Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise yells at 'Mission: Impossible 7' crew members for breaking COVID-19 rules

i want Tom Cruise to come to my office and scream at my bosses about this too. they don't care, they bring clients and they get upset because i don't want them near me.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    On another note, I had no idea there were so many of these movies. I thought there were only 3. Did they jump over 4, 5, and 6, or do they actually exist?
    The last good one was #4. The last 2 seemed kind of bleak to me.

fgg

i liked the last one. there was non-stop action and that's what i expect from MI.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I used to like the first couple, but after he jumped the couch, I can never separate that crazy TomKat persona from the character on the screen.
    Last edited by OrangeSlice; December 17th, 2020 at 02:54 PM.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Elite Member

It's Covid fatigue. I feel like I'm about to scream too.

Staged or not, I agree -- especially if they've had to shut down to quarantine. Just wear your mask, stay apart and let's get through this already!

I cannot agree with him even though in theory I agree with people needing to take covid more seriously. I won't listen to the audio because I cannot stand him and avoid anything to do with him, but after reading the text of the rant, I agree it was all an act and probably rehearsed up the wazoo so that he looks tough and raises the profile of his movie and himself. I don't think anyone needs to be yelled at like that at work, and if someone is continually a problem (and I doubt they really were), they can be warned in nicer ways and then let go quietly. This rant was aimed to look like a big, bad macho man while humiliating the disposable peons and I'm not down for it.
    sputnik, Rusalka, Sleuth and 7 others like this.

I'm sure that the only reason they weren't fired on the spot is because they have specialized skills and can't be replaced easily. Normally, I would be one of the first people to say never yell at or insult your employees. But this is not the first time it has happened with this shoot, and this is also a life or death situation - not someone who forgot to fill out the cover sheet on their TPS report. A screwup on set with COVID will start a chain reaction that shuts down a set, gets insurance and financing pulled, and puts a couple hundred innocent downstream people on unemployment and food assistance.
    tulip and Beeyotch like this.

But they probably are bubbling together - crews work incredibly closely on tours & shoots.

The Italian shoot that was closed down - Italy closed *everything* this summer due to CoVID....

Yeah he has a point but tiny-man-syndrome throwing his weight around and then releasing it to the public(because*nothing* happens on these things without his knowing about it and *everyone* signs an NDA) he thinks it makes him look heroic but it just makes him look like a bully to me.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

TOM CRUISERELAXED ON FACE MASK RULESWhile Filming 'M.I.' in Rome

12/17/2020 8:42 AM PT

Shutterstock Premier

Tom Cruise isn't always a super stickler for COVID protocols -- not based on some on-set pics of him with his 'Mission: Impossible 7' costar.
    'M.I. 7' has been filming for months all over Europe, and we found these images from October of Tom and Hayley Atwell shooting in Rome. In one of them, Tom is wearing a face mask and talking to Hayley, who's also got a mask on, but she's not up to CDC snuff. You can see hers is down below her nose, and as we all know by now ... that does not protect people from droplets that can transmit the virus.
    Shutterstock Premier

Hayley's showing the same bad form in another shot where Tom doesn't have one on at all -- although it's possible he was about to shoot a scene.
    As you know, Tom went nuclear on his crew recently while filming on a studio lot in England. He was pissed off at 2 crew members for breaking COVID protocols, standing less than 6 feet apart to look at a monitor.
    The photos from Rome seem to show a more lax attitude to following COVID regulations ... which probably won't sit well with his crew in the wake of his tirade. At least 5 staffers on the film have reportedly quit since Tom's rant.
    Novice likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Default do as I say, not as. do....

NO CRUISE CONTROL Tom Cruise shuts down Mission Impossible set to take early break after Covid meltdown

Simon Boyle, Executive Showbiz Editor

20:00, 17 Dec 2020Updated: 21:01, 17 Dec 2020

TOM Cruise is shutting down production on Mission: Impossible 7 to take an earlier than planned Christmas break – following controversy over his now infamous on-set meltdown.

The superstar has lost his temper with crew on several occasions over a failure to stick to strict Covid guidelines – with five staffers later quitting.

And now sources say he is preparing to wrap up filming for the year this Friday, before heading to Miami via private jet to spend the festive period with his son, Connor.

An insider said: “It has been exhausting keeping the production on track for so long, and it’s not getting any easier – Christmas can’t come soon enough.

“Tom has decided he’s ready for a break and is now going to wind up filming for 2020 on Friday, and fly to Miami over the weekend on his private jet to spend Christmas with his son.

“It’s the end of a really tough year, and a bit of time out seems like a good idea for everyone as tensions have been mounting for a while.”

Earlier this week The Sun told how the actor let rip after two crew breached Covid rules by standing too close together.

Another eruption followed on Tuesday night as news of his rant emerged.

A source said: “The first outburst was big but things haven’t calmed since. Tension has been building for months and this was the final straw.

"Since it became public there has been more anger and several staff have walked.”

Delays have blighted the franchise’s seventh instalment.

Cruise, 58, who plays Ethan Hunt and is a producer, has pumped a fortune into Covid measures including hiring a cruise ship so staff can isolate.

In October, he held crisis talks with director Christopher McQuarrie days after 12 people on set in Italy were said to have tested positive.

The sun.co.uk

So he has all the staff living in one "bubble" on a cruise ship, the HMS Tiny Dick.
    But he is flying to Miami to spend Xmas with his son without any quarantine????

Arsehole.
    Kittylady and weathered1 like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I think it's hard to take seriously because it's Tom Cruise and it was made public. I mean, have we even had any leaks of him before? This is the man who jumped on Oprah's couch and had that whole pregnancy thing. I fail to see how it wouldn't have been orchestrated and given that that's the case, that's a factor in how it's interpreted.
    Kittylady, Novice and lindsaywhit like this.

Ha! I totally missed that audio. It sounded exactly like he was acting in a role!

I too, would like Tom to come yell at everyone here where I live.

Of course no surprise they're now gonna find every pic they can of him around someone who might not be wearing a mask/wearing a mask correctly, standing too close, etc. Who fucking cares. I still agree with his crazy tyrannical little ass.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

But why wasn’t he freaking out at his co-star when she was clearly not wearing her mask correctly? Plus they were within 6 feet of each other as well. It’s okay to scream at the peons? Do as I scream not as I do?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

It's a pretty standard film in the sense that there is probably extensive filming of the principal actors - and without masks. In that shot, he may be extra protective (for himself) since he's 20 years older than her and is in a higher risk group. The actors are probably filmed in close proximity with each other, so I would think there is a special regimen for them. And yeah, they do get treated differently. The main thing is that there is little to no context for the photo.

Bronze Member

I wouldn't blame him. This virus is nasty.
    mopar likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information