Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Toby Keith and all of his redneckness

Hit By Ban Bus!

Glad I'm not alone in this. I do like Toby and the thought that he was a racist bothered me.

If we are going to dissect country singing Toby maybe we should disect a few songs that call woman bitches and preach hate against cops.

Just because he's country doesn't make him a red neck any more than it makes me a redneck because I live in Georgia (thank you very much)

Tobey Keith knows more about the Iraq war because he's shown the official US military version?

Does he walk around the country to see what's going on? No, he sits in the green zone and entertains troops.

If he knew so much, he probably should have figured out early on, like anybody else who wasn't a complete idiot, that it was a crock based on lies , done for oil.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I don't get it why there had to be pictures of those hanged men. There has been and will always be violence and killing.

If it is not black people there will be other execuses to be morally unstable and cruel.

Showing pictures is just too much. Or why wont we just gather all pictures of a dead people and then cry in a row and talk how cruel others are. But still we need those pictures to tell us when to cry.

There are racist people and will always be, why cannot just let be so that men like that who made the song do not get free publicity by being a racist.
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ read the lyrics he wasn't being racist... he was talking about criminals not black people.

grimm dude he talks to the soldiers, he's been all over Iraq. He talks to those actually fighting the war.

btw where is the oil of which you speak b/c we haven't seen it yet. Toby Keith stated that he feels we will be out of Iraq soon... however next we will be back in Afghanistan..we meaning us not Canada

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I really do not want to hear about Toby Keith and the war.

I also do not want to hear about Iraq being honorable and having nothing to do with oil or pipelines. The war in Iraq is completely illegal and wrong and anyone who is not aware of the many wrongs taking place over there in the name of "freedom" need to get a clue. There are so many resources for information available and they aren't all crazy liberal conspiracy theories; just facts.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ then you shouldn't have come to this thread b/c it's about Toby Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I didn't even pay attention to the song. There's nothing outwardly racist about it. Toby's Obama comments are another matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Okay so to recap: Toby Keith may be an ass and perhaps even racist, but the song itself isn't inherently racist. Right?

Re-reading it now, it does sound more like wild-west imagery and references. I see how it could also be interpreted as racist, but it doesn't feel that way to me. *shrug*
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    I've heard this song a million times and never taken it the way this implies. When people talk about lynching people from a tall oak in my neck of the woods(The soweth), they are talking about vigilante justice, not racist hate crimes.
    Same and I've never heard it in reference to anyone but white people, but I honestly see how hangings instantly make people think of racism.

No matter what zone Toby was in when he went to Iraq, he still went. He was there to do something for the troops, not the war in general. My brother in law got the chance to meet him and some other celebs when they were over there. He said he was just a regular guy and thanked the troops, and seemed pretty genuine.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information