Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Is Tom Cruise (finally) having a crisis of faith?

Tom Cruise is so lonely & miserable on the cover of People: are you buying it?

Please excuse me, but I just have to laugh at this story. After Tom Cruise’s team made such a huge deal about Katie Holmes “playing the media” by taking Suri out in public, Tom’s making his own little deal with the (CO$) devil yet again. As we’ve already heard, Tom is very upset that people have noticed he hasn’t seen Suri in nearly two months, and Tom’s lawyer, Burt Fields, took great pains last week to issue a statement about how Tom talks on the phone to Suri every single day, and he just can’t help that he’s been away all this time on another continent.
    Yes, Tom has been busy working in London on All You Need Is Kill, but he’s also been spending a lot of time out on the town and partying until 2:30 a.m. with his “mystery ladies” or whatever his team wants us to call them. He also went yachting in Croatia for several days too, which was either just for fun or to pimp Scientology. A lot of this “partying” has taken place during weekends when he could have easily opted to take his private jet and visit Suri instead. Further, I don’t buy for a moment that Tom Cruise — who is still, for better or worse, one of the most powerful men in Hollywood — couldn’t find a way to postpone this movie while the sh-t hit the fan in his private life. Suri needed him to be there for her first day of school, but he was nowhere to be seen. Hell, even if he had to lose millions of dollars to get out of this movie, he could afford it. The guy could retire now and still live like a king for the rest of his life. So no sympathy for Tom there, right? Well, his team has now planted a cover story in People that takes us “inside his life alone” to share how miserable Tom is without Suri. Like it’s not his fault that he has other priorities or something:

Tom Cruise is dealing with a new — and very unexpected — reality.
    Based in London since mid-August, where he is deep in pre-production for the sci-fi action film All You Need Is Kill, the 50-year-old actor has been unable to see his 6-year-old daughter for nearly two months. (The pair were last together on Aug. 5, following a Walt Disney World vacation.)
    “I’ve got to see her,” an emotional Cruise told a friend recently. “I miss her.”
    Several sources tell PEOPLE in this week’s cover story that the actor’s rigorous film commitments — which he made well before his ex, Katie Holmes, filed for divorce and sole custody on June 29 — have presented an exceptional challenge in terms of seeing Suri.
    With Suri now based full time in New York City, where Holmes enrolled her in Manhattan’s private Avenues school, she has far less flexibility to visit him on set than under her previous home-school arrangement. Several sources say that a planned visit to London in mid-September was called off.
    Still, the newly minted first-grader is a fixture in her father’s life, speaking with him several times a day.
    “I can tell you that I haven’t had a meeting with Tom that was not interrupted by a phone call with his daughter,” says his friend, screenwriter Christopher McQuarrie.
    [From People]
    The message here? Bad Katie. She went and enrolled Suri in an actual school with an actual schedule! That was clearly against the rules, no? Again, Tom can always find a few days to hop his happy CO$ ass on a plane and see his kid. It doesn’t need to be some protracted extravaganza where he waves at the paps, flies Suri to Cinderella’s castle suite, and invites a tabloid reporter along for the ride. But I guess that’s the only way Tom is willing to be a father to Suri. He just doesn’t get it, you know? Even after Katie left him, he still doesn’t get that his absence (away for months at a time and only swooping in for a pre-premiere weekend set of photo ops) could be part of the problem. Like I’ve said before, Tom wasn’t around for Suri while he and Katie were married, so there’s no reason for him to understand how important it is to be physically present for Suri now. As for this pity party for Tom, I don’t buy it at all. If he wanted to see Suri, he’d find a way to fly and see her no matter what. Instead, Tom’s only performing pre-production duties for this latest movie (the cameras aren’t even rolling yet!), and he’s still dragging his lift-adorned feet. Poor little Tom.
    As a side note, Page Six reports that Brooklyn was kind to Katie and Suri over the weekend when they went flea marketing with a bodyguard in tow, and nobody bothered them. The girls reportedly looked “relaxed and happy,” and I’m sure Suri was relieved to not have flashbulbs popping in her eyes.

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet, Pacific Coast News, and WENN
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

What's up with his teeth? Didn't he used to be a bit more jacked?

I would love it if this were true, Tom might not be the brightest spark but he's got serious charisma and I think as he gets older he could be a real movie institution. That's not gonna happen while he's still embroiled with scientology. If he escaped and got himself a top-notch PR team and a great agent he'd be successful again, and I'd honestly love to see it. Its really crappy that he's not seeing Suri much, but if you ask me its more important that she has stability now when her life has been all topsy turvy lately. The proof is in the pudding as they say, we'll see what happens when he's back in the USA.

Nov have you thought of maybe speaking to your GP about the dyslexia? A buddy of mine is dyslexic and she went to her doc who gave her a bunch of recommendations for her job to help her out and it made quite a difference, wee things like having green text on a yellow background when she's typing and whatnot.
    Novice and WhateverLolaWants like this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    I would love it if this were true, Tom might not be the brightest spark but he's got serious charisma and I think as he gets older he could be a real movie institution. That's not gonna happen while he's still embroiled with scientology. If he escaped and got himself a top-notch PR team and a great agent he'd be successful again, and I'd honestly love to see it. Its really crappy that he's not seeing Suri much, but if you ask me its more important that she has stability now when her life has been all topsy turvy lately. The proof is in the pudding as they say, we'll see what happens when he's back in the USA.
    I agree he could be great (again?), I've heard from someone that worked with him that he's a nice guy. I was shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    Nov have you thought of maybe speaking to your GP about the dyslexia? A buddy of mine is dyslexic and she went to her doc who gave her a bunch of recommendations for her job to help her out and it made quite a difference, wee things like having green text on a yellow background when she's typing and whatnot.
    They can do colour-tests to see what works best for you to read. I find darker background & light text easier (so black text & white paper/screen is the worst for me) but it would be worth the test, they just don't seem to test adults now....

Seems it's not his choice whether to leave or stay. They have something - probably a pretty lot - on him and he knows it. Like Travolta I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I agree he could be great (again?), I've heard from someone that worked with him that he's a nice guy. I was shocked.

They can do colour-tests to see what works best for you to read. I find darker background & light text easier (so black text & white paper/screen is the worst for me) but it would be worth the test, they just don't seem to test adults now....
    Well mon amie I'm sure you're up for being a little pushy to get that testing done if you want!

Quote Originally Posted by milagro View Post
    Seems it's not his choice whether to leave or stay. They have something - probably a pretty lot - on him and he knows it. Like Travolta I guess.
    Yeah but that's just it, if he followed any of our excellent master plans for him he'd be A-ok!
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I wanted that People because of the Emmy dresses, but I wouldn't buy it. Tom's lonely life. What PR bullshit.

I don't think he'll ever leave the cult. Why would he? They worship him. He gets treated like a little god. And apparently these Hollywood types have never heard of outing your own secrets to take the power out of them, so they live in fear.

If he leaves, IF, I would become a fan. Not a fan who watches his movies or interviews, but I'd send like positive vibes to him or something.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by robbie View Post
    I wanted that People because of the Emmy dresses, but I wouldn't buy it. Tom's lonely life. What PR bullshit.

I don't think he'll ever leave the cult. Why would he? They worship him. He gets treated like a little god. And apparently these Hollywood types have never heard of outing your own secrets to take the power out of them, so they live in fear.

If he leaves, IF, I would become a fan. Not a fan who watches his movies or interviews, but I'd send like positive vibes to him or something.
    You must now go to all the stores in your surrounding area & hide all the copies of that People ASAP

robbie likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post
    You must now go to all the stores in your surrounding area & hide all the copies of that People ASAP

Hide them under the salami.
    shellywelly and sprynkles like this.

Or Wrestling Times....
    shellywelly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post

OMG...you're right! And take pics of myself doing it.
    shellywelly likes this.

Re Tom and dyslexia: I can't remember where I read it (maybe Andrew Morton's book?) but Tom having dyslexia is considered to be a crock that he invented years later so he could excuse his poor performance at school and promote Co$ as having "cured" him.
    greysfang, Brookie and Jazzy like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    He can't quit. He has invested his life. He will never admit he was a fool.
    This is what I believe. The lines between "Tom Cruise - Movie Star", "Tom Cruise - $cientologist" and "Tom Cruise - Real Person" are irrevocably blurred now. He's too invested and I don't think he even knows which of those is the "real" Tom any more. His whole being is wrapped up in the cult and the benefits that he gains from being BFF with Diddy Davey Miscaviage are too great for him to walk away from, even without the risk of them blowing open his confidential files. He wants for nothing as it is provided by a host of $ci slaves who are told that it's the highest honour to serve him, his ego is constantly kissed and masturbated to obscene proportions and he's showered with gifts by the cult, all bought and paid for with blood money that has been terrorised from those who don't have the protection of celebrity status.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I just think he's the type (obviously, I could be wrong) that would believe until his last breath. He's not too bright and he's been drinking the Kool-Aid for far too long. He'd have to admit failure and I think that's something he's not able to do (except for the wives and the kids).
    I don't believe that he admits failure AT ALL, not even in respect of his failed marriages. His ex-wives will always, always be the ones who are at fault, not him. Ordinary $cilons get told that bad things that happen to them are their own fault, that they "pulled it in", but I'll bet that Tommygirl doesn't get that thrown at him. No, it'll be the ex's fault for not believing and thus holding him back and infecting him with their 'bad engrams' and other such bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    He's dyslexic, but that doesn't necessarily make him a thicko.
    Agreed. I have dyscalculia (the numerical version of dyslexia) and I have to rely on calculators for anything more than basic arithmetic but I walked away with a Grade A in my GCSE English Exam without really trying and was on course for more when I did a couple other literature based courses (I had to drop the classes before exam time due to work commitments). Now my step-dad, he can barely scrawl his own name thanks to his dyslexia and has to rely on Ma Kitty for anything that involves reading or writing but ask him to add anything up in his head and he can do it in seconds. I think that your brain often compensates for the dyslexia/dyscalculia shortfalls by making you skilled in another area, whether it is English, maths or technical aptitudes. However if Mr Tinypants is indeed dyslexic it's unfortunate that his compensatory aptitude isn't acting.
    Brookie likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Bronze Member

According to ex COS members tommy boy has left before...they only got him back after years of spying on him and his divorce from Nicole.

if he can leave once, i hope he can again....he seriously needs to snap out of it

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Sukie View Post
    According to ex COS members tommy boy has left before...they only got him back after years of spying on him and his divorce from Nicole.

if he can leave once, i hope he can again....he seriously needs to snap out of it
    I've read the same thing several times but I was more under the impression that he didn't so much leave as more he became inactive. If he had truly 'blown' then he would have been dealt with much more severely (declared an SP, had his file opened up to the media through leaks and planted stories etc) regardless of his celeb status. I've also heard that it was his being sucked back in full time that lead to the demise of his marriage to NK and that upon his his return he became a truly hardcore dedicated member. Those leaked promotional videos he did for the cult showed a man who was fanatical in his devotion; the zeal and lunacy in his expression was really something to see (and laugh nervously at). My guess is that these rumours are nothing more than PR fluff to try and salvage his image with the movie going public before he hits the screens as the 6' 5" man mountain Jack Reacher (). Of course it's also good for his culty buddies for him to be seen to be taking a public step back as well considering that the negative publicity from his latest 'divorce' has thrown their insanity and abuses back into the spotlight but until he's officially Declared and fully spills the beans I'm not going to believe he's truly out for a second.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information