Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Theresa Caputo, The Long Island Medium, Investigated For Fraud

Silver Member

I think she's rather full of it. There have been so-called psychics making money at this for millennia. She just seems way over the top. I can't get past her hair and inch long nails!

I used to be on the JREF forums. I'm a huge sceptic and I've never seen any evidence to convince me that mediums have special abilities, even the ones who mean well and aren't on the make. Why is the other side so vague on details? Like why would a ghost be hovering there whispering "My name sounds like a fierce animal" instead of just shouting "tell him it's his uncle Lionel!" Or "my nickname is a gambling reference wooOOOOOwooooo" rather than "all my mates called me Black Jack" (I actually saw both of these examples on TV). Same with those dodgy religious miracles like weeping statues - if there is a higher power why are they performing such second rate carny tricks? Do something impressive FFS, then maybe I might believe.

I want to believe, I really do, and when I was younger I bought into it. Not so much anymore, but I'm sure if i make it to old age I might have a reawakening the closer I hurtle to death. I have lost people close to me that I would love to hear from again. Maybe they're taking other calls.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

A*O

Agree. These "messages" are way too vague although a desperate, grieving person would grasp at anything to believe it's from a dead rellie.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

While I think there are people with abilities such as this, I find it terrible that people like her make money on the grief and hopelessness of others.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

sprynkles likes this.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

Could that guy scream any louder, he ruined my eardrums
    Fly_On_TheWall likes this.

Ya duh, yes of course she is a fraud as is Sylvia and John the creep Edwards. I'm a proud Atheist, don't believe in any of this crap. Sure makes life a lot simpler. Thank God!!

^^^ See! Even atheists need God for the expletives!

I see a man, anyone lose a man? He's pointing to his heart. He's telling me everything but his name. That's what I don't get. The dead can do everything but tell you their name. That is one of many reasons I don't believe in these famous mediums.
    faithanne and dexter7 like this.

Silver Member

What took so long?!

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    Ya duh, yes of course she is a fraud as is Sylvia and John the creep Edwards. I'm a proud Atheist, don't believe in any of this crap. Sure makes life a lot simpler. Thank God!!
    you can be an atheist and can still believe in souls, believing a soul doesn't "die", but goes somewhere/is still around. that has nothing to do with believing in god (imo).
    levitt and ariesallover like this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I went and saw her last year (I think). A 75 y/o woman I am close to wanted to go so she bought a bunch of tickets and a group of us went. What a bunch of bollocks. She toddles around in her ridiculous heels warming up the audience with jokes and tacky charm wasting precious time as far as I'm concerned. There are people there desperate to hear from a loved one. There was not one specific thing said. It's just like you read about. "I'm seeing a woman, a mother perhaps. She died too young." 20 hands go up. In one case two teenage children claimed the dead woman as their mother. The daughter was a sobbing, hyperventilating mess. The boy a stoic. I wanted to punch this woman in the face as I watched the cameras zoom in on this girl's grief. And what was the message? "She's ok. She loves you. Everything is ok."

Plus she fishes around getting so many things wrong it's criminal.

My friend just went to her "show" last week and swears that this hag knew all about her mother, how she died, etc. This is the same friend who met a guy online
    and found out he just wanted money from her and asked her to send $1000 to some bank account in Nigeria or something.

She isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    you can be an atheist and can still believe in souls, believing a soul doesn't "die", but goes somewhere/is still around. that has nothing to do with believing in god (imo).
    Yes we can believe anything we want.

*small voice* I like her and she seems to have a gift. She can't read everybody in the audience so I don't get when the person said that they all left disappointed.
    I'm a person who thinks there are people who have gifts like that. I saw Sylvia Browne talk & left the event not liking her at all. I'd have to see Theresa work live and make my opinion of her then. I would never pay that much money for a private reading...I think she charges over 500 dollars. No thanks. I just believe in things life after death, reincarnation and NDE.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information