Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Theresa Caputo, The Long Island Medium, Investigated For Fraud

Quote Originally Posted by Seth82 View Post
    I am not at this time.

I may join in the future. are you on the JREF Forums?

James Randi is a bit of a hero of mine. I love watching him expose these "psychics" for the frauds they are.
    Yes, I am! I love James Randi, I got an email from him once and turned into a squealing fangirl.
    ariesallover likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Not to offend anyone who feels differently, but I equate a lot of this stuff mediums do along the lines of Ouija boards. It's dabbling around in the other side where you never know what's being pulled back. I think some people see and know things, but I don't know what's showing it to them.
    card, Callalily, A*O and 5 others like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_On_TheWall View Post
    *small voice* I like her and she seems to have a gift. She can't read everybody in the audience so I don't get when the person said that they all left disappointed.
    I'm a person who thinks there are people who have gifts like that. I saw Sylvia Browne talk & left the event not liking her at all. I'd have to see Theresa work live and make my opinion of her then. I would never pay that much money for a private reading...I think she charges over 500 dollars. No thanks. I just believe in things life after death, reincarnation and NDE.
    Save your money. Here's another scammer James Van Praagh doing the same thing that the other charlatans do. This was on one of those Aussie morning shows, and not their usual heavily-edited shows (that they produce themselves):

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Not to offend anyone who feels differently, but I equate a lot of this stuff mediums do along the lines of Ouija boards. It's dabbling around in the other side where you never know what's being pulled back. I think some people see and know things, but I don't know what's showing it to them.
    Penn & Teller already tested ouija boards:

Penn & Teller Ouija Board part 2 - YouTube

At 4:25 they blindfold the participants and turn the board upside down without their knowledge, and the 'ghost' seems to think the board is still the correct way up heh.

I used to be a HUGE believer in this shit. Long story short--I'm not anymore, and I'm sick to fucking death of these charlatans feeding off the upset and grieving people just to make a living. Get a real job, assholes. Or at least get off television.
    Mivvi21, I'mNotBitter and ADel like this.

i call BS on all psychics. But, if one came to me and told me that she was talking to my dad, mom and/or brother, i'd still love to hear it. I'm a sap like that
    faithanne and sluce like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Mediums do exist (like my mom's great grandmother or grandmother, I forgot), it's just that most of the ones on TV ain't the real deal, rather charlatans/circus acts who make up a whole lot of fuss to hide that they really aren't what they claim to be. My mom's (great)grandmother couldn't deal with her "gift" since everywhere she went she was bothered by spirits so she moved house a lot and she couldn't keep employees because they were scared shitless by items moving, doors opening and closing that kinda stuff. So she was the real deal but it brought her nothing but misery.
    sluce, Kittylady and SoCalMarie like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Yes, I am! I love James Randi, I got an email from him once and turned into a squealing fangirl.
    Hi guys, another James Randi fan over here. I love him!
    He was in Italy a while ago for a conference about this kind of crap and he was hilarious and very informative.
    Seth82 likes this.

mjw
    Elite Member

The Long Island Medium Allegedly Told Stacy Peterson’s Sister To Stop Looking For Her

Last month, Ron Teblo, an author and investigator who’s been trying to exposeThe Long Island Medium’s con artist ways for a while, gave Radar testimoniesfrom former employees and customers of Theresa Caputo who claim that she’s got the psychic skills of a taxidermy cat in a turban and uses tricks to fool people. Theresa’s former employees claimed that before a reading, she gets her people to do research on the dead loved one and uses her stunningly exquisite Wite-Out nails to pull shit out of her ass. In a video Ron made for his site SciFake (via Radar), he claims that Cassandra Cales, the sister of Stacy Peterson, who’s been missing since 2007, wrote him on Facebook and told him about her reading with The Long Island Medium. If your psychic abilities are telling you that the reading was a mess, congratulations! You’re more gifted than The Long Island Medium!

Stacy Peterson went missing in 2007 and her bloated piss bag of a husband Drew Peterson probably had everything to do with it. Drew is serving a 38 year sentence in prison after he was found guilty of murdering his third wife Kathleen Savio. Cassandra told Ron that for months and months, The Long Island Medium’s people kept bothering her to come on her reality shit show for a reading. Cassandra finally gave in and flew to NYC. The session was taped for The Long Island Medium,but it never aired, because it was a wreck from start to finish. Cassandra says that Theresa Caputo gave her no proof that she made a connection with her sister. Not only did Theresa waste Cassandra’s time, but the Jennifer Aniston look-alike with Kate Gosselin-on-roids hair also punched her in the soul by saying that Stacy wants her to stop looking.

“She gave me nothing. She really sucked and wasn’t hitting on nothing. [Caputo] said Stacy didn’t want me searching for her, to put it to rest. It was a hard day for me. I think she was a fake, phony. And lied to me.”

So wait, if this is true, then The Long Island Medium shamelessly took advantage of a vulnerable loved one of a high-profile case to get ratings for her TV show and more attention for herself. Hmmm… I hear a raspy hollering in my ear. It’s either from my neighbor’s fat, old ass cat coughing up another hairball or it’s Sylvia Brownecackling with glee from the beyond. Her legacy lives on!

Dlisted | The Long Island Medium Allegedly Told Stacy Peterson’s Sister To Stop Looking For Her

I think exploiting people who are clearly hurting, vulnerable, and desperate for some sort of way to ease the pain is fucking disgusting. Making money off of someone else's grief is the lowest of the low.
    Laurent and ADel like this.

mjw
    Elite Member

‘Long Island Medium’ Star Theresa Caputo Botches ‘Ellen Show’ Reading: ‘I Don’t Think She Captured His Spirit At All,’ Says Grieving Mother

Long Island Medium star Theresa Caputo may have seemed to charmThe Ellen Show audience during her highly-anticipated guest spot last year, but there was one eager fan that left upset and disappointed.

Pamela Weinstein— who tragically lost her 3-year-old son, Brandon, in 1999 to a deranged murderer as the innocent toddler was playing at a Costa Mesa, Calif., playground— tells RadarOnline.com in an exclusive interview that she was picked by the controversial reality TV psychic for a reading during a taping of the May 1, 2013 episode.

“Somebody lost a son in a tragedy,”married mother of two Caputo, 47, called out. “He tells me that he’s passed because he shows the doves in his hands.”

She then zeroed in on Weinstein, 49, who attended Ellen DeGeneres’ talk show with her eldest son, Justin.

“He’s thanking you for loving him and respecting his choices. You didn’t always agree with him, but you always respected him, is that correct?” Caputo told the grieving mother, who looked confused on camera.

Though Weinstein reluctantly nodded, she says the reality star was far from correct.

“She was referring to my son as being much older than he was,” the Lancaster, Calif., resident tells Radar. “She was definitely not spot on. I thought, ‘No, this does not sound like him.’ I do not think she was capturing his spirit at all.”

Weinstein says she had previously watched Caputo’s popular reality show, and was excited by the prospect of having a personal reading with the self-described medium. But that all changed after their awkward interaction.

“The reading wasn’t anything close to what my son would have wanted me to hear,” she says. “It did not offer closure at all.”

Instead, Weinstein says she now finds peace by praying to her late son.

“I talk to him myself,” she explains. “I say, ‘Show me this sign, and I’ll know it’s you.’”

In a bombshell report, Radar exclusively revealed that private investigator Ron Tebo had accused the psychic of being a total phony.

“She does more harm than good,” the SciFake.com founder told Radar in June. “She’s bringing comfort under false pretenses, and taking advantage of vulnerable, grieving people.

Radar Online | Theresa Caputo Botches ‘Ellen Show’ Reading With Grieving Mother

She should be arrested for that heinous hairdo.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

And her stupid ass fake nails.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Mrs. Weinstein should have called her out on the show.
    Laurent likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

OMG, she does look lke Aniston under that hairball.
    BITTER likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information