanity totally fucked his career.

Bronze Member

Slice it and dice it any way you want but this flick was only made to get Cruise into Germany, well done David.
    69 Mil is probably just a drop in the bucket to Co$ and if that's all it cost them to infiltrate Germany then they probably think it was money well spent, regardless of box office take.

That's scary.

This is interesting to note that even the mainstream media are basically now in positions to openly say "Tom Cruise is fucking crazy - he's had a total meltdown - career suicide".
    vaya con dios

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Rianam View Post
    69 Mil is probably just a drop in the bucket to Co$ and if that's all it cost them to infiltrate Germany then they probably think it was money well spent, regardless of box office take.

That's scary.

thank you!

and thats the only reason David told Tom to make the movie..

and you'll notice now Germany is back tracking - they know they got screwed

--------
    did hubbard plagiarize scientology?

from iheartchaos: The answer appears to be: Yes. In 1934, a Dr. A. Nordenholz wrote a book entitled Scientologie that L. Ron Hubbard read a total of one time and decided later in his great moment of marketing genius to base a religion on these strange psychological ramblings of this Doktor. Scans are below, courtesy of Enturbulation.org or you can read the whole thing online here.

media monarchy: did hubbard plagiarize scientology?

I'm confused. I thought Scientologists could use their magical powers to control the world around them. Can't Cruise and his high-level Scientology friends just WILL people to go see his movie? There should be no reason for concern if their "religion" works like they claim it does.

Hit By Ban Bus!

They are powerless against German body thetans....

ergo they need Tiny Tom...

Quote Originally Posted by MissVenus View Post
    This is interesting to note that even the mainstream media are basically now in positions to openly say "Tom Cruise is fucking crazy - he's had a total meltdown - career suicide".
    His career is clearly O-V-E-R!

It goes like this.. follow me. Scientology is not allowed in Germany, neither is Tom or his movies. So Tom said "oh wise and wonderful ones we want to make a movie of your most beloved war hero, can we shoot in Germany?" And they did a jaw drop, and what else could they say? So now there is a new Scientology building in Germany to which Tom and Katie visited quite often. Last I heard the movie had a budget of 69 million, not bad really - they could get that back in time.
    According to this article:
    FOXNews.com - 'Valkyrie': Cruise's Valentine's Massacre? - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

As of last week, director Bryan Singer still expected to shoot four more scenes with a disbanded cast including a big war/action sequence that sets up the film but still doesn’t exist. "Valkyrie" already has cost $90 million and should hit $100 million before it’s done. That doesn’t include the marketing costs, which will add on a good $50 million.

The money is another issue. United Artists’ deal with MGM and Merrill Lynch called for making four to five films a year. So far they’ve made and released one, Robert Redford’s "Lions for Lambs."

By many industry estimates, that gallant effort probably will lose a total of $50 million when all is said and done. It cost $43 million to make, grossed $57 million worldwide, and that doesn’t count marketing and prints. And it’s not like today’s DVD release will help much: Amazon.com lists it around No. 50.

The other part of the money equation is Merrill Lynch. So far its foray into film financing has been a spectacular bust.

A year ago, the bank announced a pool to fund Summit Entertainment releases that ultimately went bad such as "Penelope," "The Hottie and the Nottie," "PS I Love You" and "Love in the Time of Cholera." It is backing a Nicolas Cage thriller in production called "Knowing."

Merrill Lynch had better luck with "Disturbia," a $20 million film that grossed $80 million domestically. It was part of its fund called Melrose I at Paramount.

But sources say the "Lions" loss and the continuing problems with "Valkyrie" have made the bank uneasy, to say the least.
    I'd say Tommy's $ troubles are increasing...

I would like to go back to maybe my very first post here...
    I think it would be amazing if TC were doing all this to bring
    down Scieno. He'd be some sort of freakin genius if it worked.
    Hey, it's a fun dream.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post

and I agree. Let's see what drama they will come up to get the movie into the spotlight then, will Katie get a new pillow to carry around?
    I agree....ever since he said all those things about Co$...I am done with him. No more my cute Tommy.
    Love ya,
    Dara

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I would like to go back to maybe my very first post here...
    I think it would be amazing if TC were doing all this to bring
    down Scieno. He'd be some sort of freakin genius if it worked.
    Hey, it's a fun dream.

believe me he's not that smart. He's been looking for a higher power all his life and Mimi gave him one. However now Tom thinks he is a God.

L.Ron went bankrupt before (which is why he hates governments) he moved his "The Foundation" to England and then called it Scientology.. he wanted tax breaks so he then called it The Church of Scientology... I have a feeling their bucks rival that of the Mormons and the Catholics.

From things Tom himself has said, I think this is a program put in play so that Tom can get out of movies and go into recruiting, it's what he says he has always wanted to do.

When Tom took on South Park a group called Anonymous took on scientology, they have organized rallies against them and hacked into their main frame computers. Law suits abound. No one of course knows who these youthful hackers are - I'm cheering for the hackers

Bronze Member

When Tom took on South Park a group called Anonymous took on scientology, they have organized rallies against them and hacked into their main frame computers. Law suits abound. No one of course knows who these youthful hackers are - I'm cheering for the hackers

Begin thread derail:

As one of those mysterious Anonymous folks, allow me to correct you on some things. It was the removal of the infamous Tom Cruise interview that was the straw that broke the camel's back. As far as the hacking goes, no one broke into their mainframes or anything as bigtime as that. It was a Distributed Denial of Service attack that brought their sites down. Basically, some of the earlier planning websites put up a program anyone could download and use. All you had to do was find a really big image file on the Scientology website, plug the link into this program, and hit run. The program would then either refresh or download (can't remember which) the program over and over again. With a whole bunch of people doing that at once, it put enough strain on their servers to bring the site down. And before anyone asks, no, I didn't participate, not out of any moral and ethical reasons, but mostly because I was too paranoid to run the program on my computer. Adding to this effect, blogs and news websites started reporting the story and providing links to the downed Scientology sites. So anyone that clicked on those links to see whether or not the websites were really down inadvertantly helped keep them down.

Talking about Anonymous is confusing because there are a lot of different factions, and not all of them agree. But the faction truely dedicated to bring down Co$ has moved on protesting outside their buildings and spreading awareness about the abuses of Scientology anywhere they can. Which brings me here today.

End thread derail.

Now, as far as Valkyrie goes, any hope that movie had of being taken seriously went out the window when they ditched the concept of using German accents. Goodbye, Oscar. Plus, if the thread about Mr. Moviemaker and Mr. Moviestar down in the BI section of this forum is to be belived (and I think it holds some credibility), some major forces in Hollywood are aligning against Cruise to make sure his movies bomb. That's probably not too hard, when it comes to Valkyrie. And, from an Anonymous perspective, we're noticing that Fox media is alarmingly supportive of our cause (Fox and Anonymous, under normal circumstances, would get along like oil and water), and it was Fox that trashed the trailor for the movie just a few days before this move was annouced. I don't think Fox will be alone in this. The media's fed up with getting sued everytime they say something bad about Scientology.

Forces are aligning against Co$ and its posterboy Tom Cruise, and all because they're incapable of playing nicely with others. I'm just sad that Bryan Singer and Kenneth Branagh are getting caught in the crossfire.

Hit By Ban Bus!

my source

^^ Scientology Blog about the "Church" of Scientology: Anonymous vs The 'Church' of Scientology

There seems to be a splitting in Hollywood, those who are like "how dare you make fun of Tom's religion" to the many actors like Craig Fergussen who have dared to mock him on late night T.V. Did the president of Paramount really apologize to him? Either they run like heck from Tom or the next thing you know they are partying hardy and dancing poorly.

I like Kenneth even if he did leave Emma Thompson thing is they know what they are getting into any time they make a movie with Tom. He gets money on the back end, front end and any end when producers loose money Tom still ends up making money.

Some loose sight what scientology is all about. It boils down to mind control. "There is no mental illness" all you need is a vitamin, exercise and the right food. No mental illness, no psychiatry. They have the tools to rid you of any problems caused by the thetens in your body. Which is nice news if your bi-polar, depressed, suffer from schizophrenia or a host of other mental illnesses oh and they can cure you from your gayness too.

What is Scientology? StopScientology.com contains Anti Scientology information for some light reading

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information