Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Threats against Shiloh Jolie-Pitt

I thought even Rumer Willis looked cute once upon a time.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Well we have 5955 days until she legal so I guess we can't wait that long to talk about her.

This site has a countdown until her 18th b-day. (lame but true)
    Lex & Terry Online - Home

I'm more angry about the "special" comments. I have a friend with a Down's baby and he is adorable and I can't even imagine what her reaction would be if someone were to say oh he looks "special".

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I clearly said "at some point" they are likely to see these comments. I don't mean today. It doesn't seem unreasonable to think that a teenage kid is going to google themselves and see what's out there on them.

I disagree with your last statement. I'm not saying people should have no opinions or only favorable opinions about children. That's unrealistic. I'm saying that, as adults, it would seem we'd have enough common sense and compassion to keep our mouths shut when we have nothing kind to say about a child. What good does it do to mock a child because they don't live up to some standard of beauty. Does it make the commentator feel better about him or herself? If not, what other conceivable reason would an adult have for putting a child down?
    What good does it do to mock anything? We mock everybody left right and center.

Why should any kid be more special than some random person on the street? If we're going to be compassionate, it's a bit hypocritical to pick and choose.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Gimmie a break, already. The freakin kid is an angel. More perfect looking than the gerber baby. Too cute.

I would say the same if she were the spawn of Aniston's.

But I guess I think a lot of babies/kids are cute.
    I agree, to me she looks like a baby model or something. She's too cute. But then again I do think most babies look like sweet little things.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    What good does it do to mock anything? We mock everybody left right and center.

Why should any kid be more special than some random person on the street? If we're going to be compassionate, it's a bit hypocritical to pick and choose.
    How is it hypocritical for me to say I don't make fun of any child's looks? I'm not picking and choosing between them.

No, it's hypocritical to say "stop mocking (insert person place or thing) because it's wrong", despite mocking everything else under the sun in here.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I think Shiloh is cute.. her lips are too damn big, but she is still a cutie.
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

That's right. I forgot, every opinion you have must be in black and white. It's not enough to say adults who live their life in the public eye are fair game while children are not. No, no. All people, despite age, gender, race, nationality, must be treated exactly equally when it comes to mocking. How silly of me to stratify things.

Shiloh is adorable.
    Can't imagine how she'll turn out with Brangelina as her guardians & the damn paparazzi hangin round her all the damn time.
    She'll lead a charmed life, but in a gilded cage, that's for sure.

Maybe she could live in Missouri for a few yrs with Brad's parents? So she can see how the common folk live.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    That's right. I forgot, every opinion you have must be in black and white. It's not enough to say adults who live their life in the public eye are fair game while children are not. No, no. All people, despite age, gender, race, nationality, must be treated exactly equally when it comes to mocking. How silly of me to stratify things.
    Pretty much. If they're caught on camera and end up in here then they're in the public eye.

I mean, how many different reasons need to be thrown up? First it's not nice, then it's because babies can't fight back (or understand really), then it's cuz they might come on here later to see all the meany comments (at which point they'll be able to dispute them, so poitns 1 and 2 are void then), and now it's a matter of being in the public eye or not and special treatment based on how often they're snapped?

Good lord, it's like listening to Dubbya's reasons for invading Iraq.

Lastly, just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it's wrong and the rest of those that engage in fun poking are somehow lower or 'less' in a away. That's pretty presumptuous.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

..................................dead yet?

Careful alice, soon you'll be wishing her dead! It's a slippery slope! merely observing is a gateway!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    I think she is sooo adorable
    p.s. i think she's cute too
    but i wouldn't want to have her

I want deaddwarfs daughter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Pretty much. If they're caught on camera and end up in here then they're in the public eye.

I mean, how many different reasons need to be thrown up? First it's not nice, then it's because babies can't fight back (or understand really), then it's cuz they might come on here later to see all the meany comments (at which point they'll be able to dispute them, so poitns 1 and 2 are void then), and now it's a matter of being in the public eye or not and special treatment based on how often they're snapped?

Good lord, it's like listening to Dubbya's reasons for invading Iraq.

Lastly, just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it's wrong and the rest of those that engage in fun poking are somehow lower or 'less' in a away. That's pretty presumptuous.
    Because I don't agree with who? You. LOL. Grim, I have news for you. I rarely agree with you. If this is the first time you've noticed it, then I'm hardly presumptuous. And I would add, more than once I boldfaced and underlined that this was all my PERSONAL opinion. You clearly skip over the things that allow you to continue to argue while avoiding any rational comments.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread Information